• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Sorry this is gonna be long, but I love these sort of silly threads. lol

Normally, I'd say it's a toss up between these guys...

:4samus: It should go without saying at this point. She's tough but vulnerable for most of the game but by the end of each of her adventures she can basically hunt down anything. Her suit can adapt to any situation over time and represents the peak technological superiority of an ancient species, technology that's so advanced that it can apparently be tuned to fight off the paranormal. I don't think anybody can deny that at least from a purely gameplay related view that no other character is quite as held back for the sake of this games' balance than Samus is. She'd be saturating the stage with missiles and various beams while running as fast as Zero Suit Samus normally, and at the speed of light at most with an infinite jump, different types of views and scans and etc etc.

:4ness: Anyone who's familiar with the Mother series knows the potential of PSI, but Ness (and :lucas:) also follow the RPG rule. Basically...they're insane by the end of the game. Full global teleportation, healing, psychic shields, all forms of hypothetical kinesis, hugely physically devastating psychic attacks and the list goes on and is maybe only limited to your imagination.

:4kirby: He's cute, and his power is literally limitless. I remember in the anime that Dedede once got sucked into him, and saw an entire galaxy inside. lol And just look at the power of that mega vacuum he had in his most recent game.To be honest Kirby's kind of frightening.

:4palutena:, maybe :4pit: and :4darkpit: Palutena's a Goddess so that goes without saying. Pit and Pittoo are angels. I mean, on top of being full blown celestial beings anyone who's played Uprising knows they have some pretty out there weapons and powers at their disposal.

:mewtwopm: Its Mewtwo. His power is maximum. lol

:4ganondorf: He is very powerful but I think some people maybe oversell his power a bit, but regardless he's obviously enough of a threat that the three goddesses give him personal consideration. He is only, as far as we know, able to be hurt by holy weapons which is definitely a thing (too bad we don't have Simon Belmont in here right?) Plus I mean, on top of that and his powerful magic and fighting strength...he does carry within him the essence of basically a primordial arch-demon as well as usually the Triforce of Power.

:4sonic: He may have just one single claim to fame, but it's a pretty damn good one if the Flash is any indication. Super speed is just one of those abilities that on its own warrants mention, and that's without Super Sonic. Even if he's still susceptible to its no use.

That's more straightforwardly, I gotta mention some potentially OP or even debatable

:4shulk:
Ok I gotta get this out of the way because few have mentioned him, and since Xenoblade is still sorta obscure-ish it shouldn't be surprising; but anyone who's played Xenoblade to the very end knows what I'm talking about. Generally..he's a competent adventurer and swordfighter yes, (although he utilizes what is probably one of the most powerful and primordial objects any character in this game wields the Monado's crazy yo.), but as any who've reached the end know there's more to Shulk than just a boy with a crazy sword. It's debatable as it's more potential than what came to be, but I think it just has to be mentioned. Sorry if I'm coming across as vague I just don't want to spoil things incase any here do end up playing it later.

:4duckhunt: Ok hear me out. Think about it, it's not just the dog and the duck...even Sakurai himself has said that it's three characters representing the entire Duck Hunt game that players are fighting against. You know who the third one is?

Yes, that's right. It's "you". Or the player in general. The person in real life, shooting a light zapper at the screen. It's only debatable because we're breaking the fourth wall here, but it is worth mentioning as the concept of this character in Smash Brothers involves the IRL player...which in the context of video game characters you can't get any more out there than that.

:rosalina: I only say it's debatable because the ending to Mario Galaxy is so debatable, as is the full magnitude of her power or even what role she plays in the universe. For such a popular character, there's still very little known about Rosalina and it's probably going to stay that way (I hope so, it gives her mystery.). I mean...did she really create a Big Bang? That's the assumption but to me I remember it still being so vague. Whatever the case, she's got some sort of cosmically transcending view of the universe which is itself a pretty awesome quality. She does have some sort of incredible power and more than likely belongs up above, but she's still undefined enough to I think be a bit more on the debatable side

:pt: Yes, if he has the entire Pokedex he's potentially insane, but then we get into the debate over whether it's really him...or what he's captured and it's just endlessly debatable. It's worth mention definitely but it's not so clear cut.

:4link:/:4tlink: and :4zelda:/:4sheik: I only wanna mention them because having the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom could be in itself something worth mentioning, on top of all the things they have at their disposal. But that's really debatable.

I -kinda- want to mention Fire Emblem characters too in this, as many of them aren't only really strong (Well at least Ike and Robin are) but lead armies, but that could be getting into semantics and I think I've named enough.
Ike is strong, but Marth is the more skilled swordsman. In a duel, It'd be hard to say who would win. I think Marth would most likely, in terms of Fire emblem gameplay due to Great Lords being the better class in comparison to Heros (If memory serves, I havent done any class comparisons in a long time)

Justin Wilsom

Smash Rookie
Gonna go with Ganondorf first since he's invincible to everything except the Master Sword and Light Arrows plus he's got the triforce of power then 2nd Rosalina and 3rd Mewto

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Gonna go with Ganondorf first since he's invincible to everything except the Master Sword and Light Arrows plus he's got the triforce of power then 2nd Rosalina and 3rd Mewto
But is he invincible to FARTS? Joking aside, :4duckhunt: is a right hand man of a hunter that carries a light gun with him all the time though. Bowser has died (and possessed) more times than Ganon dreams to be, and Sandbag is the only real invincible here in smash anyway.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Strongest? No question, Kirby.

/thread.

For it unto his lovingness of bright pink glory shines forth to begat his only stomach, wherein the world shalt not be slain by thine truly.

The only thing that comes close is the TF2 Heavy with triple sandvich dexterity.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Strongest? No question, Kirby.

/thread.

For it unto his lovingness of bright pink glory shines forth to begat his only stomach, wherein the world shalt not be slain by thine truly.

The only thing that comes close is the TF2 Heavy with triple sandvich dexterity.
Well, :warioc: could eat everything like :kirby2: since brawl. And he's the only one in smash that eats garlic. Wario would be final boss tier in Kirby games too. (Since his first appearance was a final boss.)

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
You're neglecting Kirby with Wario absorbed. Can you imagine Kirby utilizing the full power of garlic? Popstar would explode.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
You're neglecting Kirby with Wario absorbed. Can you imagine Kirby utilizing the full power of garlic? Popstar would explode.
The only problem is, could he still FART? The answer would be no. (For obvious reasons.) But anyway, Kirby is about 8" high and Wario is about 5' 3" and is impossible to eat regard less of size.

Wario would be final boss tier in Kirby games too. (Since his first appearance was a final boss.)

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The only problem is, could he still FART? The answer would be no. (For obvious reasons.) But anyway, Kirby is about 8" high and Wario is about 5' 3" and is impossible to eat regard less of size.
While it's true Kirby has evolved beyond such petty, primitive biological functions, I assure--oh kind sir--that Kirby would easily be able to swallow Wario, as though he were made of a churned gasoline.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
While it's true Kirby has evolved beyond such petty, primitive biological functions, I assure--oh kind sir--that Kirby would easily be able to swallow Wario, as though he were made of a churned gasoline.
I'd say the only way he'd be able to inhale someone 8 times his size like Wario is with the Hypernova ability, which then leads to the question if he should be able to carry a Hypernova fruit in with him in the first place. Apart from that, I'd say Wario wins because of his ludicrous durability (see Wario Land 2 and 3, where he can survive being split in half vertically without any lingering damage afterwards.) Even with Kirby's wide arsenal, nothing would be able to kill Wario.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I'd say the only way he'd be able to inhale someone 8 times his size like Wario is with the Hypernova ability, which then leads to the question if he should be able to carry a Hypernova fruit in with him in the first place. Apart from that, I'd say Wario wins because of his ludicrous durability (see Wario Land 2 and 3, where he can survive being split in half vertically without any lingering damage afterwards.) Even with Kirby's wide arsenal, nothing would be able to kill Wario.
Kirby's inhaled things the size of trees, so that theory's shot out the window. Not to mention when Dedede was eaten by Kirby, his insides were shown to be comparable to a galaxy.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Kirby's inhaled things the size of trees, so that theory's shot out the window. Not to mention when Dedede was eaten by Kirby, his insides were shown to be comparable to a galaxy.
:4duckhunt: has a professional fourth wall breaking huntsman with him. :4kirby: wouldn't be able to get in range without getting blasted. The only other that could compete is :snake:.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Bullets would barely injure Kirby. As for the 4th wall? His stomach is the 4th wall. Snake... I'm not really a fan of MGS, but isn't he just a human?

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Ah...see, I limited my scope to games (not including SSB). Considering the animé however, it would be plausible to eat Wario. However, it was stated that Kirby has trouble eating things really large or really heavy. Since Wario is both, Kirby would have to either make Wario smaller (Flat Wario via stone ability, etc), or outsmart him by inhaling him when balance is low from the low ground. While it's easy to outsmart Wario to get him on the high ground, Kirby is no great strategist either, with Fumu or Meta Knight having to tell him what to do most of the time. Should he somehow do one of these before Wario knocks him out, he's golden.

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
In Kirby 64 Kirby has some pretty rad power ups that could oneshot Wario pretty easily, but that's besides the point. In the anime Kirby's suction is comparable to a tornado, sucking in trees, boulders, parts of Dedede's castle, you name it. If we also look at SSBB or Kirby Air Ride, Kirby seems pretty smart on his own. Then there's also games like Nightmare in Dream Land that reinforce the fact he has a pretty solid warrior's instinct (granted GBA games are hardly evidence). Wario's pretty dumb as it is. Classic Wario was a pretty smart guy, but by Mario Tennis, he just turned into comic relief for the most part. Just remembering all the beatings Kirby's gotten, I don't see Wario capable of doing anything that Nightmare wouldn't be able to do.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Ah...see, I limited my scope to games (not including SSB). Considering the animé however, it would be plausible to eat Wario. However, it was stated that Kirby has trouble eating things really large or really heavy. Since Wario is both, Kirby would have to either make Wario smaller (Flat Wario via stone ability, etc), or outsmart him by inhaling him when balance is low from the low ground. While it's easy to outsmart Wario to get him on the high ground, Kirby is no great strategist either, with Fumu or Meta Knight having to tell him what to do most of the time. Should he somehow do one of these before Wario knocks him out, he's golden.
I'm going to get this source for you since you've watched the anime and I haven't. If Kirby has trouble eating heavy things, then Wario might kill him since the fat man weighs in at 305 pounds! To make things worst, he lifts and has garlic breath.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I'm going to get this source for you since you've watched the anime and I haven't. If Kirby has trouble eating heavy things, then Wario might kill him since the fat man weighs in at 305 pounds! To make things worst, he lifts and has garlic breath.
Go to the 2nd episode. There is a monster named Blocky that Kirby (at first) fails to suck up for this precise reason. Meta Knight then reiterates this in the following episode.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If we're going by Wario canon at any point in time, Wario is legitimately ****ing invincible if you count Wario Land 2.

Granted it's not the big picture but it's just food for thought.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Ganondorf is very powerful on his own, while King Dedede's forward smash can take out most characters in about 2-3 hits with enough charge.

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
That's because he was weak and hadn't developed properly yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3neE8pTC6oQ He eats watermelons the size of his own body with relative ease and sucks up everything off the dinner table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UE_zzMl-Pw Then there's the fact he eats Dedede too. At numerous points in the anime large debris flies into Kirby's mouth, whether it be while he's sucking up an enemy or failing to do so. Also notice the void known as his stomach. Nothing is safe.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2AJA4gynQ

EDIT: Let's also not forget his exceptional marksmanship, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnTVF2bMszk

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord
Not that she's actually powerful in canon, becuase she isn't, but WFT's sun salutation harnesses the power of sun gods, so in theory she could defeat Ganon.

Top Bottom