• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's a good compliment for Ike?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
There's characters Ike can beat, for everything else, there's Mastercard. I'd love Mastercard to be a playable character, but it's not. As such, I'm looking for a character who can pretty much cover all of Ike's bad match ups with either neutral or positive results. Do you have any ideas? Please post which of Ike's counters the character you recommend neutralizes, as well. I'd prefer it to be a duo, but I have no qualms about learning two more characters to make a trio.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
well Ike has trouble with characters that have projectiles so i would imagene a good compliment woul be a chracter that can either deal with projectiles well. Or you can also pick a chracter that can fithg fire with fire. I personnally dont counterpick but i've been thinking lond and hard to use Wolf as a counter pick againts projectiles

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
If you're playing in tournaments and you don't want to be highly countered by say.. Snake or Metaknight..then pick ....Snake or Metaknight lol. Seriously they counter eachother. It's like Falco, Sheik, Marth, Fox in Melee..Rock Paper Scissors type thing..they counter eachother lawlz!

I know you don't want to play either of them since you obviously wouldn't make this topic if you were going to play one of them.

In all seriousness though I would try out Zero suit, or Pokemon Trainer. They're both a little underrated which is great for those top tiers that think they're about to get an easy win. If you're planning on overcoming Snake I can't say much other than Fox, people seem to think he is a counter for Snake..I tend to agree. Also Metaknight usually does ok against Snake for some reason.

Optimus124

Smash Rookie
If you're playing in tournaments and you don't want to be highly countered by say.. Snake or Metaknight..then pick ....Snake or Metaknight lol. Seriously they counter eachother. It's like Falco, Sheik, Marth, Fox in Melee..Rock Paper Scissors type thing..they counter eachother lawlz!

I know you don't want to play either of them since you obviously wouldn't make this topic if you were going to play one of them.

In all seriousness though I would try out Zero suit, or Pokemon Trainer. They're both a little underrated which is great for those top tiers that think they're about to get an easy win. If you're planning on overcoming Snake I can't say much other than Fox, people seem to think he is a counter for Snake..I tend to agree. Also Metaknight usually does ok against Snake for some reason.

I would defininitely say Zero Suit gives Ike a hard time. My brother dashes in with Samus forward and and then immediately goes into the three hit combo. I would also say another is Toon Link. For his size and speed, he has a decent amount of power. Our three stock matches have gotten a lot longer due to him spamming with the C-Stick and his projective onslaught.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hm..I'll try these out. See, thing is, the way I play Ike I'm not really bothered by Metaknight (I don't let him get me far off the edge enough to be gimped) and I'm more worried about three guys: Snake, R.O.B and Wolf. Is there any character that does well against those guys and preferably is alright with Metaknight and Dedede?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Marth is a quick and easy pick up. You're likely practiced in the art of spacing, so thats already second nature. The only thing you learn with Marth after spacing is utilizing his whole moveset (which I swear to god is COMPLETELY useful. Dair is the only one that I don't use regularly).

Marth also has the ability to go even or have an advantage with the vast majority of the cast. He's also an Emblem character, if that means anything.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Alright, I think I'll choose either Wolf, Marth or Fox then. Marth seems easiest to pick up, but I think I'll devote some time to the spacies as well. Thanks everyone.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hm..I'll try these out. See, thing is, the way I play Ike I'm not really bothered by Metaknight (I don't let him get me far off the edge enough to be gimped) and I'm more worried about three guys: Snake, R.O.B and Wolf. Is there any character that does well against those guys and preferably is alright with Metaknight and Dedede?
You are also going to want to be very wary of Marth, as he pretty much dominates Ike. Toon Link does well also.

Marth does well vs pretty much every opponent, however only goes slightly better or even at best with most characters...His biggest worry is Snake, who gives him a hard time.

If I were you, I'd pick up a character with a projectile. Maining 2 characters with no projectiles doesn't give you that much variation. Also, if you need Marth advice, come to the Marth boards...My Marth is nice, so I'd be able to help you out a lot. Also, my friend Emblem Lord knows a crapload about Marth. We can get you hooked up, son.

Playing Marth at a high level is definitely not easy, either. He requires precision and near perfect spacing. Easiest to pick up would probably be Wolf, then Marth, then Fox...Easiest to play at high levels, IMO, would be Wolf, Fox, Marth. Marth is very match up based, and can't do the same thing to everybody, for the most part.

Also, don't think I forgot about your Vaporeon Light. :)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
ike vs marth is one of my favorite matchups. but everyone else hates it for some reason.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Meh, I mean, from what I've gathered from playing my friend's Ike, and he's really good, is that Ike just can't hit Marth, and when he misses an attack, which he does, he gets punished hard since Marth is fast...If Ike is off the ledge vs Marth, he should be dead. Idk, we don't need to get into this. :) But if it helps, even my friend who plays Ike thinks the matchup is impossible.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You are also going to want to be very wary of Marth, as he pretty much dominates Ike. Toon Link does well also.

Marth does well vs pretty much every opponent, however only goes slightly better or even at best with most characters...His biggest worry is Snake, who gives him a hard time.

If I were you, I'd pick up a character with a projectile. Maining 2 characters with no projectiles doesn't give you that much variation. Also, if you need Marth advice, come to the Marth boards...My Marth is nice, so I'd be able to help you out a lot. Also, my friend Emblem Lord knows a crapload about Marth. We can get you hooked up, son.

Playing Marth at a high level is definitely not easy, either. He requires precision and near perfect spacing. Easiest to pick up would probably be Wolf, then Marth, then Fox...Easiest to play at high levels, IMO, would be Wolf, Fox, Marth. Marth is very match up based, and can't do the same thing to everybody, for the most part.

Also, don't think I forgot about your Vaporeon Light. :)
Alright, I've been having some success with Wolf, Marth and Snake. As soon as my Marth gets better, I'll hop on by the Marth boards as you recommended. Thanks Jesiah (And I'm very glad to see a familiar face here as well!)

Top Bottom