• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
There's been a lot of debate in the Star Wolf thread about whether or not Krystal takes precedence over Wolf or not. I'd like to deter that argument to the first of hopefully many in a series called of "Who Would You Rather See In Brawl", a weekly segment (or maybe biweekly, we'll see how many ideas we can come up with for characters) that I'll be doing, asking people to decide between two characters.

Anyways, you can find Wolf O'Donnell's thread here and Krystal's thread here. Please keep all discussion about the two characters in here, and not in the other threads. Use their own thread to talk about creative ideas for the character, not whether or not they'll be chosen.

Here's one of my posts from the Wolf thread as to why I think Krystal has a higher chance than Wolf to be in Brawl:

Kokichi said:
Personally, I agree with Sonic that yes, Krystal does have priority over Wolf when it comes to character choice from the SF series. I think it's safe to say Fox and Falco will remain from SSBM, no? And I also think it's safe to say that Wolf and Krystal are the two SF characters with the largest chance to be in SSBB as playable characters, right? Perhaps Slippy too, just because he's...Slippy...but, anyways, Wolf and Krystal. Top two choices.

I think Krystal would have the highest chance to get in due to a few reasons. For one, she is, in fact, a she. There are only four females right now in SSBM (Jiggs, Samus, Zelda/Sheik, and Peach). That means there are 21 males. That's a pretty low ratio for women. Seeing Zero-Suit Samus in Brawl makes me suspect that they're going to reach out to get more female fighters, even in places where you'd least expect them (seriously, whoever thought Zero-Suit Samus would be in Brawl?). So, I think Krystal might be one of the first female characters they go to.

Secondly, I think she is naturally a bit more different from Fox and Falco than Wolf is. Wolf is about the same body frame as both Fox and Falco, has about the same level of training and experience, and just I'd assume he would have access to about the same equipment (blasters, jetpack, etc.). Krystal is of a lighter frame, has a staff (which right there would be a brand new addition to the SSB series...no other character has a staff, and I can't think of any Nintendo character that DOES have a staff that would have a chance to be in Brawl), and, as Sonic reminded me, she also has some degree of psychic potency. Thus, I would imagine that her moveset would be completely different from Fox or Falco's, and I think that the creators would prefer to have more unique characters than characters that closely resemble one another (as evidence of the "We're changing the clones' movesets" comment) from Sakurai).

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Wolf does not have a chance in Brawl, nor am I saying that I don't want to see him in Brawl. I would *love* to see Wolf be in Brawl; I think he's one of the cooler Star Fox characters, up there with Falco. Also, I am not saying that, if acquired in the game, he'd have the same moveset as Fox and Falco. The creators can be completely original with his moveset, making him an entirely different character from Fox and Falco. However, just based off of who he is and what he can do (in the canon series), he'd be a bit harder to come up with an original, believable moveset. Again, the fact that he's about the same body size of Fox and Falco makes me put him lower than Krystal; durability is another factor, just as moveset potentiality is, because how sturdy a character is another deciding factor (that's a good reason why I think Bowser Jr. would be in, to counter Bowser's heavy-weight appeal).

Anyways, I'd love to see both characters in Brawl. However, if I was forced to only choose one, I'd go with Krystal. Even though I absolutely *hated* Star Fox Adventures (must...kill....Tricky...), I find the character likable, unique, and kawaii
So, go ahead and discuss away. Also, if you have any ideas as for characters for this new poll series, please PM me it. I'll definitely read them all, and I definitely need the ideas, heh. Thanks, chi! :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Tough one, but I picked Krystal because of magical-staff-based weaponry. I'm not saying Wolf would be a clone of the current space animals, but I do think they would be fairly similar. I'd much rather a magic staff to smack people around with.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I believe that I've amply prooved my point in the Wolf thread.

Krystal's just got the complete pakage, there's no good reason not to include her. Wolf just can't stack up

... and DARN YOU KOKICHI for getting to this before me!!!

*shakes fist in mock anger*

next maybe:
Diddy: Team or no?

or maybe instead:
Lyn
Hector

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Im gonna say krystal, cause shes got a unique weapon and shes a female. Id want both in, but wolf is a lot more similar to fox than she is.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bah wtf wolf only got 2 votes... i chose wolf cause every character needs their rival over their partner. the only thing krystal has over wolf is the fact is that she is a female and she has a staff, and both of those reasons are insignificant if you ask me.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It is so hard but I pick Krystal because of the staff here are some

Diddy vs Diddy & Dixie
Skull Kid vs Vaati
Lucario vs Blaizken
Sonic vs Geno
Lyn vs Ike
Hector vs Eliwuss I mean Eliwood >_>
Diddy vs DK Jr.
Waluigi or Petey Piranah

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee! I choose you! [/fanboyism]

I picked Krystal.

If you were to strip them both of all their battle experience, weapons, and magic abilities, they both have one thing to contribute to Brawl that the other doesn't.

Wolf is a villian.
Krystal is a female (with unique appeals.)

Smash is desperatly lacking on both departments with only four ladies and three villians.

Looking at them as a whole, Krystal has Wolf beat. Her staff offers the possability of a whole new fighting style. Let's face it, even though Sakurai COULD give him a different moveset than Fox, Wolf still has a FAR greater chance of being a clone than Krystal does.

Personally, I consider Krystal to be a lock-in character and I wouldn't care one way or the other with Wolf.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Interesting that the next poll idea I had was either "Diddy Alone or Diddy + Dixie (e.g. IC)". I guess that's a popular thought on most people's mind - hopefully it's also on the developers' as well :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Just remember to keep an updated list of past winners somewhere (Krystal is toally thrashing wolf)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I picked Krystal. She's atleast gauranteed to have a own moveset thanks to her staff.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Where's Andross? Bowserlick has to get his vote in...:laugh:

Seriously, I thought Wolf was going to be doing better than this. Is it too late for a pity vote? :(

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Ok every1 one wants to have those little stories in adventure mode should read this:

Your playing as Starfox. You beat some random Smash character and it cuts to an FMV of Fox walking away from the last fight. Then all of a sudden a Wolfen swoops down, and Wolf jumps out in front of Fox and Fox says something like "What are you doing here?" and Wolf being the badass that he is says "To finally get rid of you once and for all." Then you start the brawl.

I think that would be way better than Krystal and Fox ruining smash with their little love story.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What a hard decision.

I have never played a game with Krystal in it, but it does seem she can offer an unique moveset. But I am not sure how cool she really is. Wolf has the rad factor going for him. He could be a tough matchup and he certainly fits the villian model. But three space animals with similar equipment running around? I don't like that idea and it seems that Wolf has a fairly good chance of falling into that category.

So I voted for neither. I rather have Andross in with his body and bizzare scientific gadgets and flying metal blocks.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
[sarcasm] Yea, master hand and crazy hand with a head. That sounds AWESOME...[/sarcasm]

I said he would have a body. Imagine this. Andross's ugly face situated on a neck that is attached to shoulders which leads to a torso, a waist, and then legs! If we give this frightening villain two big metal gloves complete with thrusters on the palms, Andross's main focal points will still be his large, unforgettable face and hands. So the image everyone is familar with won't be totally lost. He would just have a body (strapped with a belt containing potions, vortex grenades and the like, and with a flowing cape) to make him function like the others. This way he would have an original moveset like Krystal, but retain the cool, villain factor of Wolf. Plus he shoots metal blocks!

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Andross is more original but id rather not see him when compaired to Krystal or Wolf. Nobody likes him, he is lame, he has little fanbase and he wouldnt work well in brawl unless you plan to make him small (which would still be a bad idea)

To sum it all up: Andross sucks and isn't wanted in brawl. Hell I bet I could find more people that want me in brawl than him...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That could be the next poll. Andross vs Firefly for Brawl. It might be close, but I will always hold out hope for my ugly disfigured ape.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
^_^, if you could post a poll id like to see the results (provided you give people a little info about me not just info on andross)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ok every1 one wants to have those little stories in adventure mode should read this:

Your playing as Starfox. You beat some random Smash character and it cuts to an FMV of Fox walking away from the last fight. Then all of a sudden a Wolfen swoops down, and Wolf jumps out in front of Fox and Fox says something like "What are you doing here?" and Wolf being the badass that he is says "To finally get rid of you once and for all." Then you start the brawl.

I think that would be way better than Krystal and Fox ruining smash with their little love story.
SSB doesn't have a story :ohwell:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Personally, Krystal, Wolf, and Pit were the only people that I wanted in the new one, and luckily one has already been announced!

But yeah, I don't care who the hell gets in as long as Wolf and Krystal are two of them.

And if I had to choose one? I don't know... probably... Yeah. I'd probably just close my eyes and point.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Love story? Who gives a crud? I wanna see Krystal out of Fox or any other Nintendo character. Besides, she'd rock with that staff of hers.

This IS Smash Bros, y'know. Love is... well... y'know.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Let's start by saying I prefer Krystal over Wolf any time, simply because she's good with staves (pun intended).

But I will find Nintendo to be crazy if they wouldn't allow both in Brawl. Both are the things people want to see in Brawl. We already got a doodooload of Mario characters, we might get more Pokemon, so it would be kind of sad to just have one or two characters for the other games. Star Fox is important enough to have four. And wasn't it always that the Star Fox series, not counting Adventures, always was with four, where one was playable?

For that reason Tingle should deserve a spot *shrugs*

Stryks

Smash Hero
What the?! Wolf being pwn by krystal?!
Lol hey how about battle of the 3rd parties: Sonic vs Megaman, or retro characters: Mach rider vs balloon fighter...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol im not really worried. there very close, I bet both of them will be in brawl so meh... *CoughANDROSSWONTBEINBRAWLCough*...

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Wolf is a metrosexual man, he would own people then get asked out on a date by Fox, decline since he isnt gay (just metro) and own some more.

Top Bottom