• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would buy a Smash Bros. Arcade Machine

ChickenCarm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonCarmine
If there was a Smash Bros. Arcade machine, that played either Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, or Smash 4 (maybe even all 4), would you buy it? If so would you rather the machine have arcade buttons and joystick or just regular controllers (depending on the system).

Which one would you like to own or be willing to buy?

Me, personally, I think I would like to have an original smash bros. 64 cabinet with the arcade buttons because I feel like its the most like an arcade machine.

Let me hear what you guys would like!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea 64 would "feel" the best on an arcade setup, although personally I'd prefer not to play it or any of the games on an arcade machine since I prefer the traditional controls that we're used to. but it'd be cool to have for novelty's sake

Only if it has enough room to let four players crowd around it; I'd be all over that. Smash64 has what I'd consider the most arcadey feel, but any of them would work if all modes except versus were disabled.

ChickenCarm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonCarmine
Only if it has enough room to let four players crowd around it; I'd be all over that. Smash64 has what I'd consider the most arcadey feel, but any of them would work if all modes except versus were disabled.
Thats how I felt. I was actually in the process of making one a few months back and I suddenly got the urge to finish it the other day. Maybe I will now!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Thats how I felt. I was actually in the process of making one a few months back and I suddenly got the urge to finish it the other day. Maybe I will now!
Sounds interesting.

I would probably go for it, depending on how it feels. Good luck on that project

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I would like a smash 64 cabinet, but with N64 controller ports. Mabey the side graphics could be in the style of the box art.

Urz

Smash Cadet
Gamecube controller ports would probably be best. Then you could setup chairs/stools and fan out around the machine (retractable cables?).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would. In a heart beat.

Then someone puts gum and peanut butter in the controller ports and my heart proceeds to stop.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Gamecube controller ports would probably be best. Then you could setup chairs/stools and fan out around the machine (retractable cables?).
If you ever went to a Mcdonalds with an N64 or a Gamecube you'd know that the controllers get busted up so badly by the people who use them. Controllers have a lot less durability than a fight stick.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I built a MAME emulator arcade machine with my dad a few years back. It ran on a DELL computer and could play Smash 64 on an emulator, but you had to use an arcade joystick (no analog) and weird unresponsive buttons since I had no good USB controllers.

It was good for other games like Gradius though, lol.

I'd totally buy a Smash arcade cabinet though. That'd be awesome to own. As long as it had replaceable controllers.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
If there was a Smash Bros. arcade machine, they would have to have GameCube controllers connected to them. They are basically the Smash Bros. equivalent to fight sticks.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't buy Arcade Machines.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
If I had the money I would. I've wondered to myself why there isn't an arcade machine for any of the smash bros games. If a mobile app game can get its own arcade machine I don't see why smash bros cant have one. Hell it wouldn't even have to be an arcade machine, it could be just a kiosk except it would cost coins to play of course (got to make bank). You know how much money that would make? A lot! lol I know in the U.S. arcades aren't so popular as they used to be but they're still huge in Japan so if its huge in Japan then surely it would come to the West to the many few Arcades still out there. I hope some day that day will come because I can totally see it happening

Top Bottom