• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would be the perfect partner for Lucas

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Hey guys since you can play online with teams who do you think would make a great partner for Lucas? Theres alot of possibilities but I would probably choose Pokemon Trainer. If it was on friendly fire you could be healed and PT has alot of variety and attack power depending on what pokemon is out.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Bowser
Samus
Ike

I can see them working with Lucas. For some reason, I really see Bowser/Lucas as a good team up. Lucas has the range and is a bit faster... Bowser has some powerful moves he can use after Lucas sets the opponent up. Bowser also has the Fire Breath which can heal Lucas, and Lucas has the less laggy aerials.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I teamed up with my friend's Ike. (We called ourselves team "Psike!"). I think it's a great combination, because Ike can deliver powerful damage and killing blows when Lucas does what I feel he's supposed to do--keeps people away from him and fights at a distance. This way, he's less likely to be caught by Ike's powerful moves with range, such as his Eruption.

That said, the Ness/Lucas team is too perfect! I'd play Ness and protect my Lucas partner just like in the SSE videos. XD

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Both Ness and Lucas has great K.O. moves, Lucas has better range and overall better aerials.
Ness can combo and harass really, really well with PKfire stuns and his better throws. They can heal each other when absolutely necessary and is decently easy to help each others recovery (not that you need it too much in brawl).

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
i think bowser or Link would be good with lucas, there both kinda slow but very strong, lucas is agile and has ranged attack

Malk

Smash Champion
Coming back from playing smash all weekend, I think Snake could be one of the best partners for Lucas. A good snake player is able to throw grenades at keys time while holding his own, which severely limits the battlefield for the opponents. Lucas will have to watch where the grenades and mines are, but that should become second nature with practice. Basically, Lucas' versatile projectile game is enhanced greatly by the battlefield control of the grenades and mines. Limited mobility options for the opponents mean easier set up for dash -> upsmash kills.

(Blankrubber(Mikey)

Smash Rookie
They can heal each other when absolutely necessary and is decently easy to help each others recovery (not that you need it too much in brawl).
Might be a noob question, but if team attack isn't on, how can they heal each other? Do their shield still absorb each other's PSI attacks even if team attack isn't on? I've played Brawl, but not 2v2 extensively, usually ffa, so I dunno.

Malk

Smash Champion
Team attack is almost always on in competitive 2:2...

Edit: team attack is always on in competitive 2:2
it's almost always on in friendly 2:2 also

legendganon

Smash Cadet
Pit becasue
A) he could heal him
B) he has a great recovery
C) he can attack quickly
D) Pits awesome

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Dedede would make a great partner, too.

With team attack on, you can absorb the beams of the Waddle-doos, or whatever the F they're called. And it restores A LOT. You would have to be careful not to get to close to the big guy, however.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Ike has reliable killing power that can capitalize on Lucas's long distance damage capabilities. Kirby's a good character, but I can't think of anything specifically that would make him do welll with Lucas. I guess he could refill Lucas's life with his final cutter, and avoid the most powerful moves like L's up smash and PKT2 with his stone, but other than that ...

And ... Yes. Lucas and Claus are the best.

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
Obviosuly, if you look at the names, you can see that Ness is the best partner for lucas; hence, the luch-ness monster!

Top Bottom