• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
1) Pikachu

2) ZSS

3) Mii

4) Ike, IF he returns

(possibly: Rosalina, Villager)

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I have a preference for all-round to strong, heavy characters. So...

Main: Ike

Secondary: Bowser

Tertiary: Chrom (pending)

^-^

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
1) Pikachu

2) ZSS

3) Mii

4) Ike, IF he returns

(possibly: Rosalina, Villager)
Ike returns. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html
Anyway, I think Little Mac + Kirby is a good idea. Those two have very distinct playstyles, so if one bores me at that moment, the other one may be the perfect pick then. Aside from that, I would play Bowser, Mario and maybe Mega Man. Ness, if he comes back, and he will (or Lucas, one of them), will be played as well.
...Or I just press the random button. I probably can't always decide who I want to pick.

:4greninja:

Last edited:

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Ike's already been confirmed.
Ike returns. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html
Anyway, I think Little Mac + Kirby is a good idea. Those two have very distinct playstyles, so if one bores me at that moment, the other one may be the perfect pick then. Aside from that, I would play Bowser, Mario and maybe Mega Man. Ness, if he comes back, and he will (or Lucas, one of them), will be played as well.
...Or I just press the random button. I probably can't always decide who I want to pick.

It's so awkward I posted that, consdering I already went to the Ike thread to say I'm glad he's back LOL

Freak Ability 6

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely gonna try Marth for the third time, even though he's been hit with the nerd hammer of death.
But others I'm looking to try is Greninja, the villager, the mii swordsman, and lucario because he looks like he will be awesome with that buff he's getting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
In order of most used of my Mains

My No. 1 most used in this and every smash bros game
:4kirby:
:rosalina:
:gw:
:rob:

And I am confident that R.O.B. will be back, people who say otherwise really need to wake up to themselves.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
:4littlemac:

Still waiting on Wario though. (And Chorus Kids!) I always main or at least sub-main boxers however, so Little Mac is still an awesome candidate for me, as a boxer myself and a Punch Out fan.

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Well, I definitely will keep using Mario and Peach. I plan to try out Villager and Megaman. I tend to have a few mains, but Mario and Peach will definitely remain the top two.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I am considering maining so many characters right now its ridiculous. I am excited for veterans like Pit, Zelda, Fox, Link, Toon Link, Luigi, Zero Suit Samus, and Pikachu, but I am really hoping to main a newcomer this time around. I've always been interested in Villager, I love Pac-Man, Palutena is awesome, and E3 got me excited to try out Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Little Mac. I just don't know lol.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Main: Greninja

Secondary: Marth, Jigglypuff (if she returns)

Teritary: Palutena, King Dedede, Wolf (If he returns)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1. :snake: If he makes it.

2. :4villager: His abilities look fun.

3. :4luigi: Shoryuken.

4. :4wiifit: Fresh style, yoga-based exercises turned lethal, etc.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
As of right now it's between Greninja and Sonic. Though I always end up playing as Kirby and Pikachu, just because they are usually my best characters even if I don't play as them a lot. But if that guy in my avy is in the game, I probably won't ever play as another character.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Probably Villager, Ridley, Megaman, Pacman, or if their DLC, Captain Toad and Bandana Dee. Obviously the last two are speculation

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
:4bowser:

Unless I get lucky and King K. Rool shows up. I'd main K regardless, no questions asked.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
:4lucario::4bowser::4yoshi::4pikachu: (in no particular order)

EDIT: I'll also be maining Lucina if she gets in... Sakurai pls

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
My crew, :4marth::4bowser::gw::rob:
As well as a selection from; one of the Space Animals, :4greninja:, :warioc:, :4zss:, :4pit:,:4pacman: and Chrom (to replace Marth). Not all of them, but I'll look more seriously into them once the game is released

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
1. :wolf: (if in)
2. :4yoshi:
3.:4fox:
4. :4bowser:
5. :4zss:
6. :4myfriends:
7.:falcon:
8. :4diddy:
9. :4kirby:
10. :4marth:
11. :4zelda:
12. :4greninja:
13. :mewtwomelee: (if in)
14. :gw:
15. :ganondorf: (if modified)

That's a rough order. I'll play everyone at at least some point, but the order seen here goes from most to least often, based on what I've seen. Mewtwo, Greninja and Ganondorf may move up depending on what happens to them/how I like them.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
1.:4yoshi: because yoshi
2.:4villager:because he's awesome and badass
3.:4greninja:my favorite pokemon, it made:157: lose the 1st place after a loooong time
4.:4wiifit:seens to be a crazy and fun character to play
5.:ness2: hope he will be a better character
6.:jigglypuff:I really have fun playing as jigglypuff in brawl, unfortunately he's bad in that game, and i'm bad at melee where he's good, so let's hope he's good at smash 4 (YES I THINK JIGGZ IS MALE)
7.:lucas: really unlikely, since I already main him in PM, plus there's the possibility he isn't returning.
8.:4kirby: unlikely too, he's one of my seconds in brawl, he's a character I like, but he can't compete with my favorites.

Last edited:

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
1. Lucina (if she's in), if not: Palutena
2. Greninja
3.Kirby
I'd stick with my man Marth, but he looked horrendous in the demo

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Now the list could change when i play it on wii u (or if they come out with a 3ds bundle with smash bros 3ds)

1. :rob: (Was my main in brawl should be no suprise if it happened again.)

2.:4pacman: (Like his moves)

3.:4dk:(second main in brawl)

4.:4greninja: (I like this character of how he work when his gameplay happened in the tournament.)

5. Ridley (if confirmed)

6.:mewtwopm: (If hes back)

7. King k rool (if confirmed.)

8.:4mii: ( why resist playing as myself, and the 3 different versions with 3 different movesets for each.)

9.:4megaman: (I did not expect him, would have ben higher if he has a little more close range combat.)

10. :4palutena: (Look at the miis except for the play as myself part.)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
1) Rosalina & Luma
2) Palutena Princess Zelda
3) Sheik
4) Zero Suit Samus
5) Greninja

6) Villager
7) Wii Fit Trainer
8) Mega Man

Lucario, Pit, Little Mac, and a couple others tie for 9) and 10)
Said this in April. Some things changed with confirmations and footage.

1. :rosalina:
2.:4palutena:
3.:4zss:
are my top 3
4. :4greninja:
5.:4pit:
finish off my top 5
6. :4zelda:
7.:4sheik:
8.:4pikachu:
9.:4pacman:
10. Shulk :4lucario:
I'm not so sure about.
Mega Man and Little Mac are characters I'm glad made it in, but their playstyles now appeal to me the least out of any newcomer except Miis.
Villager is #11. The rest don't stand out to me yet as something I'd want to play as. Except maybe Samus, I'd put her at #12. And Chrom at #13

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really feeling anyone on the roster right now. But I guess I am most interested in::4wiifit::4mii::4diddy:

I'm sure Ness will be in, so it will most likely be him.

Now give me Lucas and Dixie!

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Can't tel who I'll main before playing the game. Rocket Raccoon is the only character I've been able to do that with in a game.

Going to be picking a lot of Random Select, Kirby, and Greninja. Jigglypuff too if she's in. See what happens.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
(In no particular order):

:4bowser:
:4pacman:
:4link:
:4zss:
:4charizard:
:4littlemac:
:rob: (He's coming back, I can hear gyros spinning miles away.)
:mewtwopm:(I have high hopes for Mewtwo.)
:ganondorf:(Please provide a new move set...)
:4myfriends:
:4megaman:
:4wiifit:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
1. :4palutena:
2/3. :4zelda:/:4zss:
4. :rosalina:
5, :4peach:
6. :4wiifit:
7. :4yoshi:
8. :4charizard:
9. :4samus:
10. :4marth:
Of course this will likely change after release but as I now these are the 10 I'm planning on playing as.
(I'm going to give every character a chance though)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Its listed in my Sig. but for good measure.
:4mario: My head-honcho, I love me a good all-around character, however, I need to put his FLUDD to good use.
:4mii: So far, my favorite newcomer of all. Their diverse types/movesets will give me some fun battles.
:4bowser: I was not shabby with him in Brawl. His buffs will be an awesome upgrade to my game.
:4wiifit: Another all around looking character, and I actually managed to kick butt with her during the demo (I lost the Sudden Death though...)
:4yoshi: He was my first main since Melee, and he's been buffed. This opportunity cant be wasted.
:4dedede:Another heavy character who got one necessary buff: The Gordos. It was a pain to have the Waddle Dees, so I didnt use his Side Special that often.
:4pacman: Sakurai made his moves awesome. I will attempt to main him.

Secondaries
:4pit: His new moveset looks awesome. I have to try him
:4olimar: Again his small revamped moveset was a nice change. I feel like I can put the 3 Pikmin to good use.
:rosalina:I feel like her Luma will call for some fun tactics.
:4sonic:I kind of enjoyed his Brawl moveset....
:4villager: His arsenal of small gadgets will be fun to use

Sir_Africa

Smash Cadet
If Fox ends up being competent then he's my no.1

But I'm looking extremely forward to Palutena and Little Mac

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
With the current roster, my top 5 are:

1. :4zelda:

2. :4myfriends:

3. :4megaman:

4. :rosalina:

5. :4palutena:

If I had my way:

1. :4zelda:

5. :ivysaur:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm only gonna list the currently revealed characters, because I don't wanna dive too deep into the speculation train

Bur for now it's looking like, in some order

top three are gonna be
:4villager:, :4samus:, :4charizard:
idk the order yet

Characters that I'm interested in trying to bring into my rotation are
:4dedede:, :4pacman:, :4megaman:

Of course, if Ridley, or someone else on my wishlist gets announced, I'll have to throw them into the mix somehow.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
1.):rosalina: She's flipping amazing and she seems to be extremely deadly once you get the hang of her. Not to mention Rosalina is one of my favorite characters of all time.
2.):4peach: Peach has been my main ever since Melee, and she looks pretty unchanged that's fine, she was perfect anyway.
3.):4villager: Looks extremely fun to use and his tree intrigues me.
4.) :4megaman: It's Mega Man, how can you not like him? He looks promising.
5.):4bowser:I've never really been a fan of Bowser, but I've dabbled with him. He looks better than ever in this game.
6.):4palutena:The Goddess of Light has never looked better. Her moveset looks extremely fun and has some interesting combo potential.
7.) :4marth: Who doesn't like Marth? He would've been higher, but he looks a little nerfed.
If they are confirmed:
:substitute: Chorus Men/Man/Boy(s)/Marshal I would prefer it to be a singular Choir Boy or Marshal, but I think 3 of them would make for on interesting moveset.
:jigglypuffmelee: Jiggs was my main in melee, If it comes back, I want it to be more like it's Melee counterpart.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a good amount of who I want to main.
  1. :4palutena: My most wanted, and she looks incredible.
  2. :4tlink: He's been my Brawl main forever, and I can't wait to play as him again.
  3. :4pikachu: Pikachu has always been a good character for me. Plus, he's adorable.
  4. :4peach: I have a real easy time playing as Peach. Like, Pikachu in 64 and Toon Link in Brawl, she's my Melee main.
  5. :rosalina: Always wanted a puppeteer. I can't wait to try her out, I loved her in Mario Galaxy.
  6. :4greninja: Greninja has always been my XY starter! In both runthroughs of both games, I picked Greninja! So excited!
  7. :4zss: My secondary Brawl main. She looks stronger and I want to play as her more.
  8. :4pit: I love Pit as a character, but playing him in Brawl, he didn't have that "oomph". He looks better now.
  9. :4charizard: I love Charizard, and I would want to try him out on his own. I think he'll be much better without the stamina issue.
  10. :4zelda: I always played as Zelda, so she's a must for me. Hope she gets stronger in the final product though.
I also think I could go for Bowser, Link, WFT, Samus, and Sheik.

As for unannounced, well, I'm a sucker for blondes, so Lucas and Shulk would be up there. Maybe also Ganondorf and the Chorus Kids for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom