• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you main? Or hyped to try out atleast?

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Hoping to use either Ness, Kirby, Sonic, or Pikachu regularly.

And I want to try out Megaman!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Pac Man looks interesting as well as Duck Hunt and Jr, oh yeah Ill try out Little Mac since I play boxer's in normal fighting games.

And of course Ill check all my classics D3, MGNW, Ness, Olimar, Jiggilypuff and Falco (this would be wolf :urg:) pm made me enjoy falco.

Last edited:

Viper Bite

Smash Rookie
Hyped to try: :4palutena: :4shulk: :4robinf: :4wiifit: :4lucario:

Having skipped Brawl, it's hard to say who I will main.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lucina, Robin, Samus and Pac-Man have my attention.

And considering I'm going to be using :4robinf: this is the first fighting game ever in which my mains are predominantly female.

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
Robin was my most wanted and from what I've seen he looks fantastic. He'll most likely be my new main now that Wolf is gone.
The new Bowser seems really interesting aswell so he'll maybe become my secondary.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Absolute Main: :4sonic:

Secondary: :4mario: :4lucario: :4greninja:

Tertiary: :4megaman: :4pacman: :4kirby:

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Decisions, decisions. Right now, it's looking like this:

1. King Dedede
2. Wario
3. Pac-Man
4. Donkey Kong
5. Robin/Shulk/Duck Hunt/Roy Koopa

Last edited:

allstargoldeneye

Smash Rookie
I want a demo code :( My wii is broken and Project M and Brawl and all Wii games are out of the question.
But anyway, I'm most excited to use
1. Greninja
2. Megaman
3. Villager
4. Robin
5. Link
Oh and of course try Pac-Man!!

Last edited:

Tyrrexx

Smash Rookie
Super excited to try out Robin, Megaman, and Greninja. If I don't like any of those, I'll just stick with Pit.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
I am extremely excited to try out:4shulk::rosalina:and:4robinm:plan to main them. Also really want to try out :4palutena:and:4zss:.

Last edited:

ThreesTrees

Smash Rookie
I'll be maining :4link: and :4lucario: (he was confirmed right?) with a secondary of :4kirby: and :4samus: ya that sounds nice :)

But I am hyped for :4pacman::4greninja::4shulk::4sheik::4olimar::4lucina: and duck hunt dawg

Also tried Megaman cool character though very sadly not for me... Used to cosplay him so kinda sad

:4megaman: I cry evertime

:4metaknight:Suck it up cupcake

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I know it sounds so cliche to say I wanna try everyone, but I really do. Smash 4's character balance is really amazing so it seems even characters that were not that great in Melee and Brawl now stand a chance.

But the characters I really wanna main are: Link, who I used in Melee, finally actually good now, Mario, Palutena, who I hear is really good, Zero Suit Samus seems intriguing as well.

Last edited:

Brian_Buckley

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrianBuckley
I'm really wanting to try out Shulk. His Monado powers look like they'll have a lot of potential and take a lot of strategy to master. I'm hoping Link is good enough that I can at least use him as a secondary, solely because I want to use the Fierce Deity skin.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I'm pretty much am excited to play every single character this time around EXCEPT Wii fit trainer. I won't touch that slot waste at all

my mains are my favorite characters of course : :4bowser::4greninja::4pacman:, :ganondorf: and bowser Jr.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to try out Bowser Jr. and Megaman for sure.

I'm not sure who I'll main till I play it, though.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Mains: :4samus::4sonic::4pit:

Secondaries: :4link::4mario::4falcon::4fox::4shulk::substitute:

In my predictions, of course, not including clones. Might switch around a bit. Most of the newcomers don't really seem like mainable characters to me yet, but it's likely one of them will become a secondary. I'm especially looking at Palutena.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
Mains: :4sonic: :4lucario: :4zss: :4kirby:

Secondaries: :4pikachu::4link: :4zelda: :ganondorf: :4samus::4charizard:

Hyped newcomers: :4lucina::4palutena::4robinf::4shulk:

Characters I wish would fall into a volcano: Dark Pit

Corvus Stellarum

Smash Rookie
Mains: :rosalina::4link::4marth::4greninja::4robinf:
Secondaries: :4littlemac::4sheik::4wiifit::4zss:

That's the plan for now but there are so many interesting characters! I can't wait until the full game comes out.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Gotta main Ness. Just gotta.
But I'll start the game with Villager, just because he/she looks so fun. I'll try everyone, but I plan on using at least half the roster and switching it up depending on my mood. Olimar's changes have me very excited. Peach, Dedede, Luigi, R.O.B., Wario, Megaman, all three Mii Fighters, the Doctor, DHD, The Captain, Pac Attack, Baby B, and Greninja all look so fun to play.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'll probably go classic with mario but I'll probably end up using doc more because he seems to still have his moves from melee. Then again, Lil mac really caught my eye for ground parts but so did the brawler miis. Pac I am willing to give it a try. So...If I had to decide .. Mario/Doc would be my main, lil mac and mii could be my secondary and I don't know much about Pac's moveset and want to try it before I make the decision (I really should try them all to really decide).

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Since Mewtwo isn't here, I'm stoked to try out Samus, especially with her Light Suit. I was pretty good with her in Melee, but she sucked in Brawl. Hoping for a buff.

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
I'm interested in maining Palutena, Lucina, Rosalina, Robin and Little Mac. I think I'll give most characters a go at some point, just like I did in the demo. And after playing the demo, Villiager, Mega Man and Mario all seem fun enough to main, even though I wasn't really interested in playing them until the demo. So many characters to play, I can't wait to play the full game~

BS_Dang

Smash Rookie
Right now my decided mains are gonna be Ness, Little Mac and Dark PIt, though I want to try out everyone

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Mains: :4shulk::4robinm::4lucina::4mario::4darkpit:

Secondaries: :4greninja::4palutena::4tlink::4zss::4wiifit:

Honorable Mentions: :4myfriends::4kirby::4falcon::4bowser::4megaman:

My two favourite games of all time are Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles so of course Robin, Shulk and Lucina will be part of my mains. Mario has also been a character I've always gravitated to. He's been my main ever since the original Smash Bros game on the N64 and that's not going to change with Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

So I thought Mega Man was going to be another main of mine, and while I do really like playing as him, I've been watching a lot of streams on Twitch, particularly Zero's and he's been playing a lot of Dark Pit. Now, I use to play Pit in Brawl quite a bit but to see Dark Pit be better and cooler than Pit in every way, despite the fact that he's a clone and everything for the most part, made me decide to make him another main of mine. I'm probably the only person who has two clones as his main but who cares :p I play who I want because I like them as characters and I enjoy they're move sets, not because they are top tier or character's with amazing spacing and techniques.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Signature. But in all honesty, I'm excited for every single character in the game. Even the ones that seem to be hated a lot (ex. Dark Pit, Doc, WFT, etc).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since I am a huge fan of Lucina and main Marth in Melee and Brawl, Lucina is the most obvious answer.
However, of the real new characters, Rosalina, Mega Man, Robin, and Bowser Jr. are my priority.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hyped for :4robinf: the most even though she is being rekt by dem bugs.

Other interesting characters I plan to either main or play consistently: :rosalina::4lucina::4palutena::4villager: (female) :4pikachu: + Koopa Jr.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seeing as :rosalina: was my most wanted newcomer, I'm definitely gonna main her a lot. I'm also hyped to play as :4megaman:, :4myfriends: and :4lucina: (I might switch between her and :4robinm:/:4robinf: since they're both from the same Fire Emblem game). ;)

Top Bottom