• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you main? Or hyped to try out atleast?

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I got my hands on the NA demo and geeeeezzzz THIS GAME IS AMAZING!
And even though my main, sonic, wasn't in the demo I was able to pick up Pikachu! Who plays pretty well! Really loving his moveset! And he's like super cute! (I named him Goggles~)

Anyways what are my most hyped characters? Well I drew them in a picture!
Here! (Did sonic a bit sloppy. :c)

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Primary: :4pikachu::4charizard:(Jigglypuff):4lucario::4greninja:

Secondary: :4kirby::4yoshi::4sonic::4pacman:(Duck Hunt)

Honorable Mentions: :4zss::4mario::4palutena::4link::4zelda:

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Super hyped to try out my potential main, Shulk. My secondary might be Robin. And I really wanna try mii sword fighter

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
From demo, Villager was the most fun to play(even that Mega Man). But I will try all the characters(mainly Kirby and Falcon, my 64 mains) before

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
and :4palutena: for the newbies
:4pit: and:4pikachu: for the oldies

My main would be one of them i'd think unless another character surprises me and I feel towards them.

Last edited:

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Currently I'm hyped for literally every character other than megaman. I will probably cross a couple off the list as I play it more but it will still be a much larger list than most people.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Primary:

:4shulk:,:4robinf:,:4palutena:,:4villager: Dark Pit, Bowser Jr. (no one made icons for them yet :|)

Secondary:
:4greninja:,:4lucina:,:4littlemac:,:rosalina:,:4zss:, Duck Hunt Dog,:4mario:,:4pit:

Others:
everyone else

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Going to be trying out my boy Olimar first since he was my Brawl/PM main. Link in the demo was nice since he was my pocket low tier.
Looking like:

Main - Olimar, Falco, DHD, Link
Looking to try - Little Mac, Shulk, Bowser, DK

Anything else is a happy accident.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
Have no idea who I'm going to main, and honestly how can anyone? Unless you yourself have physically held the game and played as them, you cannot determain a main. So far villager is my favorite as I suspected, but I really really like the changes made to pikachu. But If I had to list who I'm excited for...

Played already: :4mario::4megaman::4link::4pikachu::4villager:
Maining: :4villager::gw::jigglypuff:
Excited to try out and potentially main: :4kirby::4pacman::4robinm::4wiifit:and bowser Jr.

Last edited:

Flindigo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0735-7198
:4littlemac:Little Mac is who I'm definitely banking on. Hopefully I can beat all the Shulk and Robin noobs that all the basic ******* are planning to main. Other than that, Doc and ROB.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I'll probably have 2 characters I main, one will DEFINITELY be jigglypuff. so far the second is looking like robin, but I'm pretty interested in Jr. as well.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
:ike:and:fox: are my mains

I can see it now, all the newbies coming at me with guys like :4shulk: , :4littlemac: and :4villager:. How sad they will be when

I crush them.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
The people I wanna play as the most (without having played the demo or any iteration of the game yet, just from knowledge and viewing streams) are:

:4myfriends::4falcon::4villager::4littlemac::4luigi:

Ike was my favorite in brawl, so I'm excited to play as him again. Captain falcon was someone ive used since the beginning of smash bros, and I can't wait to play as him again. Villager and little mac are the two newcomers I think will suit me the best, and I'll have the most fun with. Finally, Luigi was always an odd one I chose, but I enjoyed playing as, so again I think I shall bring him back.

As for people I wont be playing as, almost at all, I think :4olimar: because he's very technical and difficult same goes for :4robinm: it looks like. Maybe at some point, but yeah those are two I'm not so sure on. I used to play as olimar in brawl, but I always got rekt.

TheFawz

Smash Rookie
Primary: :4myfriends:

Secondary: :gw: and :wario:

It remains to be seen if any of the new characters end up having my style of gameplay, but I'll at least be giving them all a serious try.

Last edited:

Treece

Smash Cadet
My main was Zelda and am looking forward to trying her out again.
Palutina and Rosalina looks quite promising.
Robin looks so fun with his/her ranged and melee options
I will have another go at Pit and Olimar
I will be 'downgrading' to main Lucina. I love her so much.
I most definitely won't be playing anyone from the demo roster for a while. I think I had my fill and feel of them for a LONG time.
I will try everyone and if any clicks with me, it's a bonus :D

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
My mains will be :rosalina::4wiifit::4palutena::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4kirby::4link::4mii::4zss::4sheik:,:4fox::4robinf::4tlink::4pikachu:,Mr.Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, Dr.Mario and Ness

I'm still surprised how big the roster is this time it's no surprise my main list would be bigger then my Brawl mains (I mained 14 characters) with the demo I'm training myself to get used to Mario, MegaMan, Link, Villager & Pikachu which all feel great especially Link (dat Dash Attack yo!) I'm eager to try all the new females especially Rosalina and Palutena

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
My mains will be :rosalina::4wiifit::4palutena::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4kirby::4link::4mii::4zss::4sheik:,:4fox::4robinf::4tlink::4pikachu:,Mr.Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, Dr.Mario and Ness

I'm still surprised how big the roster is this time it's no surprise my main list would be bigger then my Brawl mains (I mained 14 characters) with the demo I'm training myself to get used to Mario, MegaMan, Link, Villager & Pikachu which all feel great especially Link (dat Dash Attack yo!) I'm eager to try all the new females especially Rosalina and Palutena
That's a lot of mains. 23 Mains? Dear god. I'm assuming the rest of the roster is your secondaries?

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
No limits on mains to me besides their all characters I'm mostly going to play in matches especially Rosalina, Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer
I came off as a bit rude sorry. XD I was just surprised by that amount. I would like to play as everyone at least once. So I understand you.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I came off as a bit rude sorry. XD I was just surprised by that amount. I would like to play as everyone at least once. So I understand you.
It's all good don't worry I didn't think it was rude a lot of friends are surprised by how mains I got ether be 10 or 15 one half being male and other female XD plus in a way it helps get into that character so I can able to master him or her so I won't choke in a online match or tournament

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
It's all good don't worry I didn't think it was rude a lot of friends are surprised by how mains I got ether be 10 or 15 one half being male and other female XD plus in a way it helps get into that character so I can able to master him or her so I won't choke in a online match or tournament
I'm interested in beating the campaign with at least everyone once. That way, I can also learn there play-styles in the process of unlocking all the characters.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I'm interested in beating the campaign with at least everyone once. That way, I can also learn there play-styles in the process of unlocking all the characters.
I know that feel I'm going unlock most of the roster by Classic because 120 matches is a bit too easy heck you can get that many matches if their a minute or one stock with the damage ratio up high

Azaris

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1848-1701-2271
I always main kirby but as far as newcomers I plan on maining villager or Lucina.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
:ness::ness64::nessmelee::ness2:
And if he ends up sucking like in every other Smash game then maybe I'll go with Mac or Olimar. Who knows. I'll play who feels good to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Meta Knight, Samus, Captain Falcon, Ike and Jigglypuff. I hope Ike is better than he looks, but aside from that everyone else seems to be fairly good, which is a huge relief since 3 out of 5 of these sucked in Brawl while 1 was hugely overpowered. I'm pretty excited to try Greninja and Lucina too, but they're more likely to be alts.

Last edited:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
For a long long time I've had my eyes on these two: :4palutena: :4zss:
Now that the game is out and I've seen the duckhunt dog in action, he is just being too adorable not to try out! And hey if I like him enough, he might even join the main group

infersaime

Smash Rookie
I got my eyes on Dark Pit, Pit and Greninja. But also Toon Link, Sonic and Lucario as I liked them the most in Brawl.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
My Mains will always be::4pit::4kirby::4marth:
But add to my Main list are::4shulk::4robinm::4villager::4greninja:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Top 10 would be:

Shulk
Robin
Wii Fit Trainer
Pac Man
Greninja
Duck Hunt Dog
Fox
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Megaman didn't make the list because I have the demo and got to try him already :3

But as always I'll be maining the random box and try to learn every characters strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom