• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you main? Everyone, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh yeesh, if we're counting veterans and the remaining Gematsu newcomers then
Definite main(mains if snake is back)::wario::snake:
Will use a lot::4littlemac::4dk::4choruskids::falcon:

Really don't know how I'd rank the rest lol. But here are characters I definitely like to use (and would like to use):
:4diddy::4wiifit::4megaman::4greninja::4bowser::falco::4sonic::4olimar::jigglypuff::4mario::4dedede:

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
S::rosalina::4charizard::4bowser::4luigi::4marth::4zss::4pikachu:
A::4megaman::4greninja::4pacman::4littlemac::4peach::4kirby::4myfriends::4pit::4mario:
B::4diddy::4olimar::4sonic::4fox::4sheik::4dedede::4dk:
C::4samus::4link::4wiifit::4villager::4zelda::4palutena::4mii:

S represents absolute favourites thus far. A represents characters I would likely also play semi-regularly and enjoy using. B represents characters I might choose rarely but don't massively enjoy using. C represents characters who will likely never be used outside of single player modes for completion. Subject to massive change; I never expected to like Ice Climbers but found that I actually enjoyed them the most in Brawl.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh guess I'll join in. from all the characters who have been confirmed so far.

Top mains: :4villager::4tlink:
Characters I will use regularly: :4diddy::4mario::4marth::4palutena::4pit::rosalina::4peach:
Characters I might occasionally choose::4charizard::4greninja::4kirby::4megaman::4olimar::4pikachu::4zss:
Characters just randomly I guess::4bowser::4dedede::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mii::4pacman::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda:

Though this might change depending on everyone's final playstyles and when more characters are confirmed.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
In no particular order.
Mains: (Chrom) :metaknight::gw::wolf::rob:

Secondaries: :4myfriends::4marth::4palutena::4kirby::4luigi::4mii:(Chorus Kids) (Shulk)

Ocassionals::4bowser::4dk::4greninja::4littlemac::4mario::4megaman::4pacman::rosalina::4zss::falcon::4sheik:

Rare: :4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4fox::4link::4pit::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::ganondorf::falco::jigglypuff::ness2:

Never Forever: :4lucario::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4samus::4sonic::4yoshi::4zelda::popo::wario:

Subject to change hard after release.

Morbi

Scavenger
Apparently you're also assuming Olimar is cut for whatever reason. (And that there'll be 2 Marios)
Ah, he is supposed to be the second Mario. I must have forgotten to change it because I was moving things around (I had Mario at C-Tier, but I decided to bump him up thanks to move-set customization. His new DP and spacing Fire Ball have me interested). I forgot to change the emoticon though. Haha.

7Blue

Smash Rookie
I like this thread.

S - For Glory: :4lucario:
A - For Friends: :4myfriends: :4marth: :4luigi: :4pit: :4littlemac: :4greninja: :4palutena:
B - For Fun: :4kirby: :4robinm: :4mario: :4charizard: :4lucina: :rosalina: :4olimar: :4villager:

C - Everyone Else

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Well this is interesting. I'll jump the boat too, listed in tiers; listed by series within the tiers. I'll put uncomfirmed vets in brackets, even if they're unlikely to return.

S - Will main, no matter what: :4yoshi:
A - Very likely secondary mains: :4mario::4link::4zss::4marth::4lucina::4robinm:/:4robinf::4megaman: (:younglinkmelee::lucas:)
B - Will use pretty often: :4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4zelda::4greninja::4kirby::4falcon::4myfriends::4villager::4sonic::4pacman: (:drmario::ganondorf::squirtle::ness2::roymelee:)
C - Will occasionally play as: :4bowser::4sheik::4tlink::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4samus::4dedede::4pit::4palutena::4wiifit: (:warioc::jigglypuff::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::pt::ivysaur:)
D - Will very rarely play as: :4fox::4littlemac:(:metaknight::falco::wolf:)
E - Will never choose to play as: :4dk::4diddy::4olimar:(:wario::popo::gw::rob::snake:)

Explanation:
S-tier: Yoshi is my all-time favourite character EVER, so I will main him, no matter how bad he'll turn out to be; even if he'll be worse than Brawl Ganondorf (which I really hope for him not to happen, Yoshi gets enough crap as it is). Yoshi has been, is still, and will forever be my main character in every game he's playable in.
A-tier: These are other characters I really like and want to take my time into learning, or those that I have found to be really comfortable with in previous installments. I kinda wish I could place a Pokémon character in here, but each of them played a tad too awkwardly for me to really be A-tier material for me. I hope that will change in this game.
B/C-tier: Largely the same reasoning as A-tier, but I either like these characters a little less, have not had that good experience with in previous installments, or just don't expect to be as good with.
D-tier: These are characters I never really enjoyed playing very much, or don't expect to enjoy playing very much. Little Mac is easily my least favourite newcomer.
E-tier: Honestly, all these characters I simply did not enjoy very much at all in previous installments. Either because I simply don't like the character very much, or because I just don't like the way they play. I'm a really big Mario fan, but I was never really very fond of the Donkey Kong characters themselves, and Diddy just has a very unenjoyable playstyle. I really prefer Wario's classic outfit, so that's why his WarioWare outfit is here. As for Snake.. yeah, my signature should be enough explanation.

About :4mii:, I have not yet decided where I'll place them. I'm very uncertain at this point how I feel about them and how I think they'll feel when playing them. I'll definitely give them a shot, but it's very hard for me to point out where I'll place them. Aside from S-tier, which is specifically reserved for Yoshi and Yoshi alone, they can be placed anywhere at this point in time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Changing my list a little bit. (also, these ARE in specific order.)
I list the "Tiers" by how much I would use them.
Confirmed Characters

SS: :4kirby::4olimar::4villager:
S: :4pikachu::4yoshi::4diddy::4pit:
A: :4greninja::4megaman::4robinf::4littlemac::4luigi::4lucario::4tlink::4mii:G
B: :4samus::4fox::4mario::4link::4falcon::4lucina::4charizard::4mii:S
C: :4pacman::4bowser::4myfriends::4wiifit::4mii:B
D: :4sheik::4sonic::4dedede::4dk::4marth:
E: :4peach::4zelda::4zss:
F: :rosalina::4palutena::substitute:

Veterans (If they don't change much from Brawl/Melee Form)
S:
:gw::lucas::popo::roypm::drmario::pichumelee::squirtle:
A: :metaknight::rob::jigglypuff::ivysaur:
B: :ness2::warioc::younglinkmelee:
C: :falco::wolf:
D: Nobody :I
E: :mewtwopm::ganondorf:
F: :snake::pt:

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Probably main samus and fox. Also lucario. Got to wait till full roaster will reveal so I can fully decide but I mostly play character that I like personally.

D

Deleted member

Main Tier:4greninja::4olimar::4tlink::4pit::4shulk: (sorry, I had to)
Use Often, but not necessarily mains for whatever reason::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4littlemac::4dedede::4pacman::4mii::4charizard:
Use mostly in non-serious matches:4diddy::4kirby::4luigi::4megaman::4villager::4yoshi::4lucario::4mario::4zss::4sheik::4dk::4palutena:
Used sparingly::4bowser::4wiifit::4marth::4pikachu::4falcon::rosalina::4zelda::4samus::4link:
Basically never use: :4peach::4fox::4sonic:
I have the feeling I forgot someone... Either way, my thoughts will probably change when the game comes out, with the exception of the bottom and top rows.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Man, sitting down and trying to organize each character can actually be kinda tough, but I did it. I'm going to save myself from further headache and just do confirmed characters. In descending order;

"Shut up and take my money!" - :4palutena:,:4luigi:,:4greninja:,:4pit:,:4littlemac:,:4zelda:,:4robinm:/:4robinf:,:4marth:,:4peach:
"Do want!" - :4link:,:rosalina:,:4bowser:,:4charizard:,:4falcon:,:4sonic:,:4villager:,:4zss:
"S'alright, I guess..." - :4mario:,:4diddy:,:4tlink:,:4wiifit:,:4lucario:,:4sheik:,:4kirby:,:4olimar:,:4fox:,:4dedede:,:4megaman:,:4pikachu:,:4pacman:,:4dk:,:4samus:,:4yoshi:
"Kill it with fire!" - :4myfriends:,:4lucina:,:4mii:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hmm. Well, take this with a grain of salt of course.

S: :4link::4villager::4robinf::4pikachu:
A::4luigi::4fox::4kirby::4greninja:
B: :4lucina::4marth::4myfriends::4diddy:
C::4sheik::rosalina::4yoshi::4zelda:
D::4palutena::4bowser::4falcon::4dk::4mario::4megaman::4mii::4wiifit::4charizard:
E::4littlemac::4lucario::4dedede::4pacman::4sonic:
F::4olimar::4peach::4tlink:

Nice game! I'm looking forward to adding more characters into this list

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'll redo with my more recent opinions and new characters.

My boy::4charizard:
My dear brothers::4robinm::4littlemac::4yoshi::4olimar:
My good friends::4falcon::4pikachu::4diddy::4myfriends::4luigi:
TSW Seal of Approval::4sheik::4link::4marth::4lucina::4dk::4greninja::4bowser::4fox::4mario::4samus::4dedede:
Sorta Meh::4kirby::4zss::4villager::rosalina::4pit::4palutena::4lucario::4megaman::4wiifit::4peach::4zelda:
Leave. Now.::4mii::4tlink::4sonic::4pacman:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mains::4luigi::4luigi::4luigi::rosalina::4mario::4greninja::4megaman::4mii:
Secondaries::4wiifit::4peach::4dedede::4mii::4pacman:
Sometimes::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4marth::4lucina::4diddy::4palutena::4mii:
Everybody else.

Now, Miis are in every category because it depends not only on the type, but the movesets themselves. It's my way of saying I have no idea.

Adio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4468-1123-9238
Mains: :4luigi::4littlemac::4robinm: :gw:(kind of confirmed)
Secondaries: :4pacman::4megaman::4marth::4tlink::falcon::4olimar::4pit:
Maybe: :4sonic::4greninja::4villager::4kirby::rosalina::4lucina::4sheik::4yoshi::4myfriends:
Probably not: :4mario::4wiifit::4zss::diddy::4fox::4pikachu::4bowser::4peach::4link::4mii:
Not happening: :4charizard::4zelda::4dk::4dedede::4lucario::4samus::4palutena:

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Is it confirmed characters only? I'm going to assume confirmed characters only. Now I often use random when playing, so I usually go about playing as all the characters, but there are a few I end up selecting personally or using frequently for stuff like event matches, classic and such. Now not all of the ones I've used in Brawl have returned but I'll list my planned mains of the confirmed characters so far.

Planned Mains: :4kirby::4dedede::4littlemac:

May Main/Hope to get better with: :4wiifit::4robinm::4robinf::4lucario::4luigi:

Will Use When I Feel Like It or Through Random: :4bowser::4falcon::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi::4zss:

Will Try Out Occasionally But Probably Only Use Through Random: :4zelda::4charizard::rosalina::4mii:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
So much bottom tier Charizard.....I feel so alone......
Sorry about that. My reasoning for Charizard's low placing, despite him being my favourite of the Pokémon Trainer Pokémon to use, is due to the lack of the others. For one, I personally don't think Charizard should have returned on his own (no offence) and secondly I rather enjoyed the unique aspect of switching Pokémon and adapting to each one. That mechanic-based excitement is going to be lacking when I'm playing just Charizard on his own.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Sorry about that. My reasoning for Charizard's low placing, despite him being my favourite of the Pokémon Trainer Pokémon to use, is due to the lack of the others. For one, I personally don't think Charizard should have returned on his own (no offence) and secondly I rather enjoyed the unique aspect of switching Pokémon and adapting to each one. That mechanic-based excitement is going to be lacking when I'm playing just Charizard on his own.
Oh, no offense taken. I wouldn't have made this thread if I was just gonna sit here and be offended at people because they're different. :) I get plenty of Charizard love in the Main Social / Optimistic Charizard threads anyway.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So...
The main of all mains: :4zelda:
Mains: :4palutena::ganondorf:(Medusa :awesome:)
I like those guys: :4link::4sheik::4villager::rosalina::4robinf::4pit::4sonic::warioc:
Will play sometimes: :4greninja::4peach::4tlink::4mii::4wiifit::4lucina::4bowser::4zss:
I don't really care: :4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4fox::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4olimar::4pikachu::4samus::4yoshi:
Do not want: :4diddy::4pacman::4lucario::falco:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
SS : :4peach:
S : :4zelda: :jigglypuff::4kirby::4marth::4zss:
A : :4bowser::4samus::4wiifit::4lucina::popo::gw::ness2::4megaman::mewtwopm:
B : :4mario::4yoshi::4charizard::4robinm::4pacman::warioc::4sheik::ivysaur:
C : :4fox::4luigi::4olimar::4diddy::4mii: (Gunner):4falcon::4tlink::4sonic::4pikachu:
D : :4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4dk::4dedede::rosalina::4greninja::wolf::metaknight::squirtle:
E : :4palutena::4villager::4pit::falco::lucas::snake::ganondorf::roypm::rob:
Z : :4lucario:

Since you can only have one main, Peach is above everyone else.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
From A to E, left to right.

A: :4peach::4megaman::4villager:
B::4yoshi::4zelda::4tlink::rosalina::4mii::4sheik::4wiifit:
C::4samus::4dk::4link: :4kirby::4diddy::4lucina::4bowser::4zss:
D::4palutena::4pikachu: :4robinf::4marth::4sonic::4pit::4luigi::4mario::4fox::4littlemac:
E: :4myfriends::4charizard::4dedede::4falcon::4greninja::4lucario::4pacman:

A = Definite mains, Peach being at the very top. I am forever dedicated to Peach unless my ideal newcomer shows up.
B = Sub mains and characters I really enjoy/am interested in playing as. Characters I'll probably use when not using my mains.
C = Filler characters that I'll use alongside B tier if I'm playing a lot of multiplayer matches and want variety. Characters I really like and have fun with but just not to the same extent as B.
D = Characters I'll probably use every once in a while to shake things up, but otherwise don't have that much interest.
E = Not interested.

That was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom