• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be your "Punching bag"?

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Ioon Link, of course. If he's cell shaded, I'll slice the shade of his cells, and if not, I'll do it anyway. I'll try Marth's and Pit's attacks on the little wannabe-Young Link.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Ioon Link, of course. If he's cell shaded, I'll slice the shade of his cells, and if not, I'll do it anyway. I'll try Marth's and Pit's attacks on the little wannabe-Young Link.
Ah, of course! I change my pick. I loved to beat up Young Link too. I'll never have kids D=

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think I'll stick with tradition and make Pikachu and Jigglypuff my punching bags, once again... I have never really felt any kind of special attachment to them as characters, they just seem to like random creatures that everyone has a gazillion of. I really feel like I can be as cruel as I want to them, without any of the guilt that would come from just endlessly thrashing any of the more awesome Nintendo characters who actually have some sort of charm and personality to them.
(I also don't really like them in the TV series, so maybe I'm just venting)

It's a shame Pichu isn't in Brawl though, since he was always one I liked to beat up. Mind you, I always figured he was the most useless addition out of any of them so maybe this is just for the best.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I would love it to be Link, because almost every human rival I had in Melee was a Link player. But I always enjoyed pounding on Pikachu. As a Mario main I always enjoyed grabbing him by his stubby mouse legs and spin-tossing him. If I find a new main in Brawl it might depend on the best matchup.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
"****ing ******"

I guess some kids manage to get emotional over stupid little things on the internet.
Apparently so because you've been told millions of times why ROB deserves praise. No one is getting emotional, you just need to stop being a pure ***got.

But I'll say it again, ROB DID, yes DID save the gaming industry. The gaming industry went down into a crash in the early eighties and retailers across the whole USA basically wanted to get rid or prevent any gaming system possible to be sold so they don't bomb again. However, with the release with the NES, NoA knew clearly that retailers won't sell their product. So they used to whole ROB gimmick that came with the NES in the States and made it more like a toy rather than a gaming system, which pretty much got retailers to sell the system because robotic toys and scifi things were basically all the rage back in the 80's (meaning that ROB would sell).

And guess what? He did, he sold very well as people bought NESes just to play with ROB, which lead to the popularity of many many NES games in the States.

So without ROB or the existence of ROB, Nintendo wouldn't be big at all period, nor would many games exist today (a lot of Nintendo games were made because of the popularity of the series in the Western world, like Zelda II). It's just a simple fact that any normal person would know. Denying it just makes you a **** who doesn't know what he's talking about.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Apparently so because you've been told millions of times why ROB deserves praise. No one is getting emotional, you just need to stop being a pure ***got.

But I'll say it again, ROB DID, yes DID save the gaming industry. The gaming industry went down into a crash in the early eighties and retailers across the whole USA basically wanted to get rid or prevent any gaming system possible to be sold so they don't bomb again. However, with the release with the NES, NoA knew clearly that retailers won't sell their product. So they used to whole ROB gimmick that came with the NES in the States and made it more like a toy rather than a gaming system, which pretty much got retailers to sell the system because robotic toys and scifi things were basically all the rage back in the 80's (meaning that ROB would sell).

And guess what? He did, he sold very well as people bought NESes just to play with ROB, which lead to the popularity of many many NES games in the States.

So without ROB or the existence of ROB, Nintendo wouldn't be big at all period, nor would many games exist today (a lot of Nintendo games were made because of the popularity of the series in the Western world, like Zelda II). It's just a simple fact that any normal person would know. Denying it just makes you a **** who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Wow, you serious? I thought ROB was just a separate toy.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl

He did save the gaming industry but even if he didn't, nintendo wouldn't have given up that easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Olimar and Toon Link, because they are both ******** characters that shouldn't be in.
Right, because thyve had fewer games and are less important than Pit amirite?

Dont talk about Olimar in such a way. This makes we Pikmen very..very..angry.

And My WW fan heart was just broken. :(

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about?:confused:

It's a pun from a line in ''Silence of the Lambs''. Also references from Jigglypufs appearences on the anime. Where she would draw upon the face of anyone who sleep during her song. Ignore my spelling... I'm too lazy to change it...

Kid's do know nothin' these days.... Too busy eatin' cookies no doubt...

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Peach. I'm going to punch stomp her into the ground with my ganon boots.
I mained peach in melee. Now i'm against her. Rebellion is fun. <_<

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl

It's a pun from a line in ''Silence of the Lambs''. Also references from Jigglypufs appearences on the anime. Where she would draw upon the face of anyone who sleep during her song. Ignore my spelling... I'm too lazy to change it...

that was amazing...

XACE-K

Smash Master

I forgot about that but I still don't like Jigglypuff.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
ooh so this is all about revenge, then.

Well first I would use Kirby as my Punching Bag because he is my main and it will be good for him, then I would use R.O.B because he is an accesory and those were made to hit, later I would go on Lucas and Luigi becuase both of them are cowards, speaking of cowards, I would use P.Trainer's Pokemons (that count every pokemon on the game) as punching bags becuase he is to much of a girl to figh for himslef, then I would use K.Dedede becuase is a DEEDEEDEE.

After that I will be use Toon Link becuase he is just to much cartoonist, then I will go on Falco becuase even that he hates landmaster he use one as final smash, then I will go on Fox becuase he was way to broken, but Wolf "wont let me do that" so I will use him instead, then I will use Pit becuause his voice is so annoying, then comes C.Falcon because he let Sonic to steal the limelight of the fastest character, mmm then I would use Sonic as my punching bag for the aforementioned reason.

Metaknight too because he thinks is to cool to have is own Victory Theme music. Then I will train with Link and Yoshi as punching bags becuase Yoshi ate Link's fairy and Link was careless. Then C.Olimar becuase he uses Pikmins to attack others and they get killed.

When the Showtime comes I will use Snake as punching bag, and Ike because he is blue-haired like marth and that's unoriginal (I will use Marth for that too). Then comes Ness because he made me worry about him and then he just comes without any gratitude. After that I will be practicing with Ganon and Bowser because both of the are always being beating by the smae guys and I will use Mario as well becuase he look for currency in the sewers.

Sheik and Zelda also deserve to be punished as well (obvious reasons) Diddy Kong because he is just to imperactive, Zero Suit Samus becuase she "tool her clothes off" then its Peach's turns because she is always letting herself to be captured. Samus is also on the list because for an unknow reason she is always loosing her power-ups. Then the Ice Clibers becuase 2 on 1 fights are unfair.

and Last and Least comes DK becuase he doenst know how to rap.
**** I forgot Wario!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
King Dedede and Toon Link for me. Dedede more than TL though. I hurt Dedede becuase I don't like him. Toon Link because he should have different moves not the same ole Bombs, Arrows, Boomerang,spin attack combo.

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
Sonic, because I hate Sonic. Lol, I knew something good would happen if they added him: the ability to kill him myself:)

SolidSonic, I had a well thought-out rebuttal to your post.

However, I lost my connection to the Internet, had to restart my computer, and lost it.

Basically, I called you dumb, and told you to stop talking before you look bad(der).

People didn't buy Mario because of who made it, they bought it because of Mario. The stores didn't stock the NES because of Mario or Miyamoto, they stocked it because of ROB. If the creator of ROB made something completely different and "un-toy-like", it wouldn't have the same effect. You seem to not get the basic logic of business sense, kiddy.

Top Bottom