• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't like taking part in these character debates on the internet, but you can expect:

1. Older characters to be replaced with newer characters in the same series. Some examples might be Olimar being replaced with the main characters from pikmin 3, ike being replaced with chrom, or lucario being replaced with "mewthree"

2. one capcom character

3. one or two namco characters

4. one or two new "classic revival" characters, likely replacing a few older ones so that there aren't 6 NES-only characters in the same game or something. My guess: balloon fighter replacing ice climbers.

5. the removal of a few of smash's "sacred cow" characters, i.e., characters that have been in the series for a while but haven't had a game in years. this probably excludes smash 64 characters, but sheik could probably go, for example.

6. the removal of a few "period piece" characters from series or games that were popular at the time of brawl's release. Notably; Toon Link, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer (who were likely there to promote pokemon gen 3? or something). This is perhaps the least "sure" point here... Toon Link for example will obviously be in the remake of Wind Waker coming up.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't like taking part in these character debates on the internet, but you can expect:

1. Older characters to be replaced with newer characters in the same series. Some examples might be Olimar being replaced with the main characters from pikmin 3, ike being replaced with chrom, or lucario being replaced with "mewthree"

2. one capcom character

3. one or two namco characters

4. one or two new "classic revival" characters, likely replacing a few older ones so that there aren't 6 NES-only characters in the same game or something. My guess: balloon fighter replacing ice climbers.

5. the removal of a few of smash's "sacred cow" characters, i.e., characters that have been in the series for a while but haven't had a game in years. this probably excludes smash 64 characters, but sheik could probably go, for example.

6. the removal of a few "period piece" characters from series or games that were popular at the time of brawl's release. Notably; Toon Link, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer (who were likely there to promote pokemon gen 3? or something). This is perhaps the least "sure" point here... Toon Link for example will obviously be in the remake of Wind Waker coming up.
I see PT coming back but mb with new pokemon

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
My guesses:

-Ridley
-Chrom/Awakening's rep (if not Chrom) for sure; FE:A is huge and that will generate a lot of hype
-Waluigi
-Little Mac (they may want to appeal to western audiences since it's E3)
-Big third-party announcement to rival Snake (Bayonetta? Megaman? Tales character?)

For the third party, I think Megaman would be their best possible choice. Megaman fans are dying to see him in something after his ridiculous snub from MvC3, he fits very well with Smash's overall theme, and he would certainly generate hype near or equivalent to that of Snake's.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If Capcom actually faithfully announces Mega Man at the trailer, there is going to be a lot of restored faith in them. The triumphant return of Mega Man in SSB4.

Just saying, if each trailer follows the sequence of how Brawl's was, would you think that would become predictable and boring after a while? Just hope the trailer blows us our expectations out of the water.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
- Chrom
- Pac-Man
- Ghirahim
- Bowser Jr.
- Little Mac
- Mewtwo Returns, either regular Mewtwo or new form mewtwo
- Capcom Rep, Original Mega Man or Mega Man X is who I hope for

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Brawl was the start of a great revival in Sonic. Smash 4 could do the same for Megaman.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Exactly what time does the conference actually start? I plan to set every alarm in my house to watch it.

And i'm all for a Mega Man revival. The series could use a second wind.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
I think the new mewtwo form(s) would be a great way to return the character to the roster and add a Gen. 6 rep. all in one. I don't think he'll appear in the first footage of the game assuming we get some at E3. I don't think GameFreak will want Smash to steal X and Y's thunder so soon.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I think the new mewtwo form(s) would be a great way to return the character to the roster and add a Gen. 6 rep. all in one. I don't think he'll appear in the first footage of the game assuming we get some at E3. I don't think GameFreak will want Smash to steal X and Y's thunder so soon.
I think Gamefreak would be stupid NOT let SSB promote new Pokemon, but at the same time i get what you're saying

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
- Chrom
- Pac-Man
- Ghirahim
- Bowser Jr.
- Little Mac
- Mewtwo Returns, either regular Mewtwo or new form mewtwo
- Capcom Rep, Original Mega Man or Mega Man X is who I hope for
Let it go on record that these are my predictions as well. Just toss Ridley in there, too.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
I think the we'll see a Namco Bandai rep (like how we first saw Snake) and one Nintendo newcomer (think Wario). Specifically who those new characters will be I can't guess.

D

Deleted member

Brawl was the start of a great revival in Sonic. Smash 4 could do the same for Megaman.
Unless in the off-chance that Capcom deems Mega Man as unprofitable regardless of circumstance or rejects Mega Man (if Sakurai goes after him), I think the series will revive with or without a Smash appearance; although a playable appearance would make the hiatus shorter (and I would be squealing with joy at Mega Man being in SSB4).

Another thing that would hype people about Mega Man is that Classic Mega Man would finally receive an official 3D design, which I've been wanting for a very long time. I definitely plan on using the 3D Mega Man design for my avatar should he get in.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think the we'll see a Namco Bandai rep (like how we first saw Snake) and one Nintendo newcomer (think Wario). Specifically who those new characters will be I can't guess.
Only one Nintendo newcomer? That seems a bit conservative of an estimate. Brawl's reveal trailer gave us 4-5, didn't it?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I'd love to see Classic Mega Man or Mega Man X (maybe an alt?), Little Mac, King K. Rool, and Ridley. And for the heck of it, Toad, LOL.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I can see Little Mac, Takamaru, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Chrom being initially revealed. Sure we may get a surprise (think ZSS) and I'm sure they will have a 3rd party rep. Mega Man would capitalize on all the hype and signal to many gamers the hopeful return of the Blue Bomber. :D

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I can see Little Mac, Takamaru, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Chrom being initially revealed. Sure we may get a surprise (think ZSS) and I'm sure they will have a 3rd party rep. Mega Man would capitalize on all the hype and signal to many gamers the hopeful return of the Blue Bomber. :D

This is a pretty fair bet all-round. One retro character a la Pit, some fan favorites and a highly anticipated third party would do nicely.

D

Deleted member

Why would Chrom would be in the initial trailer reveal? He's not a terrible choice for a character, but we can do much better for reveal characters.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Why would Chrom would be in the initial trailer reveal? He's not a terrible choice for a character, but we can do much better for reveal characters.

Awakening is really popular right now. I don't think he's a guarantee for the initial reveal, provided he is in, but Chrom is certainly a safe bet for a potential trailer character.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
This is how I think newcomers will be represented in the trailer:

• Retro character from the NES era.
  • Character from the Mario series or from one of its sub-series.
  • Alternative form of another character (whether of a veteran or of a newcomer)
  • Character axed in Melee
  • Third-Party character

I wouldn't dare to say any specific character name, but I believe this is the most likely scheme to be used in the upcoming trailer.

D

Deleted member

Awakening is really popular right now. I don't think he's a guarantee for the initial reveal, provided he is in, but Chrom is certainly a safe bet for a potential trailer character.
It's debatable whenever or not Chrom is even going to get in Smash. Even if he does, there are plenty of other newcomers that would bring more hype to the game than Chrom would.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It's debatable whenever or not Chrom is even going to get in Smash. Even if he does, there are plenty of other newcomers that would bring more hype to the game than Chrom would.
like megaman and ridley! oh, and K. Rool! don't forget about Little mac and Takamaru as well!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, so dumping in here right before the Nintendo Direct day because I remembered I hadn't posted my predictions:

Palutena
(Retro character)
Ridley/K. Rool
Mega Man

I don't think we'll get a 5 Newcomers reveal again, considering Sakurai's comments about reaching the roster limit. At minimum I'm gonna guess we'll see 3 characters, 4 at maximum is my guess, 5 if we're lucky, though that'd probably leave the dojo reveals pretty naked.

Palutena would make a nice female addition, and her godhood (aka flashy lights) would make for a great trailer show-off.

The Retro character spot is in brackets because I'm unsure if we'll even see 4 characters. Anyways, this spans anything from Takamaru to Balloon Fighter (though unlikely.) Just doesn't seem right to not have this spot when Pit's revival was met with such a warm welcome.

Ridley and K. Rool are fighting against each other for their spot, villain vs villain. I will say that while Ridley would probably make for a better cinematic presentation, K. Rool has the edge in popularity, because while Ridley is popular in the west, K. Rool is popular in both the West and in Japan. Their chances are pretty even as to who will appear I believe, if neither appears I'll be very surprised.

Mega Man is obvious. If Sonic had been decided to appear in Brawl by the time the trailer was released no doubt that he'd be in there. Mega Man is this game's Sonic, and with Capcom openly stating that they'd like one of their characters in Smash Bros, and Sakurai commenting that a Capcom character is a possibility, this seems like a given to me. Mega Man would cause so much hype, and who knows what Capcom has planned for the Blue Bomber and their own presentations? I foresee a great future for Mega Man right now, he can't be ignored any longer.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I would love if in the trailer Ridley and King K Rool would be shown as forming some kind of alliance. Regardless I would be happy with either one of them getting shown

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
My prediction for the newcomers that will be revealed in the Sm4sh trailer tomorrow:
- Newtwo (Mewtwo's new form)
- Palutena
- King K. Rool
- Lloyd Irving
- Mega Man

I really can't wait for the trailer tomorrow!

D

Deleted member

Anyway, re-posting my predictions for one last time:
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Little Mac
- Mega Man

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Since the Direct's in the morning, here's my highly educated guesses.

-Bowser Jr
-Ridley
-King K Rool
-Little Mac
-Chrom
-3rd party/surprise character

My body's ready for the trailer. I can't wait!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Honestly, I'm not really expecting a new third party character to be revealed right away, if there is one. I was never a fan of 3rd parties, anyways. Realistically, I'm going to say we'll see Ridley/King K. Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, and a surprise character, if that many newcomers are even shown. I like to hold my expectations from average to low so that when it's better, I'm pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom