• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who uses PK Magnet?

darklink92

Smash Rookie
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I usually don't find myself in situations where I can use the move, but when I do, I usually just dodge or shield.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
i do it all the time

for slow fall and for recovering my % obviously. and for once, i used the pushback air that comes with it for a Dedede to not grab the ledge. it was grand feeling

E-unit

Smash Cadet
If they made the pushback move have more range or more pushback, it woulda been better

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I use it for three reasons; Slowing down, pushing back, and obviously absorb things

I also use it to intercept another Ness'/Lucas' recovery

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I use it more with Lucas, because if you "miss" (read: anticipate incorrectly) you can sometimes get lucky and get a hit out of it. That, and opponents NEVER expect you to use it. It's a sweet mindgame tool.

But with Ness, I only use it wear applicable... obviously, if my opponent is playing Zelda I am going to eat every one of her Din's Fires. Any other situation I could see a use for it I would just use aerials or PK Flash. If the "push away" effect worked on all projectiles, that would be pretty sweet... but alas, no.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I use it on Snakes grenades and Gyros.
But it's not that great honestly. PSIM lag cancel is wonderful though.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
me too, it's PSI magnet not pk magnet. PSI but yeah, I use it all the time. for recovery purposes mostly. To slow down falls, and to stop the momentum when I'm being blasted away, so I survive. Also, by pushing forward with some momentum in the air, you can travel across with it. even though the distance is small, it really helps to get close to the stage without using your second jump.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I use it on Snakes grenades and Gyros.
But it's not that great honestly. PSIM lag cancel is wonderful though.
Thanks because of you I bounced Snake's grenades back at him and he blew up! XD I was fighting a Snake player recently and I remembered this little advice you brought up and so I tried it myself. Snake eventually got it through his head to stop using it on me. He decided to use his Nikita and was smart enough to float it over me but I escaped it. I didn't know it worked on Gyros, though. Maybe next time I'll do that to that R.O.B. mainer and teach her that her projectile is useless! >8D

But yeah, I use the PSIM for recovery and recovering health. Oh and who cares if he called it PK Magnet? The techniques in Smash aren't really called PK anything. In the JP version of EarthBound (Mother), maybe, but in the US version of EarthBound 2, they called it PSI Thunder, Fire, Freeze and Flash. You got Psychokenesis (PK) and then I guess Psionics for PSI, though PSI is pronounced Pee Ees Eye and not sigh. <_<' Sorry for the study lecture.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
It's also great for 2vs2 with Lucas/Samus/Zelda on your team and Friendly Fire on.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
i do it all the time

for slow fall and for recovering my % obviously. and for once, i used the pushback air that comes with it for a Dedede to not grab the ledge. it was grand feeling
Exactly the same as me except I use it to push people away from the stage a few times =). Have done it to a 3D though =D. Psy.

Xyless

Smash Master
I use it a lot, just like I do with G&W's bucket. Though I use the bucket far more, since it has more practical use over time.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Exactly the same as me except I use it to push people away from the stage a few times =). Have done it to a 3D though =D. Psy.
XD WTF? That's awesome, guys! I'm going to do that to my friend next time he plays as 3D! :laugh:

Petdiams

Smash Rookie
I use it on team battles a lot, great for healing ^^ I use it sometimes like if I am being spammed at by a Pit or a Fox =3

Also...
My First Post on Smashboards =3

Gindler

Smash Champion
It really does take away like half of a falco's game. Too bad there aren't as many falcos as there used to be.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I mainly for air stalling and of course against absorbable Projectiles, and against Pikachus who spam Thunder after D-Smash.

Really good move in teams if you have a Pika or Samus Partner; maybe even Lucas with PK Freeze.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
if it had more of a pushing effect after its used, I would use it more, but i dont use it much cause when a flaco shoots his lazers at me, if i use psi magnet then im ussually close enough for him to just side b me or running usmash or dash attack.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
my aerial recovery is now better than ever, and i suvive alot of attacks you'd think I'd die from. I find myself saying "thank god for psi magnet" alot. it's also good for surprize aerial rises as well. lure your opponent in with it's mesmerising blue waves, deactivate, rise into aerial headbut or spike. XD it's epic!!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
if it had more of a pushing effect after its used, I would use it more, but i dont use it much cause when a flaco shoots his lazers at me, if i use psi magnet then im ussually close enough for him to just side b me or running usmash or dash attack.
PSIM Lag cancel
Ducking under the lasers is very effective also.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
i use it in SSE to get healed easily for sticker farming. just stand by a scope primid and let it shoot u with PSIM up. I think ness's is better than lucas's since Ness has his surrounding his whole body and lucas doesn't

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
i use it in SSE to get healed easily for sticker farming. just stand by a scope primid and let it shoot u with PSIM up. I think ness's is better than lucas's since Ness has his surrounding his whole body and lucas doesn't
except that doesn't matter bcuz lucas turns around and absorbs any projectiles shot from behind automatcally. Also lucas' recovers more health, and lucas' is a very potent kill move, so it is not better than lucas' in any way.

Masky

Smash Master
for some reason psi magnet randomly makes people miss stuff sometimes
i'm serious
like three times marth uairs haven't hit me even though the marth was right below me

Masky

Smash Master
I know, but I mean I was still in range but didn't get hit somehow
either I am just mistaking the attack's range or some weird stuff was going on
if no one can back me up on this we can just assume I'm mistaken

A_man13

Smash Master
PSI magnet is rarely used in my aersonal, but I use it when

-Whenever I am above or far away from a pika
-Whenever I start a match/ Have a lot of distance from Fox/Falco
-Pit's arrows
-Other energy spammers.