• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Trained You

Rickety

Peace and Love
Inspired Me: Azen <3 <3 <3

Trained me: Ken (Way Back in 2006, then the Summer of 2007 when he was training for Evo World, plus some Brawl)

People that have given me a lot of thinking practice: Edrees, Arash

People that helped me so much in character match-ups: Team Harmony! <3

EDIT:

Rickety--> (Dirty playstyle)
<333

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lvl 9 metaknight trained me in brawl

im serious

leon just do 99 stock against lvl 9 mk

with a mindset of learning

u will learn a lot of sheik's possibilities

dont just play to **** the cpu, try different ways

lvl 9's are good at showing u ur upen spots sometimes

and when u use the techniques in a match

just play normal like ur playing somebody

and remember all the possibilities

and that real people DI right and try to mindgame u and stuff so yea

just play good

Eggz

Smash Hero
gimpyfish taught me to mario and basics.

ka master i discuessed the mental aspect of the game with and is my main practice

silent wolf and dj combo i discussed techskill with/practiced with, bringing all of our characters to basically the peak of tech skill =]

bladewise/gimpyfish/zeru - my first obstacles in money matching

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
My brother Gabe taught me the most about how to play this game, and was the only person I knew who was on my skill level.

Atul was my first challenge and rival.

Inks/Wolf/Omar were a constant source of practice and motivation. The superfriends, along with atul and Gabe were probably the biggest influence in my smash journey.

Tavo was my best connection to pro level play. He came over often and I improved everytime.

Ken's biweeklies were my best source for tournament play. Ken also helped prepare me for the differences in OOS competition.

DSF was the first player I met who played gay and admitted it. Most others at the time tried to act like they didn't. He helped me become comfortable with playing gay, since that's what it took to beat alex.

Azeem helped me become good at dittos, even though I ***** him 100% of the time.

Mango is the first person in Socal to start smash after me, and actually become better than me. He helped me improve from 07-08 just by being a new challenge. He didn't train me though. So hopefully his cocky *** won't be thinking that he did.

stabbedbyahippie

Smash Cadet
None other than sending vids of my melee characters to some friends online who are good at melee and critique me.

I'm so jealous of you guys who got formal trianing and now ****. T_T

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Me & the rest of the baysians trained eachother. However, I learned mostly from myself.

A habit I developed early on in my smash career, when I lost tournament matches (usually by a landslide), I'd ask the person I lost to how to beat them. Amazingly, a lot of people actually tell you how to beat them. It seemed counter-intuitive to give your weakness away and everything, but I find it both beneficial to the community AND to yourself to tell your weaknesses.

King taught me how to beat him, and I've told many people how to beat me.

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
I suck so bad right now...I got jv 5 stock from zhu..(no Joke)

Currently getting trained by Zhu, Kira, Aznforce, Chizzle, and DcMoney for Melee...

Brawl is Doppl. kira and aznforce

Top Bottom