• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Thinks Ancient Minister could be playable?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5

This is presumably the final boss of the game. Maybe after you unlock everything else and beat him he becomes playable. His icon would be the Smash Bros. symbol. He would walk by hovering over the ground and possibly float like Peach if you hold jump. I don't know what else he would do, but he obviously has moves if he's the final boss.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In his current form, I'd have to say no. He has no arms, or legs, and thus would only be possible as some type of boss. Then again, who knows if that's his true form or not. :O

I'm still going to say it's doubtful even he does change.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Actually.... I can very well see Sakurai adding a playable character whose icon is the Smash symbol, definitely. It would establish Smash Bros as a complete series, really...

But, I would rather think the Ancient Minister would have to be in a different form to be playable. Not the way we see him in the trailer...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Those red pointy things could be his arms. Also, he carries that bomb in the video underneath him, he could hold items like that too.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that would be a good idea. The slots should be saved for Nintendo superstars, not to create new characters. I think playing him in debug mode is good enough; he doesn't deserve a playable character slot.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
the only reason I say no, is because I want his moves to be so over powered that beating him in adventure mode will be a real challenge with real satisfaction

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
It seems like this whole Petey thing started: "If he's a boss character he's playable" "Why make a moveset for him if he's not"

Honestly I don't see him as playable, it seems to be like the Master Hand of Adventure Mode(boss wise)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Kirby knight
It seems like this whole Petey thing started: "If he's a boss character he's playable" "Why make a moveset for him if he's not"

Honestly I don't see him as playable, it seems to be like the Master Hand of Adventure Mode(boss wise)
We aren't talking about Petey, we're talking about Ancient Minister. AM is different in that he's not a boss, he's the boss. As the final boss of the game(which is what it seems like he is), he has more signifigance then throw away characters like Petey Pirahna who are just used to recreate boss battles from their own games. If you think about it, he looks like he's around the same size as the other playable characters and he's human shaped. He's not a giant hand. He looks like he could be playable to me. That doesn't mean he will be, I'm just saying he could be.

Tenza

Smash Cadet
No way...I betcha he's gonna be solely for Subspace Emissary mode and nothing more...well maybe a trophy or somethin if they bring back trophies in Brawl....

Sinn

Smash Lord
I still think he's in disguise...who knows what's under that robe? He could have more limbs than EVERYONE COMBINED O_O

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I kinda think the appearance we have seen of him so far is... like... a outer shell. Something wicked awesome is probably on the inside.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Theres obviously more than meets the eye with AM, I kinda want to see at least one Smash original as a PC.

IllidR

Smash Champion
A character with Smash origins would be alright, but this one would just be lame. he doesn't even have any arms or legs.. why would you want to play as him?

Sinn

Smash Lord
i hope he'll be playable, a character with smash origins, for the first time (master hand was in kirby first)
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Master Hand was in Smash Bros first. The first Kirby game I saw him in was the Amazing Mirror which came out after. Plus, if you didn't notice, Kirby has the exact same moves when he swallows Master Hand in that game as he has as his default moves in Melee. And the name of the ability is SMASH...

I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Top Bottom