• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should be in Brawl and Who should not be in Brawl

Weed

Smash Lord
I want Diddy Kong and Olimar most of all to be in
I'd like Shiek to return, and maybe Doctor Mario :S
I'd be disgusted to see Tom Nook as a PC

Vali

Smash Ace
^ My sentiments exactly. & Olimar never fights for himself, he only uses plantmen as his personal army. Ridley would look ******** downsized that much....
*Sigh*...You can kill most enemies in Pikmin 2 purely by attacking with Olimar. K? The fact that he uses pikmin ("plantmen" *sigh*) boosts his chances even more so of being playable because it's vastly different and unique from what other characters have to offer.

Ridley looking ******** downsized? Like Bowser did? This argument has been discredited so many times and yet people still feel the need to use it as if it's the holy grail against Ridley being a PC. Basically Ridley was downsized in the Melee intro to a reasonable size and he looked fine. That and no resizing looks too rediculous as long as the scales are kept the same and the size isn't taken to any extremes, and if the resizing with the same scale worked for Bowser it can d*mn well work for Ridley.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Ridley looking ******** downsized? Like Bowser did? This argument has been discredited so many times and yet people still feel the need to use it as if it's the holy grail against Ridley being a PC. Basically Ridley was downsized in the Melee intro to a reasonable size and he looked fine. That and no resizing looks too rediculous as long as the scales are kept the same and the size isn't taken to any extremes, and if the resizing with the same scale worked for Bowser it can d*mn well work for Ridley.
See I was in that mindset too awhile ago. When I think Ridley, I think Meta-Ridley from the near end of MP 1. Huge, bounty-hunter eating monster. Then people pointed out the melee intro and the scale they brought Ridley down to. Just like Bowser from SM64, he was like 20x mario size, but his downscale worked out fine. Now think if they can downscale Ridley and make him look cool for the intro in melee. What would they make him look like if he got the attention that a PC gets? He'll be a beast.

And shame on you guys for not adding Krystal. She'll own even....*gasp* meta (who from what we've seen is the top of top tier) :laugh: Krystal with the pimp staff ftw!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I could make a long list of who should be in but I'll just shorten it to Ridley and Lip.

Pichu (and Plusle & Minun) shouldn't be in Brawl. I would rather have Waluigi or Tom Nook (or even both) than some baby Pikachu.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm. I've never made a list, so I've never made much though to the topic at hand.

Characters that should be in:

I'd say that all the original non-clones from Melee that have not been confirmed should all make it into Brawl. All of them are original and are good representatives, even the ICs and G&W. Also, Ganondorf should be in with a revamped move set. Possibly Falco, but only under the conditions that his move set be tweaked more.

Out of the Mario characters that could be in, I am leaning towards Bowser Jr. He has the potential to have a good move set, and he's been featured in a lot of games so far. The Shadow Mario thing is not necessary, as far as I'm concerned, as any unique aspects from it would probably be better suited for Bowser Jr.

Midna or possibly Tingle seem like good LoZ choices to me, Tingle playing as more of a joke character. Diddy is a must, seeing as the DK franchise needs more exposure, and Diddy is the best choice. Ridley also for basically the same reasons, only for Metroid. Ike would be the best choice for a Fire Emblem representative, Krystal for a Star Fox one. Since Krystal has her staff, and Ike has a board sword, their moves could be original, in all likely hood. Captain Olimar, Tom Nook (He’d disappear from the AC background) and possible Issac, could be the first newcomers for their franchises. Lucario would be a good pokemon representative also. I want Little Mac, but I don’t think he has good chances. There are others I’ve forgotten or don’t know, so forgive me on that basis.

I’m not going to touch third party characters.

Now for characters that should not be in.

The clones, in general should be axed. I mentioned above that Ganondorf should stay, and possibly Falco, but besides that, they are fairly unimportant.

Toad is a bit to bland in my opinion to be a fighter, so I wouldn’t include him, though I know some disagree. Under no circumstances, do I tolerate Waluigi being playable. King K Rool also isn’t a character that I think would turn out well in the end. Wolf would be a clone, especially if Falco’s in, and probably could be just a alt costume for Fox. With Samurai Goroh absent, I don’t think there’s anyone really worth it for F-Zero. Vatti doesn’t sit right with me, and neither does Skull Kid.

There are a ton of other characters that shouldn’t be in, but those are all to obvious to even list, or maybe I’m just forgetting.

mastertrainer

Smash Rookie
in front of my computer duh -_-(Belgium)(Vilvoorde
k

NOT: Sonic,knuckles,tails,shy guy,toad,paratroopa,koopa,walluigi,lucario,sora,diddy kong,dixi kong,someone of pikmon,wolf(i HOPE that he de not be in ssbm he and fox gonna have the same atacks maybe we can change the colors of fox and change him in wolf),dark samus(the same note as wolf),some others

MAYBE: king dede,riydlly

MUST: GANONDORF

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to try to possibly crap on anyone's favorite, because I like MOST characters to varying extents. I really only worried about generic enemies somehow making it in, but AT seems to have taken care of that. Also, I hope they go easy on the pokemon. Lucario would be great, other than him I'm a little leery of the pogeymen.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
who should be in... diddy yoshi bowser jr. sonic megaman luigi boo. not be in all pokemon sept pikachu paper mario shadow mario ice climers falcon cpt falcan bomberman and other ghey nintendo and nonnintendo chars

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Your list confuses me on several levels. For one thing, you could make it a little more clear which ones are the "in" and "out" lists, but I think I got that part. For another thing, you put Captain Falcon down twice, and spelled his name wrong the second time. You spelled "gay" like "grey" and didn't separate 'non' and 'Nintendo' when saying "non-Nintendo".

Now to the actual lists. Assuming the first "Falcon" was meant to have no N at the end and be "Falco" you are completely and utterly wrong. Falco will be in Brawl, it's practically a fact. Now, as for some of the others... many have pointed out that Paper Mario could be an interesting and unique character, so I'd put him on the clear list if I felt the need to edit my list. Bowser Jr. I don't quite like the idea of. I'm opposed to his inclusion. Boo is a simply ridiculous idea. We have all the Mario reps we need.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, I've said before who I think should be in... but I rather have a hatred for Dr. Mario now. I actually loved playing with him, but I also realized (after unlocking everyone on Melee again) that there are a good number of clones... and Dr. Mario just happens to be the clone among clones. Not much at all is different from him and Mario despite the pill and the longer cape. so if anyone needs to go... him.

And maybe Y. Link.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
yea i meant falco my nintendo wii put the n on without me knowing ... why i think there shouldn't be any more marios is cuz they will just be clones.. and like u said to many mario chars. i spelt gay like ghey cuz they meen 2 different things.. if anyone here watches pure pwnage u will know what i meen. back on topic boo would make a good char with unique moves... hes been in alot of games latley more then falco and captain falcon,

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Should be in:
Paper Mario
Isaac (or Felix, but I doubt Felix would make it over Isaac.)
King Dedede
Olimar
All characters from SSBM with exceptions below

Shouldn't be in:
Sonic
Any other Sonic character
Any more Samus's
Tingle (I mean, seriously... WTF?)
Birdo
Waluigi
Bowser Jr. (I understand that a good moveset could be made, but I hate him. XD)
Dr. Mario (unless they made him a suit of Mario's.)
Pichu (unless they made him a suit of Pikachu's.)

For the suits, they would have to make them different from the past games in that the shapes would be different and they'd have different moves. (that's how I'd want it anyways.) Somehow I don't see it happening.

I'm neutral on:
WW Link (to put him in and me be satisfied he'd have to have a drastically different moveset from Link.)
Fierce Diety Link
Ridley (I've never been a big fan of the Metroid series, but I don't care if he's in.)
Lucario (I haven't kept up with the recent Pokemon games, so I have no clue who he even is.)
Toad (like WW Link, if they could give him a good moveset he might work.)
Diddy Kong
Ike
Krystal

NukeA6

Smash Master
But some of you guys have to get real Megaman? Ridley? King Dedede?! This is a Nintendo Game and any way they said the third- party characters will only be 2 more after snake.
What are you talking about? King Dedede and Ridley have been first party characters since the very beginning.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
yea i meant falco my nintendo wii put the n on without me knowing ... why i think there shouldn't be any more marios is cuz they will just be clones.. and like u said to many mario chars. i spelt gay like ghey cuz they meen 2 different things.. if anyone here watches pure pwnage u will know what i meen. back on topic boo would make a good char with unique moves... hes been in alot of games latley more then falco and captain falcon,
Well maybe I should be enlightened as to the meaning of this new term.

And Boo can't have been in too many more games than Falco. There probably are more Mario games than Star Fox, but that proves nothing, they're two different series.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Well maybe I should be enlightened as to the meaning of this new term.

And Boo can't have been in too many more games than Falco. There probably are more Mario games than Star Fox, but that proves nothing, they're two different series.
heres somthing... when was the last starfox game... and have they announced a wii game?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The last Star Fox game was Star Fox Command on the DS, released in 2006, last year. There hasn't been an announcement of a Star Fox Wii yet, but it's got to be around the corner somewhere. That can't be the end, it can't!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
They should put in Wolf O'Donnell, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Sonic and King Dedede.
They shouldn't put in Midna, Ridley, Megaman and any other like Pacman.

From Melee
Yes: Mewtwo, Ness, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Falco and Jigglypuff.
No: Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario and Young Link(god i hate this guy)

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Who should totally be in:

-Zant
-Dark Samus
-Midna
-Deathborn
-Wolf O'Donnell
-Krystal
-Count Bleck (maybe...)
-Majora [would be cool]

Not:
-Shiek
-Pichu

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken if only third gen pogeys this time around, Megaman, Stafy.
No Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Sheik, and Young Link. Maybe Falco, Gayman Watch, and Ice Climbers.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Should:
Everyone from Melee (minus clone characters, 'cept for Falco lol)
Sonic
Mega Man
Bomberman
Pac Man
King Dedede
Mii (as an assist Trophy)

Shouldn't:
Any pokemon
Geno
All those cruddy ones who had minor roles in like 1 video game

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Any reasoning behind why they shouldn't be in?
Geno is a minor character from one game (that slot could be used for a more well-known chracter), and there's already 4 poke'mon (assuming they all come back), not to mention all the poke'mon that come from the poke'balls. There are some series thta need more representation.

But yeah. there probably will be more anyway due to success of the DS games and the cartoon.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
Hmm....... (name- universe - reason)
should be in :

Blaziken -pokemon- fire + fighting = Awesome Character!
Bowser Jr. - Mario- if he isn't a clone he'd be cool
Geno -Mario- Rocket Fists , bullets out of his hands , and a laser = Sweeeeeet
Black Shadow or Deathborn -F-Zero - we need some new F-Zero character besides Captain Falcon
Ridley (or Meta-Ridley) - Metroid- He'd be completely awesome!
Diddy kong -Donkey Kong - just as long as he isn't a clone
Wolf O' Donnel -Starfox - obvious choice for a Starfox villian
Mr. Resetti -Animal Crossing - a mole with a pick ax in Brawl , I can see it now.
Poo-Earthbound - a Kung-Fu Prince would bea cool addition
King Dedede-Kirby - He's an obvious choice
Megaman or Bomberman - Megaman-Bomberman- they're both cool characters
Sonic the hedgehog - sonic - He'd be cool plus we could
finally get a sonic vs mario fight
done right
all melee characters except for ( see below)

shouldn't be in

Ice Climbers - if they do make it (I just don't want them 2) they should be
redesigned
Game and watch - he would look weird among the Brawl crowd
Dr.Mario , Young Link , Marth - 1 & 2 are clones and Ike can replace Marth

Falco and Gandorf should be redesigned , Falco in that red armor and Bazooka and
Ganondorf in his TP form and some attacks with his sword

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ice Climbers - they just Suck
I disagree... besides that's no reason to take out a character that has unique a moveset.

Game and watch - he would look weird among the Brawl crowd
and Mr. Resetti wouldn't?

Yet another stupid reason to remove a unique character.

Dr.Mario , Young Link , Marth - 1 & 2 are clones and Ike can replace Marth
What about Pichu? Why should Marth be removed? Ike more then likely has his own moveset.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I guess when you think about it that way Andrew14j it makes sense , good point man.

Oh yeah , I forgot to mention Pichu , he shouldn't return either.

And as for Mr. Resetti or G&W they might be redesigned

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi should be in there as partners like the Ice climbers. The special would be called the "Baby Spin", it's where Baby Mario and Baby Luigi Hold hands, both keep one of their hands reaching outwards, and spin really fast and launch a tornado towards the enemies.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Who should be in: NINTENDO CHARACTERS FROM MAJOR NINTENDO GAMES
Who should not: All these 3rd party characters that ******** kids keep shouting, or Nintendo characters that played a minor role or were in only one game.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Sonic, megaman for 3rd party characters.

Major nintendo characters that most people know.

Who shouldn't:

No one who didn't make a big impact on any of the major games or a major impact on gaming consoles.

Top Bottom