• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering how people got their fingers from y/x to the c stick so fast for the shine b-air. Thanks for the info on using the control stick to jump, I'll practice that later today.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I like the fsmash because it has awesome power duration and priority, and less lag than the Dsmash O-o... I only Dsmash as an edgeguard.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i gotz a question

i've watched a lot of videos and i've noticed that the dsmash is used much more often then the fsmash. personally, from my experience, i find the fsmash more useful, but that's because i rarely use the dsmash. i realize that i get shield grabbed a lot, because i use fsmash, but that's the only real problem i see with it.

is there a trajectory difference? like the fsmash sends them a bit higher then a dsmash? and thus is a better killing tool??

thanks
The Dsmash has a lower trajectory, therefore making it harder to survive w/ DI.

i find it weird how i can only shine-bair fast enough when im facing towards the right and not the left...my fingers are too right-brain orientated...
No. Thats because you have to press C-left, which is much faster than pulling C-Right when moving from the buttons. I noticed this when i found i could double fair while retreating only facing left (this is a marth thing btw).

Engo

Smash Ace
Ugh I can't make any tourney. I don't think people are enough kind to give some donation and I don't have the material + I don't think there is a lot of people that will notice about it if there was one unless I put a paper all around town I dunno I just suck at making promotion and I'm 45 minutes away from Montreal and I've never heard any tournament going to be anywhere...
Actually, there is a tournament in Montreal, I forgot the name but just go to regional zones, Canada and you'll find it.

Now a question, I've seen people on videos jump off the edge(facing away from the edge),double jump backwards towards the stage while shooting lasers, and then land on the stage. I tried this but as soon as I shoot the lasers Falco turns in the opposite direction and dosen't shoot away from the stage.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Dsmash has better trajectory with the sacrifice of sheer knockback. The fsmash will kill people like jigglypuff at lower percents because she can recover so well and the trajectory matters little in comparison to the knockback. Against someone like marth, you can use the trajectory to your advantage, since his up b is mainly vertical he needs all the time he can get to move to the side before up b'ing. If you dsmash him, it will send him lower than the fsmash even while properly DI'd, giving him little time to move sideways. I highly recommend dsmash for marth, sheik, falco, ganon, and other characters without great recovery. There are going to be obvious times when one move is better than the other for any given character though.

Adi

Smash Lord
Shine -> Jump -> Shine

just do this very fast.

Anyways I have a quick question about the peach matchup, if the peach is floating over my lasers should I retreat and just do full hop lasers until float ends or try to hit them out of the air with an aerial of my own.

Lit

Smash Ace
Shine -> Jump -> Shine

just do this very fast.

Anyways I have a quick question about the peach matchup, if the peach is floating over my lasers should I retreat and just do full hop lasers until float ends or try to hit them out of the air with an aerial of my own.
Yeah good question, but this is the only match up i am never good in, i just dont know how to play a peach.

xelad1

Smash Ace
So what do I do about falcon's tech chasing? No matter what I do I can't get around it.
basically every time you are tech chased you are being predictable, a good falcon will pay attention to your teching habits. Lets say every time he throws you down you tech into him and when he stomps you you tech away, hell be able to read those 2 techs every time. Have you tried NOT teching? Try mixing it up, you can only be tech chased if they are reading your correctly, its much harder to tech chase someone if you can't guess where they are going, sometimes you get lucky. Other than that keep your distance with lasers and combos, and don't lose your cool when you do get tech chased, if you know a knee is coming after a stomp that you can't get out of make sure your DI is correct.

saberhof

Smash Master
any tips agains a very agressive mario player... and i mean up airs, after upairs, and finishing fsmash and the **** cape messes up my shl...>_>... id just like some tips out at random for a good plan out to take him down, like about anything i should be doing more and stuff...or a link to a good match of these too would also be good.

Adi

Smash Lord
Well step 1 is mix up your lasers. Don't spam them, throw in empty SH and Dash Dances with an occasional RSHL. Doing so, will allow you to hit him with lasers and make him less aggressive since he's on guard for lasers. Most of your aerials outprioritize his as well so make use of that.

Watch Reik vs. The Cape on youtube but that's the only match that really comes to mind.

Repryx

Smash Champion
WHat I do with Marios is If they Are Cape happy Just Relflect the Laser back @ them...This is one of the Few times Id recommend reflectiong a projectile so you can guess...Dont use it too much. Like Adi Said dont just spam Lasers get a mixer started as well as Approach with nairs to draw out the cape then use a bair after 2-3 times. Mario is easy but he requires a little more thinking...Dont try to out prioritize his up smash if you dont think you can...Hit from weird angles I.E Edge-wallJump-->Bair ors Wave land shine.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
When facing Shiek (My Brother), I have trouble spiking her with my dair because she always does her teleport save. Is it possible to hit her in the middle of her teleport? Thanks.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble still with my ledgehopped Double lasers. I can't get them to be the same height..Right after I press y I move my thumb to b,b but the laser is either too high, or the second laser doesn't come out..

basstreblevol

Smash Rookie
When facing Shiek (My Brother), I have trouble spiking her with my dair because she always does her teleport save. Is it possible to hit her in the middle of her teleport? Thanks.
I don't think it's possible to hit her in the middle of her teleport but try to time a good dsmash and it'll probably kill her.

Steend

Smash Rookie
Yea i could use some help with pillaring and other combos and a quick question is wavedashing really that helpfull?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yes Try waveshining....Wavedashing out of the sheild...dsmash out of a wavedash

ss118

Smash Master
How do you wavedash out of shield consistently?
Maybe it's hard for me cause I shield and wavedash with R, but I'm trying to shield with L now. It seems to work, but It's hard to think of in the midst of a match.
any suggestions?

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah you should go down a little bit before you do it, just experiment with this in training mode until you get the timing.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I play as both Falco and Marth..So I would say Dsmash is good cause it kills Marths recovery. Spamming SHL works for me but thats for the people I play..\

EDIT: Alright, so for my LHDL I drop then shine then JC itthen press b,b but the first laser is still too high. Am I supposed to fastfall?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
My brother uses Shiek's chain to edgeguard. It always KO's me. He lets it hang down and just wiggles it around to send me plumetting to my death. Falco's save gets outprioritied by the chain, so I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions will be great, Thanks!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I play as both Falco and Marth..So I would say Dsmash is good cause it kills Marths recovery. Spamming SHL works for me but thats for the people I play..\

EDIT: Alright, so for my LHDL I drop then shine then JC itthen press b,b but the first laser is still too high. Am I supposed to fastfall?
No shine unless you're going for flashiness, but that slows it down. Here's what you do. press down/ away, wait a little bit so that when you jump, Falco's DJ will cary him about 1.25 Falco Heights above the stage (i.e. so there's a little room between falco and the stage at the peak of your jump). Then slide from y>bb. Thats it. The key to level lasers is to wait between letting go of the edge, and jumping, while not waiting between jumping and lasering. Experiment with different waiting times before jumping to get different laser heights.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about fighting Sheik...in case I need to meet her head-on in midair, what is the best way to go around or counter her Fair?

Repryx

Smash Champion
I just flick the control stick up its less of a hassle for me...(Use Y for everything else) and BTW I wouldnt recommend Shining befor the Lasers because it give the opponent a little more time and can throw off your timing.

Adi

Smash Lord
If possible, try to avoid sheik in the air, she has really long aerials and will own you with her slap =P. If you can just try to laser her out of the air or just wait her out on the ground. In general I'd say don't give her the chance to go in the air and just keep up the pressure on her and she won't be able to move ;D.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...thanks. >_> Now I just need to learn how to AI properly so I don't get screwed over by dashA spamming.

technomancer

Smash Champion
No shine unless you're going for flashiness, but that slows it down. Here's what you do. press down/ away, wait a little bit so that when you jump, Falco's DJ will cary him about 1.25 Falco Heights above the stage (i.e. so there's a little room between falco and the stage at the peak of your jump). Then slide from y>bb. Thats it. The key to level lasers is to wait between letting go of the edge, and jumping, while not waiting between jumping and lasering. Experiment with different waiting times before jumping to get different laser heights.
The levelness of the lasers is entirely determined by when you press the button. You can practice with double jumps on the stage too. I'm sure scotu had the right idea I just like to nitpick.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Didn't get any resonses last time and I have a feeling my old post is going to be forgotten about, so I'm reposting. My brother uses Shiek's chain to edgeguard. It always KO's me. He lets it hang down and just wiggles it around to send me plumetting to my death. Falco's save gets outprioritied by the chain, so I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions will be great, Thanks!

Lt.Smash

Smash Rookie
Need help

Whaz up Shiz. I just started playing with Falco, so i need some help with him. I dont really know any combos so if u could throw mw some that would be cool. Thanx!:)

Adi

Smash Lord
Lt.Smash said:
Whaz up Shiz. I just started playing with Falco, so i need some help with him. I dont really know any combos so if u could throw mw some that would be cool. Thanx!
There's a guide on the sticky list, watch videos and find good people to practice with.

ihatemybrother said:
Didn't get any resonses last time and I have a feeling my old post is going to be forgotten about, so I'm reposting. My brother uses Shiek's chain to edgeguard. It always KO's me. He lets it hang down and just wiggles it around to send me plumetting to my death. Falco's save gets outprioritied by the chain, so I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions will be great, Thanks!
Uhh I'm pretty sure if you sweet spot this you won't get hit, I'm going to check it in a sec and edit this post and tell you if I'm right.

Top Bottom