• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs a couple mechanic changes?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So how about another couple jumps for Charizard since he lost his ability to glide, eh? If not that then maybe some better airspeed? You can't barely move Charizard once he goes freefall. A whiffed Fly is a death sentence because the Zard can barely angle himself once he's falling. I agree with UpBs not putting you in helpless state when used from the ground, that could mix up the Zard's game significantly by using Fly to go into combos rather than a finisher.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Uspecials not putting you into helplessness from the ground is an interesting idea, but you can't just use it haphazardly either. Uspecials like Roy's or Luigi's would obviously need to put you into helplessness or the risk/reward would be all out of whack, and then some moves like Warp, Teleport, Rosalina's Launch Star, or Pit's Power of Flight would probably give the characters too much mobility without some kind of drawback, even if you couldn't perform it again without touching the ground first.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4samus:
Nuff said
Fixing these issues first of all^^

also...

Give her a crawl...she crouches as normal, but transforms into her Morph Ball to crawl, she can lay bombs as she goes, this would allow her move in a lot better and lay traps more efficiently, I feel she would have the fastest crawl in teh game so it would allow to get out of tight situations a lot easier (and give her a better roll to boot) also hold B to charge the Bomb into a potent Power Bomb which can kill would probably have as much knockback as her fully charged shot, but requires some time to charge...

Better Fastfall speed, she gets juggled way too easily, her floatiness is one of her biggest downfalls (ironically), allowing her to get back to ground faster can greatly improve her aerial mobility and help avoid getting juggled...

Better Jabs, at least make her second hit come out faster so most characters can't get out of it so easily, especially since fast characters already have an advantage with their speed, Samus needs better options up close in general, the same with her ftilt which is pretty useless if not sweetspotted...

Rapid Firing Neutral B, In every Metroid game Samus is constantly shooting enemies with her Arm Cannon, it is her main weapon for offense, In Metroid Prime the faster you mash the faster she fires...Megaman has his lemons as his Jabs, ftilt AND his nair on a moveset that already is stocked with porjectiles, Samus can at least have a fast rapid fire on her uncharged Neutral B...When charged she can't fire them rapidly which balances it out as she can't have both rapid fire or power at the same time...

Improving her Screw Attack slightly, now I'm not saying make it so she can literally screw attack across the entire stage like she does in-game, but perhaps mashing can give her one or two extra boosts with the screw attack to mimic her in-game usage slightly better, after she uses her extra boosts she will then go into freefall...It still has the same potency at the peak of her attack...

Super Armour...How does a tiny boxer who wears a wife beater and a sweat shirt get super armour, but an armoured Suit built to withstand extreme temperatures, explosions, and heavy impacts doesn't? If she had super armour properties similar to that of Bowser where sometimes weak hits doesn't make her flinch at all then we can see Samus as a threat rather than a slow and awkward punching bag...Give her super armour on her fully Charge Neutral B, Smash attacks, Screw Attack, her currently non-existant Power Bomb and perhaps her nair and dair (initial frames)...

These changes not only make her a more viable character but also stays true to her canonical appearances as well...She's supposed to be a very versatile character within her games afterall...

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
It does, just that perfect shielding's natural damage reduction makes them less powerful.
Then, like the rest of shield damage changes in this game, make that reduction weaker.

A move designed to break shield should not fail when it hits a shield.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I really disagree with the fact that king Dedede is lacking here are my reasons.

1. He has excellent recovery. His multiple jumps and extremley high Up B allows him to recover from pretty much any distance depending on the Dedede.

2. He is a heavyweight character that hits like a truck. I find his moves to be extremley damaging if they manage to land well being able to kill with a charged Fsmash at 50% and his Dair being a great spike tool and due to his recovery theres not that much risk in trying to spike or edgeguard anything.

3. He has a projectile that can knock back people and kill at 150%. In my opinion I really think Dedede never really needed any projectile a heavyweight with good recovery would be a good enough character on their own. However he has a projectile he can decided the direction of where it goes making him an already better edge guarder than he already is and if the Gordo does hit you off the stage you go and risk getting edge guared by Dedede.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi probably needs a complete revision of his movesets in order to fix the lagginess of his mechanics.

Like the ability to cancel out of a ground pound like Kirby can with the rock. Oh, and making sure Yoshi doesn't lag after performing a ground pound would be great as well.

Take the dinosaur back to the gym, he could use some work.
Actually in quite a few Fire Emblem games magic does reduce Useage when it misses. Which makes sense since the spell was still cast while a weapon only loses uses when it hits because its being blunted (and bows are just weird overall).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Then, like the rest of shield damage changes in this game, make that reduction weaker.

A move designed to break shield should not fail when it hits a shield.
The reduction was made weaker.

This is completely intentional... Shield Breaker only needs a little charge to break normal shields, and I believe a fully charged one breaks a perfect shield.

Raijinken

Smash Master
The reduction was made weaker.

This is completely intentional... Shield Breaker only needs a little charge to break normal shields, and I believe a fully charged one breaks a perfect shield.
A fully charged Shield Breaker gets fully blocked by a Perfect Shield. That is, unless it was changed this patch, or I'm just completely insane (both possible).

Actually in quite a few Fire Emblem games magic does reduce Useage when it misses. Which makes sense since the spell was still cast while a weapon only loses uses when it hits because its being blunted (and bows are just weird overall).
Unless I'm mistaken, magic is consumed in all games on miss. Weapons, as you state, are only consumed on hit (though some games I believe have bows drain on miss). I'm also inclined to say hybrids (such as the Levin Sword, Bolt Axe, etc) only drain on miss when used from a range, which obviously wouldn't apply to the one in Smash.

Of course, Thoron also has 20 durability at worst, Elwind 35, and a Bronze Sword 50.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
A fully charged Shield Breaker gets fully blocked by a Perfect Shield. That is, unless it was changed this patch, or I'm just completely insane (both possible).
Maybe I'm off about breaking a perfect shield, but it still does a bunch of shield damage. Perfect shields have never been totally invincible.

Top Bottom