• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best Meteor Smash?

samai

Smash Apprentice
I would say G-Dorf because even if they recover it does massive amounts of damage

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
shine spike sucks now.
ganon and ike are strong pretty fast and last a while.
the most dangerous award goes to toonlink.
im surprised no one said mario's f-air. not the best but easily the most abusable.

Matt123

Smash Rookie
I would also like to add, in addition to a good spike, what character has nice jumps/recoveries to compliment a good spike?

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Ganon has the best spike. Large awesome hitbox. His coming back is also fine as long as you don't get hit. Ness can get in trouble due to his lack of an easy third jump(especially if you miss the spike, since they will be in the way to do PK thunder to recover). Also, Ganon's Flame choke is an awesome suicide recovery vs all those people trying to spike you or wall you off the stage. Even marths standing at the edge can get pulled down :D

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Meteors don exits in Brawl, right? Aren't they all pseudo-spikes and spikes now?
Well... to use the most obvious evidence, one of the sample stages in the stage builder has the comment "Do a meteor smash!" and whatever nine-year-old Japanese girl volunteered to do that sort of thing must have known whether meteor smashes exited or not.
I vaguely remember hearing that beautiful meteor sound effect once or twice. But only when playing as Lucas. :confused:

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Ganon has the best actual meteor, but I'm not sure who has the best meteor game (recovering from missed meteors, setting up a meteor, multiple meteors, etc.)

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
No one's said this yet? How about Samus' dair, I almost kill more with that when the enemy is on the ground, but her recovery is good for after a spike since she has her grapple. But I love ouncing them off the ground with it. gotta get used to timing though, as with any meteor.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Ness has the best spike in game. It can even kill Bowser by hitting him with a dair to Star KO him at 130% I believe. But another great thing that Ness can do is the yo-yo spike :)

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
This is no contest, DK Cargo spike is one of the best techs in the game, and he has 3 other options to spike with.

Matt123

Smash Rookie
Spiking with Caption Falcon is pretty fun. You know, just getting back to the edge while smashing someone in the face. Anyone else agree?

Top Bottom