• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do your friends always use?

tehfatwiz

Smash Rookie
Especially, friends that aren't particularly good at the game. One of my friends chooses Kirby, because he has the "banhammer", one chooses Toon Link, solely for his DAir, and one chooses Ike, only because he has a giant sword and fits into an anime stereotype.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
Well, most of MY friends are actually pretty good at Brawl.

One mains Lucas; I've played him so much that he has memorized my Diddy patterns and can somehow counter my Diddy with his Lucas.

Another mains Metaknight; he obviously has an advantage over me to begin with because he uses that broken, lagless creature. lol. but I beat him about half the time.

And another mains Marth; I usually win against him because of his very fundamental style, but he has potential to get better.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
My cousin who lives across the street uses CF and Wario. One of my friends uses PT, another one uses Spamus, and the last one is a pretty good Snake user.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
All of my friends that are girls play Bowser, and I have no idea why.

Hahaha, that's quite funny

All I know is my sister plays as Kirby because that's her favourite character (she's 14) and my friend also plays Kirby as he likes him and the multiple jumps are useful

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I play against my boyfriend. His main is Toon Link, but he might as well just main Random because he plays every character.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much whoever they want. However, I see a lot of Ike, Captain Falcon, and Snake. Most of them are average, but they aren't competitive and don't know anything of AT's and advanced strategy.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Well my friends main different characters so it's fun fighting them because I get a variety of match ups. My friends main Ness, Sonic, Kirby, Mario, Link, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, Falco, Toon Link, and Metaknight.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
My friends have actually stepped it up and want to get better and stuff, my friends mainly pick Ike, marth, Falco or Fox.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
One uses Ike; one uses Falco; another uses Snake and Sonic; and another has used virtually every character at one time or another... I think he currently uses Diddy.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
One of my friend mains Kirby. Ocassionally she uses PT (mostly for Charizard) or Martha.

Another one of my friends mains Snake. That gets really annoying sometimes. <.<

Project D

Smash Journeyman
my friend aren't exactly "good" at brawl
1 uses MK for some odd reason which I'm not sure of (I doubt he knows that he is "broken" as some might say)
another uses Ike, but he isn't as good as I am with him
another uses Samus for god knows what reason still not as good as I am and he doesn't know about Zair
my cousin uses Zelda since he'll jsut spam din's fire and thoguht he could beat my Samus, such a lie, he got owned.
my bro uses Fox since he actually practiced with him and used him in melee a bit.

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
I fight against 4 friends all the time.
One uses Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff.
Another uses Ike and Marth
Another Peach/ZSS/Lucas
And the last uses Kirby/Falco/ZSS/anybody because he's so **** good D:<

UncleSam

Smash Master
The "majority" of friends who I play with use kirby, but there are 2 MK's, a Snake, a Marth, an Ike, and a Link.
apparently to them the characters I use "suck"
Diddy, TL, and occasionally DDD (which is absolutely false)

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
My wife uses mainly Pikachu (thunder and Dsmash spammer) and Zelda (Din's Fire and Usmash spammer). The main friend I play with uses mainly Toon Link and Lucas. My other 3 friends play as Kirby and Ice Climbers, MK and Falcon, Mario and Luigi.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
My little sister uses Sheik. She doesn't know the AT's and stuff but she's pretty good.
Little brother #1 used Pikachu because he's a pokemon and ROB because he's a robot.
Little brother #2 just uses kirby and jabs a lot.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
My brother plays Peach, Zelda, and Diddy.

His oldest son plays Toon Link and Sonic.

His youngest son plays Pokemon Trainer and Link.

And both of the boys play Snake, just for codec lulz.

And I've just started to teach my wife how to play. She likes Wolf, because of his outfits.

Nicole

Smash Champion
OLIMAR. All Olimar.

Seriously. If I ever lose to an Olimar in tournament, I'll probably cry.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of friends that are really good at Brawl. There are a few, at least. One friend uses Ganon, another uses Ike and Olimar, and my best friend uses Snake. The sad thing is that my best friend is better than a lot of people in the town I live in, and he doesn't even own the game. :ohwell:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I don't have friends that are bad at brawl...
Unfortunately/fortunately for me, My best friend is awesome and I lose all the time.
He uses Rob Diddy Peach Ness Lucas Kirby DDD Mario Lugi......everyone but Pikachu oh wait and the only character he uses with a sword is mk (occasionally) .
HE IS TOO FREAKING GOOD.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
Well, most of MY friends are actually pretty good at Brawl.

One mains Lucas; I've played him so much that he has memorized my Diddy patterns and can somehow counter my Diddy with his Lucas.

Another mains Metaknight; he obviously has an advantage over me to begin with because he uses that broken, lagless creature. lol. but I beat him about half the time.

And another mains Marth; I usually win against him because of his very fundamental style, but he has potential to get better.
Why didn't you mention me : ( lol

n88

Smash Lord
Friend 1 - Kirby. No-one else ever.
Friend 2 - Marth/ROB/Lucas
Friend 3 - MK/Pikachu
Friend 4 - Snake/Yoshi
Friend 5 - Ike/Diddy/Falco

I find it interesting that they all managed to pick a high tier despite no knowledge of the tier list prior to character selection.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I have one friend who hates/ barely plays this game and uses Wario.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I had this friend, and back in tge Meler days, we'd go back and forth trading wins. Since Brawl, he hasn't been able to compete at my level. He said he wanted to take the game seriously, but never committed to it. He used Falco, Falcon, Fox, and a little Wolf. Also, he never CG'ed with Falco, and he doesn't use the C-Stick. At all.

Another friend of mine, HUGE trash talker, gets three-stocked daily, he plays Lucario, Wolf, Yoshi, Samus, ans sucks with every one of them.

verge

Smash Apprentice
My friends that are good play Falco, GaW, PT, and Samus, although the PT is really bad at doubles. Average friends play Kirby and Snake, and the ones who aren't very good play Diddy, Lucario, and Pikachu.

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
I play against Pit, Wolf, Marth and a **** meta knight lol. I main link and I've played against wolf so much that we learned each other completely lol. Its usually me that comes out victorious though

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Lessee....

-Sarah plays an okay casual Kirby. She adores down B.
-Syd plays Pit, and is good for casual standards. Her mentality is, "Screw arrows, I have swords!"
-Nate plays R.O.B. and Sonic, and is closer to casual then competitive.
-Matthew plays Toon Link, and is okay for casual standards.
-My nine year old sister, Linz, mains an okay Ike. She's beaten a few of my friends with him. (Which isn't hard to do, admittedly, haha.)

Meanwhile, I'm pretending that I'm good with my Fox while beating them. >D

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
One of my friend that I play a lot of matches with him uses Lucario.

Another uses Kirby a lot and he likes to use Kirby's Stone many times in the match.

Another uses Wolf and Zelda. When I was a beginner player with Ganondorf... he always beat me with Wolf and Zelda. But today, I rule the match and Beat him ! Ganondorf ***** ....

Top Bottom