• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who do you watch while playing brawl?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i ask who do you watch b/c i find i often watch my opponents character instead of my own while i am on stage (i can see my character he is just not what i am focused on). Whenever i mention this to my friends they all seem kinda surprised i don't watch my own character so i am wondering if this is a odd trait or are there others like me who manly only focus on what the opponent is doing.

story time: me watching my opponents character instead of my own almost never hurts me but it can depending on who i play as: the other day i was playing Brawl+ and i was using peach, my friend was playing as G&W. I decide to pull a turnip and all the sudden my friend stops approaching me and in fact seems to be playing keep away. So i start trying to chase him down but i am not successful so there is a point were he is high above me and i decide to just chuck up my turnip even through i know it wont reach. All the sudden i realize the turnip is in fact a bomb-omb that has started flashing red this made me out loud say something which showed my shock. Anyway nether of us were hit by it but if i did not just randomly through it it would have blown up in my hand. After this happened my friend who heard my shock asked me were i was looking and i told him i was watching G&W the whole time so i had no idea and this seemed to surprise him. I told him why would i need to watch my character i know what it is doing its your character which i need to figure out what he is up to.

So unless i am recovering i seem to manly watch my opponent so what about you?

sammy p

Smash Lord
im constantly switching around. i dont seem to focus on my opponents character like you do, but i kindof switc my focus from person to person

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Unless its a moving stage, I usually pay attention to where I believe my opponent will be next, and where I am.

Outside of Japes where I pay attention to the timer rofl

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
i switch back and forth between mine and my opponent. It's never a good idea to look at just yourself or just at your opponent, you need to find a good amount of viewing time between the two.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Opponent + projectiles.

I can tell my relative distance from the corner of my eye and I only need to look at my character if I mess up an arrow cancel.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
I mostly look at my opponent but it is important to see if something funny happened with my character... like slipping, or bombs. Gw said you need to find a good amount of viewing time between the two.

TreK

Is "that guy"
You should know your character enough to know what happens when you press a button, so focus on your opponent to notice patterns and stuff you could punish. If you seem to get punished too often, switch up your attitude asap, keep the replay and watch it later to ge what you were doing wrong.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i usually keep my eyes on my opponent unless im recovering. i dont wanna miss anything he does so i can try and have a good idea of whats comming or mabye read his strategy. im sure i glance at my character once in a while though, you have to see what ur doing too!

Top Bottom