• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you Usually Root for when Spectating Tournaments?

What kind of player do you usually support?

• Person with more of a reputation at the event, regardless of character

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious about this because whenever I watch a tournament I always feel a one-sided preference towards one player. Usually if it's my friend playing of course I root for them, but if I know neither person playing, I usually want the less popular character to win.

This could basically mean actual locals tournaments or online viewing or even mini rotations with your friends

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
I try to watch as much as I can, the more stuff you see the more info you can gather on different match-up's, especially for your main.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I always enjoy seeing a lower-tier character win. It's good for the game. I also love seeing The Wall wreck people with Yoshi.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
It really depends. I sometimes root more for the player than the character, like I don't like watching Sheik but I usually root for VoiD when he plays. When I don't know the players and the characters are particularly dear for me I'm usually unbiased, otherwise I tend to watch for these characters to learn new techniques.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
It depends; if it's a high level tournament then I just like to watch good games. If it's a lower level tournament then I like to root for characters who are lower on the tier list. If I see a Falco playing then I root for them regardless.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
No muiti-choice? My personal opinion is my favorite characters, espicially low tiers (These two is why I didn't vote) and certain top players that are the main representer of a character, espicially one with not much rep (Examples of this are Esam, Larry Lurr, Tyrant, and FOW). People living in my region (Espicially my own state) and low tier mains, I root for more too, but to a lesser extent.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Like the people above said, my mains or low tiers (unless Nairo or Hyuga are playing, I always root for them xD)

Last edited:
Top Bottom