• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is the best sandbag grinder?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
For stickers and cds, that is. Who do you use on custom maps made to grind your collection up?

For me, i use dedede, I made it a single, instead of a quad or triple like most, Basically the sandbags and 2p, fall down the whole, and get trapped by dedede's neutral A attack, forever. They drop mad stickers and cds. So who do you use for those levels?

Azura

Smash Cadet
lol

Bowser. I like him and he's nice and big so I don't get paranoid about dropped CDs gonig HOA HOA HOA CAN'T TOUCH THIS.

Shine-Fu

Smash Cadet
Bowser is the best by far, use the first hit of the neutral A combo, it has no real knockback, and lets you maximize hits on all of the sandbags while still picking up CD's

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
no, bowser has too much knockback, use yoshi's down a you may need to use an extra hand but he is alot more efficient as he hits alot faster and keeps the bag in place more.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
no, bowser has too much knockback, use yoshi's down a you may need to use an extra hand but he is alot more efficient as he hits alot faster and keeps the bag in place more.
Bowser only has too much knockback if you use the follow-up A move, if you keep spamming the first in that set, you'll get little to no knockback and you can loot CDs and stickers with no problem.

Also I find that if you get a good momentum going with Bowser on your A button, you can change the channel and watch TV while just pressing the A button, looting CDs and Stickers.

XD

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
true, but he isnt as fast as yoshi with his moves so you don't get as much out of the sandbag because it will fade away if you dont hit it that much and bowser just cant hit it as fast as yoshi can.

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
yes, it does and it woulden't work anyway because you cant use it fast enough so you woulden't get the most out of the sandbag.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
I don't have brawl, So I'm going to sound like a fool, but I saw Lucario's B-move used to collect goods. Does charging Aura have knockback?
As much as it is useful, (or may be), I dont feel safe using anything other than A attacks in fear that I'd miss a CD

I hate missing CDs.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I also had been using the Bowser neutral A thing. Seriously try the first hit it works wonders. you don't have to do anything but hit A with timing to not do the 2nd hit. Unlike Yoshi he doesn't need to jump to hit the bags and since the bags are always on a conveyer belt they come to you forever, as well as the stickers and CDs. I've had up to 12 bags at once stuck in the cornet with me. It isn't hard to get the stuff really. I Have all the music and my last one wa play 50 hours of Brawls so its not that bad.

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
I also had been using the Bowser neutral A thing. Seriously try the first hit it works wonders. you don't have to do anything but hit A with timing to not do the 2nd hit. Unlike Yoshi he doesn't need to jump to hit the bags and since the bags are always on a conveyer belt they come to you forever, as well as the stickers and CDs. I've had up to 12 bags at once stuck in the cornet with me. It isn't hard to get the stuff really. I Have all the music and my last one wa play 50 hours of Brawls so its not that bad.

Yoshi doesen't need to jump and hit them he just consistantly uses his down a over and over.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
As much as it is useful, (or may be), I dont feel safe using anything other than A attacks in fear that I'd miss a CD

I hate missing CDs.
I see your point. I guess holding the A-button with certain characters while having sandbags drop in a really thin pit won't work either for the fear of missing things.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't ness's down-a work wonders as well? You can seriously machine gun it, it should be better than any grab jab.

Edit: I'm dumb.

Top Bottom