• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you second?

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
I've been using Zamus since the game came out and I consider myself a passable Zamus main. I've been messing around with several possible secondary characters including Ike, Snake, Olimar, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Marth and I'm finally settling around Link due to his heavier weight, stronger attacks and natural ability to fight spammers. I would use Snake if it weren't for the fact that everyone and his dog uses Snake.

What is everyone's take?

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
In the beginning, I mained ZSS and kept a few of my old melee mains as secondaries (Marth and Game and Watch), since they didn't need that much practice with. But very recently, I've started to play with Zelda (almost never played her in melee), and it seems that that she is going to take the spot as my secondary character. I find her to complement my ZSS quite well, since she has a few problems agaisnt decent spammers, and Zelda does quite well in that area. So I guess that's about the same reason that you are using Link :p .

Doval

Smash Lord
I play Kirby, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Ness, and Ike. None of them is my main or secondary, though Zero Suit Samus is definitely one of the funnest to play for me. Soon I'll pick up (Power Suit) Samus as well.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
In the beginning, I mained ZSS and kept a few of my old melee mains as secondaries (Marth and Game and Watch), since they didn't need that much practice with. But very recently, I've started to play with Zelda (almost never played her in melee), and it seems that that she is going to take the spot as my secondary character. I find her to complement my ZSS quite well, since she has a few problems agaisnt decent spammers, and Zelda does quite well in that area. So I guess that's about the same reason that you are using Link :p .
Never really thought about Zelda...guess she does have the reflector...
Would you consider yourself an offensive or a defensive player? I'm typically aggressive with any character...ZSS not the least of which.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Never really thought about Zelda...guess she does have the reflector...
Would you consider yourself an offensive or a defensive player? I'm typically aggressive with any character...ZSS not the least of which.
Well, I was mostly thinking about Din's fire who does pretty well against some spammers. But I still have a lot to learn about her :p

I'm quite agressive with ZSS, but with some (like Zelda) I played more defensive... I guess.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
Well, I was mostly thinking about Din's fire who does pretty well against some spammers. But I still have a lot to learn about her :p

I'm quite agressive with ZSS, but with some (like Zelda) I played more defensive... I guess.
yeah...I play against a Zelda on a semi-regular basis...the Din's fire can cause problems but it has around 0 priority and can be cancelled by pretty much any aerial and is also pretty easy to dodge. He does tend to shut down armor and paralyzer use pretty easily with Naryu's love as it comes out pretty quick and has decent duration...I usually eat at least one piece of armor and a couple charged paralyzer shots before I die at 90% to a u-smash. Kinda blows...

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm the only one so far who has ZSS as their second. My main is actually Meta. But the contrast is so different between a short-range player with crazy recovery and a long ranger player with a so-so- recovery.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm the only one so far who has ZSS as their second. My main is actually Meta. But the contrast is so different between a short-range player with crazy recovery and a long ranger player with a so-so- recovery.
huh...I wouldn't call Zero "long-range"...not really...better range than meta yes...long range no

What do you do when you run into a camper/spammer? I've never used meta so I can't really say how well he is able to punish camping, but I do know Zero has trouble with spammers.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
My Second or second main is Sheik

Sheik may have troubles killing but because of her high mobility and needles she can choose even against the faster characters in the game to either approach or camp.

Also she has many great approaches and can still dashdance just as well as her melee counter part.

abren

Smash Rookie
I've mostly been playing game & watch as a secondary, but I think I'm also going to pick up pikachu. I really enjoy playing him and thunder KO's make me smile every time. And apparently he counters snake really well which would be icing on the cake...nothing would make me happier than repeatedly gimping snake (and his stupid overpowered tilts) with a few well-placed thunders.

By the way wolf, great match at planet zero. I thought I had you on that last stock but your down-b at the end was too clutch. I hope we can get some more friendlies in next time because I definitely have some stuff to work on.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Im playing Samus since i was playing her in melee. So Samus is kinda my 2nd Main, i allways alternate between her and ZSS but i play ZSS more often :]

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I main ZSS/Samus, and my secondary is Kirby... In Melee, my cast consisted of Samus, Sheik and Kirby in that order, so if you compare ZSS to Sheik, it's not that big of a difference... Which I like. :D

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
I've mostly been playing game & watch as a secondary, but I think I'm also going to pick up pikachu. I really enjoy playing him and thunder KO's make me smile every time. And apparently he counters snake really well which would be icing on the cake...nothing would make me happier than repeatedly gimping snake (and his stupid overpowered tilts) with a few well-placed thunders.

By the way wolf, great match at planet zero. I thought I had you on that last stock but your down-b at the end was too clutch. I hope we can get some more friendlies in next time because I definitely have some stuff to work on.
that was a great game...that I should have lost. my roommate actually recorded it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsW4dwb3MJs if you want to watch) you played a considerably better game than I did...the only reason I didn't die was because I ate so many >Bs that it didn't have enough knockback to kill me at 100% XD

and yes...we very much need to play again

I picked up peach last night as a possible second...four hours of play later and I think she will be great at punishing campers...she is pretty fast, has a pretty good projectile (won't kill but really messes with people) and is great on the approach (float=awesome)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I tend to go for Toon Link and Luigi. They're both a lot of fun.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm better with Zelda, but ZSS is so much more fun to play

so I guess you could say I second Zelda

Rune_Ocarina

Smash Rookie
I second Ike, Snake, and trying Lucario. Just cause they're fun; besides, I wouldn't want my friends to be fully able to counter my Zamus. Gotta mix it up from time to time. *laughs*

Edit: Spelling.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
i second main wario, he is just so much fun to play as.

i guess i third kirby, but im just naturally good with him, i dont train yet i still win

and i would like to be able to get good with powersuit samas, so in wifi and friendlies i can get the smash ball and still be good.

Doctor

Smash Rookie
I am currently working on a few other characters including regular Samus, Toon Link, Zelda and Shiek, though I have not really decided which I like the most after Zero Suit Samus.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
i second no one because i want to be good with zss
Its a good idea to have secondary for situations where ZSS is at a heavy disadvantage.

Anyway ZSS is my secondary. Zelda is my main. And yes Din's fire is easy to dodge but the point of it is to make people approach you so you can abuse them.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
This is why Zss must use her whip on Zelda! Any way my secondary is falco. I mainly use him when i am trying to fight a pill spammer with falco shield.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
ZSS is my main, Kirby comes at a close second, and the third is a coin toss between Pikachu, Pit, and Lucario. Eventually, I'll be able to have a pretty good idea of my mains.

xVRevenant

Smash Rookie
I haven't decided a main yet but it's between Zamus and Lucario. So whomever becomes number one the other will become two.

Mynt

Smash Rookie
I second pikachu cause deep fair > uptilt > down b still catch people offguard every now and then

"GOD ****ED ELECTRIC RAT!!!"

Matux

Smash Apprentice
(The icon in my mini-information is not brawl) I main ZSS and second ehh TLink or meta knight.

Bouse

Smash Ace
2nd: Pikachu
3rd+4th (Haven't decided): Ike and Falco

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
ZSS will always and forever be my main, but I have recently started to put Zelda in Second Place, I love abusing that Dins fire.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
My second is....Zero Suit Samus.
I main Samus, sub Zero Suit Samus and Sheik. I'm thinking of picking up Zelda, Peach, Jigglypuff, and Olimar.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i see a symmetry of ZSS players liking din's fire. I also second Zelda, if not regular samus.
I guess my main would be Zamus or Samus depending on who i'm playing, it depends a lot on their character and style, but i'm probably best with Zamus.

But yeah, Zelda's over b and reflector are things that ZSS players would dream about. =P Finally we're able to take care of spammers and we can be spammin' hoes too. =D

Top Bottom