• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who did u switch from and y were u drawn to DIDDY?

Nok2

Smash Cadet
Even though they nerfed Sheik I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be, because Diddy is so much more fun to play. I love watching my opponents trip on the bananas LOL

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I mained Luigi and Fox in Melee and when Diddy was confirmed on the Dojo I knew who my new Brawl main would be.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea I was luigi in Melee. Now though, I'm drawn between wario and diddy kong. Wario just sometimes dissapoints me =(

Diddy kong however is fast, has quite a variety of possible approaches, (bannanas, dash attack, diddy hump) just like good ol' melee luigi.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I switch from Dedede, because I didn't like his slow attacks. When I played Diddy the attacks were, Diddy could combo well, and had a great recovery. So I main him now, and play DDD everynow and then.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I mained Peach in melee and now i main diddy and dont play as peach at all anymore. I play diddy b/c the way he plays feels smooth and right for me in brawl plus who doesn't love the old dkc games

blueluigi

Smash Rookie
I used a bunch of characters in melee: marth, falco, sheik, luigi, CF but iafter i tried the characters in brawl, i fell in love with Diddy's dair.

Nisori

Smash Rookie
Mained Shiek near the end of Meele but was intent on maining Diddy as soon as he was announced, because he is just freaking awesome.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Dude, hes a chimp. do you know how strong Chimps are in real life? they'll rip your foot off.
Just wanted to say, Diddy isn't a chimp, chimps don't have tails. I think diddy is a spider monkey if anything but definitely not a chimp.

I mained fox since 64 and I still main him. Diddy, along with Pit are just another character I want to keep playing. Diddy's been awesome since DK Country after all and I always wanted him in Smash Bros.

Cannabis

Smash Rookie
My mains in Melee were Link and Luigi.

Diddy was the first new character I tried, and playing with him was a blast. I thought the bananas were hilarious and also added tons of possibilities for mind games and combos etc. Plus just the uniqueness of his character and how he moves is tight.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
He gets out-prioritized, out-reached, and out-camped by Snake, Marth, R.O.B., Meta, Pit, Falco and a few others.

His side+b is linear and easily spotted/countered. His up+b only has to be edge-hogged then punished when he lands on the stage...

I've played insane people online. It makes me sad.

I love Diddy anyways though.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I used Ness, Samus, Dr. Mario... a lot of different characters.

Brawl is the same but Diddy is one of my favorites. I loved the DK games on SNES and Diddy was my favorite character to use. So when I saw him there on Brawl I used him right away. I think this is the first time I'm playing a character not only for their abilities, but because of a connection.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I mained Falco, Sheik and Link in melee.

To say the truth, I actually hated Diddy the first time I tried him out mainly because of his pop gun, but then a week later I just decided to play him and I fell in love with his moveset! Bananas FTW!

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I am one of the many former luigi mains that have flocked to diddy. He is the new king of combos and his air attacks pwn. (I still play Luigi sometimes though , as well as G&W :p

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I use to main Ike and uh... he isn't so great after playing him a tourney just recently. Maybe in Doubles but that's it.

Diddy Kong was my secondary but now he is my main. I have always liked Diddy from the DKC series.

Also, RaynEX, you don't have to be so cynical about Diddy. D=

Mackaveli

Smash Rookie
i mained cpt. falcon in melee but i always loved DK so when i heard that diddy was in brawl i basically flipped (DKR nostagia kicked in)

then i found out that hes practically a f***in beast with a no-lag-included dash attack that sets everything up

we have sinced brawled happily ever after lol

thenewcomer08

Smash Rookie
i used marth. i liked diddy's speed n wen ppl started trippin on the bananas i was like hell yeh im tryna trip ppl. n wen my friends started cursing n yelling about tripping on bananas i was like hahahahahaha diddys my character

pyrblaze

Smash Rookie
Diddy has such an awkward style, its so aPEELing...sorry
I was trying to main sonic, and I was actually not wanting to get into Diddy's playing style, mainly because I didn't want anyone who was slower...

Diddy just has the right amount of speed, and power, in my opinion, but c'mon bananas, peanut guns and the infamous diddy hump! whats not to love?

past-tense-of-draw

Smash Rookie
I like down+b items I was playing Young Link/Peach because Bombs/Turnips are fun as h*** and when I realized that I could pick the bananas back up I was sold.

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
i was using wario but decided to try Diddy because i heard he is good

Coo_Too_Tim

Smash Apprentice
I mained Falco and Captain Falcon in Melee but When I saw Diddy on the Dojo I Called Dibs on maining him to all my friends. They hate me now. Except my Olimar maining friend....*******.

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
i started out with pokemon trainer,and didnt feel his style.i love squirtle but cant grasp ivysaur or charizard properly.

once we unlocked rob i started playing him and loved him.he quickly became my main.

then i grew weary of playing/winning with rob and wanted a second main-i tried diddy again, but in a one on one match and fell in love.my opponent struggled to hit me with my speed and mastery of opponents. recently one person managed to fefeat diddy in my play group-with olimar-so ive been training against him.

so now my mains are rob for free for all/teams/sometimes one on ones-
but ill usually go with diddy.
yeah.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I mained Marth and Ganondorf in melee, hardly use them at all now >>

Just picked up Diddy today actually, but I like him alot...

If anyone's wondering, my other mains are Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Falco and Snake

FlyingMudPuppy

Smash Rookie
I came from using Marcus Fenix and Baird... I was drawn to Diddy because in Mario Tennis he was my favorite, he is a monkey (my would have pet), has a frigin peanut gun (who doesn't want one?), a dual-barrel jet-pack, and you can play with bananas!

Who the hell else could compete???

EDIT: (Actually so far in my oh-so limited experience, Diddy is one of my worst characters, but still my favorite to play as you have to think, and I think has the most potential for me personally..........)

POWER TO PRIMATES

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
well short story made long made short again, i was high and i decided to pick fox, but my friend started it before i could move my selector from the random selected diddy. So i played him, and i realized he could skull *love your face and throw banana's. I was like you dude, i'm humping link's face. And my friends were like omg noes. Then i was like west side ez noobs. So in conclusion, play fox because he is better than diddy any day.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is a great Main

I never thought I would end up maining Diddy. I was deciding between Kirby, Pit, Ness, Lucas and Lucario. I wanted a character with a nice fighting style, and good special moves (including final smash). For some reason, I never considered Diddy. I wasn't even happy when I knew he was a newcomer. But then.. studying a little more, I started to discover how interesting he is. His 4 special moves are nice to use. And all of them have variations : peanut gun can be charged, barrel boost can be charged and has directional tilt, bananas can be used in many ways, and can be thrown in any direction ( I like throwing things at people), and his side B can be used for acrobatic movement, recovery, grab, spike and attack. Also, his Final Smash is pretty fun and powerful, you fly, burn, shoot like crazy, and can even recover from peanuts while your opponents come back from the dead. His barrel boost can kill people if you try to hit him out from his barrel boost. Awesome. His fighting style is agile, acrobatic, he uses both hands , feet, head, and even his tail. He can crawl, wall cling, and yell those annoying monkey battle cries. What else you could ask for? xD

TastyPastry

Smash Rookie
I mained Falco in Melee but I just couldn't get over the change in his side smash. Therefore I wanted someone that was fast, combo easily, and have a projectile (since I had been addicted to Falco's gun). But most importantly...

I like the sounds he makes :)

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I mained Sheik in Melee. I've been interested in Diddy ever since he was released in the Dojo. What really got me attached was when I learned he has a strong spike, and I've mained him on and off.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
i mained Roy in melee. i know, amazing a roy main. then i used pit when brawl first came out, then at my first brawl tourney, i saw this pretty good diddy and decided to give him a try. so, now i main him

Player-1

Smash Legend
I mained sheik in melee, the reason i chose Diddy is because i didn't know who i liked really so it was about an hour before a tournament started (1 week after brawl came out) i had no idea who i wanted so i chose random and it was diddy....and i won ended up getting to semi finals with diddy and decided to main him =)

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
I didnt really "switch" but I added Diddy to my top mains with Kirby. I did it because when i first used him recently, banana spamming my friends was hilarious. I just had to keep playing him.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
I was cosidering making Diddy a top main or even my full main, and i have a reason that isn't "i head hes gonna be top tier" it goes way back to the snes DKC1 when me and my bro would play and i was always 2nd player (why i like luigi mre than mario) but I love the DK games aswell and after plaking DK in smash 64 and melee I kinda want a change.

But i was wondering would you all think i'm just looking at Diddy because he's top tier? Because he is one of my favourite nintendo characters along with Dk

plus monkeys and gorrilas are my favourite animals lol

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
In mellee i mained samus and my friend commented on how he knew of a couple of other samus mains that moved to diddy.

Is there some wierd play style that seems to appeal to former samus players or is it jsut a coincidence?

I ask this out of simple curiosity:)

and btw my freind believes its because samus was imbalanced as F*** and i chose the most imbalanced lil F*** in brawl (I somewhat agree ; Diddy jsut *****:laugh:)
Yes, Diddy does **** like hardcore he just ***** any opponent I play with. I **** any player with Diddy he has great air moves and ground moves and his bananas are just so greasy and naughty. Diddy loves to suck his bananas and deep throat them.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Since the dojo confirmed diddy i knew i was maining him. I wanted diddy in melee. But i didn't know he was going to be the little monster that he is. Diddy rules!

Peach and Shiek were my mains in melee so i switched from them.

Top Bottom