• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Counters Diddy Kong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarAnimated

Smash Cadet
NNID
TemplarAnimated
I think its fair to say Diddy Kong is ridiculously top tier, like almost Brawl Meta Knight standard. But I have a feeling Nintendo isn't going to do much about it, and because Diddy Kong isn't as bad as Brawl Meta Knight, he isn't going to get banned any time soon.

So, I know I'm going to have to l2p against him. And I tend to play rush down characters, (Sonic and Fox are the prime examples of my mains) which I have only just clocked on to the fact that they are at a complete disadvantage against the banana wielding monkey. (Sonic slips mid spin dash, I mean come on. :laugh:)

There I'm probably going to need a new character in order to become better at this match up. Of course its not that I don't think Fox and Sonic can't win if I get good enough with them, however tbh if me and my opponent are equally skilled at the game, the Diddy tends to come out on top.

And so, to the main point of this topic, what character, or kind of characters, should I l2p? The kind of characters I've been practicing or I'm more willing to learn are:
  • Marth
  • Mario
  • Shulk
  • Ness
Maybe Megaman & Ike also, but they are 50/50. So are these guys any good or should I be looking for different characters?

Thanks for all the help, and if anyone is up for any games online to help teach me as well feel free to add me @ TemplarAnimated and even on Skype. (PM me for that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom