• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your least favorites in smash so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Who are your least favorite characters in the upcoming game so far and why?

Here are mine:

WFT: because really? I understand she's been helpful in wii fit games, but I was utterly surprised to see her as a fighter.

Greninja: There's hundreds of Pokemon, I feel like this one is too simular to sheik. Stealth? Disappearing into thin air? We've seen this before.

Pac man: yes, I already know what you're going to say. He's a part of gaming history, but I don't really see his fitting into the smash series.

Villager: maybe it's because I've never liked animal crossing 0_0

Mii fighters: Deep inside I always knew they were coming, as well as many of you, but now they just seem messy and wasteful; being that there's three ways to fight. Plus, what if Kirby swallowed us? That would be kinda awkward...

What about you guys?

And to discuss favorites, check out my other thread

http://smashboards.com/threads/who-are-your-favorites-in-smash-so-far.360678/

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've liked all the newcomers thus far but i'm kinda sad with the Mii Fighters, I just don't like the concept but even then I found it pretty fun how Sakurai implemented them

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Mii Fighters, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena. The first was obviously going to happen and I understand why but I will never use them. The second is one who I definitely would never have missed and have no interest in. Palutena is not as bad but I strongly dislike her implementation.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Predicting which newcomer characters that I do not like is difficult at the moment, since I do not know how they are played. So I'm just going to reserve my judgement and wait for the game to come out.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Predicting which newcomer characters that I do not like is difficult at the moment, since I do not know how they are played. So I'm just going to reserve my judgement and wait for the game to come out.
This is a good mindset to have.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Olimar, because he's an incredibly obnoxious character in Brawl and Project M, and he doesn't appear to have been altered in any capacity that would change that.

All of the newcomers look far more pleasant than Olimar.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Olimar, because he's an incredibly obnoxious character in Brawl and Project M, and he doesn't appear to have been altered in any capacity that would change that.

This
This
This
And this

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would rather wait until I have played the game myself to say anything honestly. Though if I had to go solely on gameplay footage and character design, I'd say Wii Fit Trainer still has yet to interest me.

I like all of the other new characters shown off. Though I don't know how often I'll use each one. But I can wait until I get the game in my hands.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
From what I have seen so far, Palutena and the Mii Fighters are the only newcomers I have a distaste towards. Mii Fighters were just so predictable and a pretty bland choice imo. Palutena I just plain dislike, found her to be annoying in Kid Icarus: Uprising and overall she felt like a shoe-in for me. The other newcomers I can live with but I have to see the rest of the cast and play them to have a full opinion on them (excluding Palutena).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
At the moment, I've been pleased with the majority of the newcomers so far. I think most of them have actually been pretty good choices for Smash, even if they were unexpected. And yes, I would say the same about Wii Fit Trainer.

The one newcomer I've actually been displeased with is Greninja. Greninja is cool and all, but he's so recent and hasn't had time to really develop as a character. He's hardly an All-Star at this point. There's also the fact that he may have gotten in over Mewtwo, a character who I believe is a true All-Star, and one that deserves to be on the roster. If Mewtwo gets in alongside Greninja, then I'll probably be ok with having Greninja on the roster. If Mewtwo doesn't make it in, Greninja will be my personal punching bag.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah. Also during the demo I kinda disliked how Greninja played. He felt a bit sluggish some reason. Maybe I just suck at the Pro Controller.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
What a very negative question... I don't really like Miis, but I might end up loving them... Since I haven't gotten to play yet I won't decide who my least favorite is yet.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
(wow palutena is underrated here)

Well, I'm not going to be negative on the newcomers because I haven't played them yet. It's when I've personally played them and seen which ones I like and dislike to use.

The only one I would trash on beforehand are Miis. I didn't want For Fun mode to be filled with "MILEY CYRUS vs HITLER!!11!1". Since they're banned from online anonymously I've warmed up to them.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Ganondorf. Such a tragic waste of a badass character.

Hopefully he finally gets his own moveset/is decent this time around.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ganondorf. Such a tragic waste of a badass character.

Hopefully he finally gets his own moveset/is decent this time around.
Ganondorf is exactly the same in Smash 4? That is news to me! Great news.

My least favorite so far has to be Mii Fighter. I am just not into the redundant moves and taunts or the inability to main the character online. I am also less than satisfied that we had to endure them thrice.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Personally, I really dislike Rosalina. I've always been against adding a new Mario rep unless if they represent their own thing, and Rosalina does not. If they were going to add a new Mario character, they should have added Toad, who's been an important character in nearly every main mario game to date, along with the recent introduction of Captain Toad. Not to mention her gameplay seems too gimmicky (control a puppet and suck in items, woooo!). In her defence, I guess she's kind of like SMB's version of Sheik on the SSB roster, as she is popular. I just personally don't care for her or what she introduces to the roster.

Veterans, I'd have to say Fox seems reeeeeeally nerfed, and I hate his new voice (at least what I've heard).

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah, Greninja was an odd choice. If Mewtwo doesn't get in, I'm going to be royally pissed that Greninja did.

I'm also not a fan of the Mii Fighters. Mainly because I already don't like Miis. Why can't they look like XBOX avatars? They look so simple and bland. Also, I think Mii Fighters count as 3 characters, so if Mewtwo, Ridley and insert-character-here doesn't get in, that would be a sad day for a lot of Smash players who never wanted the Mii Fighters.

Sakurai, "But you can make a Ridley Mii!"
Me, "#FACEPALM"

Hong

The Strongest
Sonic didn't impress back in Brawl.
He doesn't impress now.

If you can't make an interesting moveset for a character, don't include them. I wouldn't want the characters I love to appear just for the sake of appearing if they're not going to add anything substantial to the game. Instead we get this obnoxious twerp that spins for half of his moves. "Oh Hong, spinning is what Sonic does!". This is true, and I would expect a special move and a few normals to encompass it, sure. But two specials too many. Give him some of his power-ups or something.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Since I can't articulate my thoughts properly at 1 in the morning, I will display my least favourite characters in smilie form.

MY (CURRENT) LEAST FAVOURITE SSB4 CHARACTERS:
:4greninja:
:4villager:
:4wiifit:

I, unfortunately, cannot see these characters being in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

I'm perfectly fine with all the other characters

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My current least favorites:
:4greninja: (Don't see the appeal).
:4charizard: (I HATE the fact that he's solo now. They could've fixed them by removing Fatigue, Force Switch, and Elemntal advantage)
:4villager: (I admit he's a welcome addition because he's representing AC. But I don't really like AC)
:4olimar: (I liked his inclusion in Brawl. But after experiencing first hand how he plays, I HATE this guy.)
:4tlink: (I still don't see why we needed a 2nd Link.)
:lucario: (... why?)

:4mii: (I would like to provide my own solution to how Miis could have been implemented... but I can't. Too much effort for characters that aren't even going to be playable in all modes. Waste of space if you ask me. I mean, the time it took to make these semi-playable characters is time they could've sorted out the deal with :squirtle::pt::ivysaur:)

-
But.. In the end, it's not like I can't STAND these characters. They're my least favorites, but I don't literally hate them, despite me stating that above. At least my dislike for Toon Link has diminished a good ammount. Ok, maybe just Trollimar.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
My current least favorites:
:4greninja: (Don't see the appeal).
:4charizard: (I HATE the fact that he's solo now. They could've fixed them by removing Fatigue, Force Switch, and Elemntal advantage)
:4villager: (I admit he's a welcome addition because he's representing AC. But I don't really like AC)
:4olimar: (I liked his inclusion in Brawl. But after experiencing first hand how he plays, I HATE this guy.)
:4tlink: (I still don't see why we needed a 2nd Link.)
:lucario: (... why?)

:4mii: (I would like to provide my own solution to how Miis could have been implemented... but I can't. Too much effort for characters that aren't even going to be playable in all modes. Waste of space if you ask me. I mean, the time it took to make these semi-playable characters is time they could've sorted out the deal with :squirtle::pt::ivysaur:)

-
But.. In the end, it's not like I can't STAND these characters. They're my least favorites, but I don't literally hate them, despite me stating that above. At least my dislike for Toon Link has diminished a good ammount. Ok, maybe just Trollimar.
Interesting choices.

By the way, you might want to update your Brawl main, if your description is accurate.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Sonic didn't impress back in Brawl.
He doesn't impress now.

If you can't make an interesting moveset for a character, don't include them. I wouldn't want the characters I love to appear just for the sake of appearing if they're not going to add anything substantial to the game. Instead we get this obnoxious twerp that spins for half of his moves. "Oh Hong, spinning is what Sonic does!". This is true, and I would expect a special move and a few normals to encompass it, sure. But two specials too many. Give him some of his power-ups or something.
I agree. I believe Sonic and Toon Link are less cared for than the rest of the cast. Both of them could've had awesome movesets, but they were limited to a bunch of spins and clone moves, respectively.

Greninja and Rosalina are my least favorites. Don't understand either of their appeal. I'm still sore about Rosalina getting in over a certain Koopa...

I'm indifferent towards Mii Fighters.

Seems like a lot of work and effort put into characters who aren't even playable in every mode. I dunno, I predict I'll warm up to them.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This topic seems like it'll descend into flame war honestly.

That said I've never cared about annoying people, so I'mma dive right in;

:4wiifit: doesn't look incredibly enticing. Yes; healing move, but overall still pretty standard.

:4palutena: seems like a mess. I'm not sure if she'll be OP right now(I don't know how long that Up Smash takes to charge to get to that height, but if it's instant I'm pulling the bias OP card).

:rosalina: Although admittedly less so than the above two as I am warming upto her, she did to me what many Mewtwo fans are hoping :4greninja: didn't do to their favourite. 15 year old dream still unfulfilled. Tsk.

:4sheik: I'd of been glad if this non star never came back once she was separated from Zelda frankly.

:4zss: Similarly ZSS although less to do with being one off and more to do with feeling odd fighting against :4samus:...it's just a little bizarre now they're separate. Otherwise I don't have half the issue with her existence as I do with Sheik.

:4tlink: Waste of potential yet again. Of all the possibilities we once again went for the most boring option; his Brawl moveset. Maybe custom moves will save him, but right now I'm unimpressed.

:4mario:but only because FLUDD is still there and worst of all; Mario Finale looks exactly the fricking same. Easy to avoid telegraphed attack...Mr. Nintendo shouldn't have the crappiest FS...more like the most middle in usefulness.

:4sonic: Please, please let there be some changes that make him exciting to play as. This guy was my childhood more than any other...it's a shame Sonic also has the least varied skill set from his series in comparison to the more to work with Tails and Knuckles.

The others I'm mostly cool with or indifferent to.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
This topic seems like it'll descend into flame war honestly.

That said I've never cared about annoying people, so I'mma dive right in;

:4wiifit: doesn't look incredibly enticing. Yes; healing move, but overall still pretty standard.

:4palutena: seems like a mess. I'm not sure if she'll be OP right now(I don't know how long that Up Smash takes to charge to get to that height, but if it's instant I'm pulling the bias OP card).

:rosalina: Although admittedly less so than the above two as I am warming upto her, she did to me what many Mewtwo fans are hoping :4greninja: didn't do to their favourite. 15 year old dream still unfulfilled. Tsk.

:4sheik: I'd of been glad if this non star never came back once she was separated from Zelda frankly.

:4zss: Similarly ZSS although less to do with being one off and more to do with feeling odd fighting against :4samus:...it's just a little bizarre now they're separate. Otherwise I don't have half the issue with her existence as I do with Sheik.

:4tlink: Waste of potential yet again. Of all the possibilities we once again went for the most boring option; his Brawl moveset. Maybe custom moves will save him, but right now I'm unimpressed.

:4mario:but only because FLUDD is still there and worst of all; Mario Finale looks exactly the fricking same. Easy to avoid telegraphed attack...Mr. Nintendo shouldn't have the crappiest FS...more like the most middle in usefulness.

:4sonic: Please, please let there be some changes that make him exciting to play as. This guy was my childhood more than any other...it's a shame Sonic also has the least varied skill set from his series in comparison to the more to work with Tails and Knuckles.

The others I'm mostly cool with or indifferent to.
Wow, you're not impressed with almost a third of the current roster, not including indifferent ones. It's nice seeing everyone's perspectives though.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wow, you're not impressed with almost a third of the current roster, not including indifferent ones. It's nice seeing everyone's perspectives though.
It's a shame too, because all the other little touches so far I've loved;

I love that I can now play Team Mario and Luigi without compromising on their colours to face off with Bowser, I love the the effects like the black lightning when you get a particularly satisfying attack on an enemy, the alt costumes are fantastic and fresh; glad we got a female alt for Villager, the neat touches like Megaman's custom death effect are a fan's dream and the items have been some of the best yet.

Hell; Sonic, Pac-Man and Megaman are the best possible choices for third parties(at least in my opinion, yours may vary).

At least I've got :4littlemac: and :4villager: to look forward to playing as from Nintendo's newcomer offerings. Just wish there was another two at least.

Last edited:

Urz

Smash Cadet
As with Mario Kart 8, you have a game with some of the most iconic video game characters of all time. Smash probably has the best roster of characters of any game in existence. Why on Earth would I want to play as some low-poly representation of a generic white dude?

Stop pushing Miis in games, Nintendo. Stop it.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

I love that I can now play Team Mario and Luigi without compromising on their colours to face off with Bowser, I love the the effects like the black lightning when you get a particularly satisfying attack on an enemy, the alt costumes are fantastic and fresh; glad we got a female alt for Villager, the neat touches like Megaman's custom death effect are a fan's dream and the items have been some of the best yet.

Hell; Sonic, Pac-Man and Megaman are the best possible choices for third parties(at least in my opinion, yours may vary).

At least I've got :4littlemac: and :4villager: to look forward to playing as from Nintendo's newcomer offerings. Just wish there was another two at least.
Pink is not a compromising color on Luigi, and I will face anyone that claims otherwise at dawn. Ten paces. For honor.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
:4mii:: I expected them, but I'm not a fan that they took up so much development time. Also, they have plenty of games for a moveset, but it appears none of their moves comes from any of their games. People complained that the Pokémon Trainer took up more time than the rest of the cast, but the same applies to the Mii's and that's not ok. I'll admit and say this is the only character that I flat out hate.

:4pit:: Never a fan of Pit, I despised him in Brawl but we'll see how he turns out in this game.

:4tlink:: I would love Toon Link, but I wanted to see more elements that would differ him from Link. But no, they took the lazy way out and kept him the same. I mean gosh, at least change his Final Smash.

:4luigi:: Same thing applies to this guy, except they at least changed his Final Smash.

:4wiifit:: Wii Fit was fun when I first received it, but I'm not too big on the character.

:4yoshi:: For some reason, I don't really like Yoshi in Smash. I think it's just his moveset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really hate these characters(except the Mii's), but they are my least favorites that are confirmed so far.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
what im not happy with
:4mii: i just never really liked the ideas of mii's
:4charizard: cut the rest you cut all three ... unless you are going for agumon or something like that
:4tlink:he could have one new move
:4sheik: if this is the 5th zelda character i will be mad no vaati. it also kileld the uniqueness of zelda/sheik

50/50 could care if is in or not
:4palutena: kid Icarus only has 3 games i really don't think there is a need for a second fighter and no way for a third

:4pikachu::troll: raichu is better and needs some love

:4pacman: it's not really war of mascots if it was war of the mascots it would be mario sonic and crash/spiro
i mean i like him but i want pokemon vs digimon

:4megaman: not going to lie i lie i was all right mega man no way but inside i was like okay cool whatever
:4littlemac:i just play punch out yesterday until then never did

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

Well, it looks like you're a Yoshi main. What do you think of him now?

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Also, I think Mii Fighters count as 3 characters, so if Mewtwo, Ridley and insert-character-here doesn't get in, that would be a sad day for a lot of Smash players who never wanted the Mii Fighters.

Sakurai, "But you can make a Ridley Mii!"
Me, "#FACEPALM"
That's such a terrible mindset to have. You are basically admitting right off the bat that you will be using them as scapegoats if you don't get what you want, despite them not being related to each other and roster selection not working the way people think it is during development.
Worst of all you are listing a 3rd option as rotating slot, not even knowing what you want in exchange for the Miis who are "stealing" a spot. Mewtwo is understanble though.
But Ridley is a moot choice since it's been shown that it's going to be a boss.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As per the rules of this section, anti-support threads are not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom