• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your favorites in smash so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Who are your favorite characters so far? And if you had to choose right now, who would you main?

I've always been a fan of Rosalina and Luma, and I knew deep inside that they were coming. I find the puppetry very unique. Peach has been a favorite of mine forever, as well as Zelda, who has a beautiful design now.

I have a lot XD but what about you guys?

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Who are your favorite characters so far? And if you had to choose right now, who would you main?

I've always been a fan of Rosalina and Luma, and I knew deep inside that they were coming. I find the puppetry very unique. Peach has been a favorite of mine forever, as well as Zelda, who has a beautiful design now.

I have a lot XD but what about you guys?
I'm a huge fan of Rosalina's puppeteer style of play, too, but I am a little skeptical about whether it'll actually work well or not... I mean, I know it won't be tragically bad, but there will almost definitely be those times where you have to shout "NO LUMA Y U DO DIS?"

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how the majority of the newcomers play. I think that the most interesting, actually, is WFT. She appears to have even more of a well-rounded moveset than Mario, but still has the amazing gimmick of Deep Breathing. The only problem, is I don't have the ability to properly predict when it would be a good time to have the boost and when it wouldn't, lol.

I think I'm probably going to end up maining either a Pokémon or a LoZ character. These ARE my two favourite franchises, but for some reason the way that they play in Smash just really resonates with me... I don't know if it's because the characters are just so true to their origins and how they control in their own games that it just works well in Smash because you can feel the connection, but possibly.

I've always found Jigglypuff so much fun to play as, and I am almost overly-confident that he WILL return. I KNOW that Toon Link has returned, like we all did, which I just love because the contrast between his cartoony, cell-shaded looks and the very detailed, serious smash is just the most fun thing... And he controls, really well, too. I am also a huge fan of how Link plays, even if gimping is common, but they've buffed his Up Special, so I am really looking forward to playing as him.

I am quite looking forward to playing as Luigi, because he seems to have some fun qualities. His combo potential just looks amazing, and while I'm not the biggest fan of his Final Smash, and was actually a fan of the Negative Zone, I am happy that they are referencing Luigi's Mansion SOMEWHERE.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Charizard, Mario, Villager, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Gannondorf, Zelda, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Wolf, Greninja, Ike, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, R.O.B., Palutena, Pichu, Olimar, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Dr. Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic. I think that's everyone. As you can tell, I like almost all of the cast.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Charizard, Mario, Villager, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Gannondorf, Zelda, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Wolf, Greninja, Ike, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, R.O.B., Palutena, Pichu, Olimar, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Dr. Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic. I think that's everyone. As you can tell, I like almost all of the cast.
Can you please provide me with a source that indicates where a good portion of those characters were confirmed? :dazwa:

As per the original post, Link. I have always found comfort and solace in his character, his play-style has always resonated with me and he is one of my favorite Nintendo characters outside of Smash. If I had to decide based on our empirical knowledge, he would be the most ideal character. Honestly, Link has been absent from my heart and soul during a significant portion of Brawl. I could not main him as the nerfs were to drastic; however, I continued the tradition somewhat through Toon Link. Assuming that Link is as great as he appears, I should have a great time predominately maining him once more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a fan of how Greninja plays. His animations are also pretty cool, so that helps. He's also a frog.

I surprisingly like Pit too. I dunno, maybe it's his non-female voice, maybe it's his new animations, maybe it's upperdash, I dunno. I just like him a lot more this time.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Pac-man works, because he throws sprites as an attack. CLEARLY the best character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Mega Man. No real contest unless Lip shows up.

I've always been a fan of Peach though, and I played as her a ton in the previous two games. I'm probably going to be maining her in this game as well, despite my love for Mega Man.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Olimar is old but I always see him and make me smile. Is always gonna be my own MAIN fighter.

But the new Fighters I would call Villager and Pac-man. Seriously Those guys are the most m interested.
Villager is from Animal Crossing a series that I love since my childhood and now is a serial killer to the new smash, its has one the most unique special attack ever and incredible move-set.
Pac-man. To me is all Nostalgia all over him, the moves, the stages and the way its look. He a weird fighter but he give way too much nostalgia and love than Megaman and Sonic. It gonna be my first third-party character.

Greninja sound very silly and dumb in the E3 game-play and for that I wanna use Greninja too. I need to troll with Palutena too, she look like a ending lag everywhere but got the strength to kick some butt.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Palutena is my favorite for sure. I can't describe how excited I am to use her. Zelda's new design is amazing, I can't wait to use her. Same with ZSS. I'll give Rosalina a chance as well, since her move set is super cool. I hope I like how she plays.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Pac-Man is definitely my favorite so far. Also, Chorus Men :troll:.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
In terms of newcomers, Rosalina, Pac-Man and possibly Mega Man. Rosalina is most likely to end up anything akin to a main though, the other two are interesting but not sure if I will enjoy their playstyles.

In terms of veterans, Charizard, Bowser and Luigi. Charizard is a character I love but never used in Brawl due to PT and I would be interested in seeing what he's like here. Bowser looks incredible in this game. Luigi is a character who I've enjoyed using every so often before and who has piqued my interest in this game as well. I wonder if Down Throw to Up B will be a combo this time around.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Just to bump this thread.

I'm also very excited about Palutena, but skeptical at the same time. In terms of design, she's very unique.

Her moveset, however, seems a lot more complicated and complex than the others. I just feel like she stands way out above the rest.

I am also hoping that Rosalina and Luma's puppetry works out well. Luma is able to do what he wants, which is questionable. Then again we can always summon Luma back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom