• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your favorite characters?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I started playing this recently. So far, I am a huge fan of Mewtwo, Roy, Link, Ganondorf, and Mario. Characters that sucked too much to be considered usable in SSBM/SSBB are finally balanced out. Of course, I'm still an Ike main, and I'm very glad his Ftilt is faster and his recovery is better now. But these three replace the characters I used to use in Brawl.

Also, question. How did the announcer have Mewtwo and Roy even though they weren't included in the final game? I speculate they were intended, hence their data left in the game, but I want to be sure.

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
For the announcers they took parts from other things the announcer says and added them together to make the name sound. You can see in "Roy" he uses R from somewhere and "oy" from his "Grab the Coins!" That is why "Mew" and "Two" sound a teensy tiny bit off.

By Favorite do you mean Main or favorite to play around with? My Main is Sonic mainly (haha see what I did thar? :p) because I love his speed and everything same goes for my favorite actually I guess. :D

Y-L

Smash Champion
As an Ike main I love Ike, but my favorite characters to watch are Falcon and Snake. They go hard.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My main is probably a tie between Lucas and mewtwo, the way they combo and move just feel right to me.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
For the announcers they took parts from other things the announcer says and added them together to make the name sound. You can see in "Roy" he uses R from somewhere and "oy" from his "Grab the Coins!" That is why "Mew" and "Two" sound a teensy tiny bit off.

By Favorite do you mean Main or favorite to play around with? My Main is Sonic mainly (haha see what I did thar? :p) because I love his speed and everything same goes for my favorite actually I guess. :D
Mains and favorites.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Favorite characters in the game that I play: the Dreamland Dreamteam -- all 3 characters from the Kirby series. I love those games and I'm really pleased with how they turned out in PM.

Favorite characters that I don't play / sorta play / am bad at playing: Wolf, Toon Link, Ike, and Mewtwo I think all have really cool designs and fun play-styles.

Droß

Smash Apprentice
When I play Lucas, I feel like he's a more agile Kirby with a tether and a higher mechanical skill ceiling (DJC, magnet momentum shifts, etc). Nairs are satisfying to land, tethering from a mile away still surprises me after 100+ games (his snake is very long), and he has an upthrow that helps ensure you kill at consistent percentages.

Skyworld is my favorite stage, too. It has such nice, vibrant color and style to it; very lively stage that isn't final destination but is still normal enough to promote tournament play on it.

Da-bomber

Smash Cadet
Falcon and Mario since smash 64, Ganon and mewtwo, and now I've added charizard to my character list.

TriforceX5

Smash Rookie
Charizard is by far my favorite character in the game. I'm going to be completely honest here, one of the main reasons I started learning Charizard was because of his tail. I kind of have a thing for large tails and being able to play as a character with a tail like that was too good to pass up. Even better was that his playstyle suited me perfectly, his aerial juggles are extremely fun to pull off and so are his tech chases. *Sigh* I want a tail like that...anyway Roy is another character I love. I always sort of liked Marth, but I didn't like his spacing playstyle and such, so I try Roy, and I realize what I've always wanted Marth to be.

I tried to learn Mewtwo for the same reasons as Charizard but I didn't end up liking the way he moved and his playstyle, other characters I'd like to learn in the future are Meta Knight and Wolf.
Sorry if I came off as a bit weird in this post :awesome:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
They actually took and edited the clips from here

Top Bottom