• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you planning to main?

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
Mains: :4metaknight:/:4greninja:

Secondaries may vary, will definitely use :4myfriends: & :4littlemac: at the very least for fun though.

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Without a doubt Im gonna test Ness, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and above all DHD. Maybe Lucina. But lets be real I think pretty much everyone wants to main either Robin or Pac-Man. This game definitely has the coolest newcomers, or the most controversial at least. TBH it seems like Little Mac is extremely OP between the priority on his grab, his KO meter, and his massive damage output, and it looks like his handicap in the air doesnt really stop him from ruling the match. I'm eager to see Little Mac's ground game take on Pac's mad aerials!

Flindigo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0735-7198
:4littlemac:I've been planning on using this guy ever since he was announced. Even before he was announced, he was my most wanted character.

I suppose my second main would have to be :4lucina: because I really like Marth and also because Lucina is bae

Edit: I just remembered that ROB is in the game, so he's my third main now.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I think most ppl will want to main Shulk bc of his Monado abilities (including me). As for other mains, I want to main:
DK, Robin, Villager, Link, Little Mac, and Ike

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Since I've been wanting him in the series before Melee I owe it to Mega Man to main him for a while.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Ive never EEEVER been fond of puppeteer characters in games because they usually handle like utter **** (Im looking at you Naruto franchise) BUUUUTTTT since Im so ****ing hard gay for Rosalina I am not even questioning how hard Im going to main her. I just saw her alt colors too and good god I am legitimately in love like 10 times over.

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
I'll be maining Robin:4robinm:. Just, so much love.

After him (or her, if she proves cooler), I'll be checking out Rosalina:rosalina: or Palutena:4palutena:. More badass ladies is never a bad thing in smash.

And then I'll be screwing around with the good Captain:4falcon: because FALCON PAUNCH.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I plan on maining :4littlemac:as of now. :4villager: is a possible dual main or secondary. I'll check out :4luigi: cuz he's my Melee main and:4kirby: cuz he's my 64 main. Also interested in:4shulk:so I'll be keeping my eye on him.

I won't ACTUALLY choose a main until I play the game a bit and see who comes natural.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Bowser, is currently the only character I am 100% sure on I want to main.
Others I want to main inlcude Bowser Jr. (Morton), Charizard, Greninja and Rosalina.
I would drop Rosalina so that I could focus more on the others, but even 4 mains seem like a lot, but I can handle it! I'll just have to see with whom I'll feel comfortable with, but Bowser Jr. is very high on my list.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
1st Main: :4littlemac:
2nd Main::4shulk:
3rd Main::4megaman:
4th Main: :4robinf:
5th Main: :4marth:
6th Main::4kirby:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I plan on testing all of the sword fighters. (I've been using them since smash 64)
But for veterans I plan on maining, I'll probably go for Link and Ike. (Marth too if he's better than what people are saying about him in smash 4.)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The roster sucks so picking a main will be a matter of playstyle, all the characters are bland, boring and have little to no star power or relevance.

I'll probably try maining Mario as I really like him on Project M, I would use Doc because of the tornado, but as someone who likes decent rosters, I can't bring myself to use or support Dr. Mario.

Also, Megaman seems nice, and Shulk, although he's a pretty boy from a series that's not Metroid or DK.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4yoshi: as the MAIN main as per usual. This time he's buffed enough that I can put up a better fight with him too.

But I've for sure had a harder time than usual picking a secondary main;

:4bowser:doesn't suck for once! I always had him as my option for heavyweight, but it appears this time I won't be fighting an ongoing uphill battle. Both:4mario: and :4luigi: are strong contenders too.

:4pacman:, Duck Hunt and Ludwig are all high on the 'Must play' newcomer list too and any of them could easily become the second main for me.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In order:
  1. :4yoshi: Duh.
  2. DHD, the only newcomer I give a **** about.
  3. :4fox: I was good with him in Brawl, and I think I'll be good with him here.
  4. :gw: I've liked his series since I got Gallery 4 after Melee, and I've recently been getting attached to the character/species after a recent dream I had.
  5. :drmario: I've been getting used to him in order to tutor the basics of Smash to a couple friends of mine. I'll use him for the same purpose here since he fits the tutorable Ryu archetype more than :4mario:. I'm also glad he's back because, as a Melee veteran, he has the same justification as Mewtwo.

Honorable mentions:

......a. :4mii:, who unfortunately are probably going to be banned.
......b. Dark Pit, who I'm taking up out of spite.

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Well, my mains right now are Mario and Peach. I'll probably keep Peach, but I MIGHT replace Mario with Doctor Mario - I'll need to try both first. But to be honest it's looking likely Doctor Mario will replace the 'ol plumber.
I also will probably try Villager, Little Mac, and a few other newcomers.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Little Mac, Greninja, the good Captain, and Duck Hunt Dog.

I can't wait.

Honorable Mention:
Miis. One of my favorite newcomers, but everyone seems to have a stick in their ass about them.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Megaman, of course. I decided that the second I saw his trailer. Maybe he'll be lacking, maybe he'll be outmatched by everyone, I don't care : he's god damn Megaman.
I'll give an honorable mention to Robin and Villager, who both seem to be extremely interesting and fun to play characters. I'll definitely pick them up as well.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Ok well I will main everyone that I did before minus :mewtwopm::lucas::wolf::c:(:sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes:

So I will main these people for sure :4myfriends::4zelda::4luigi::4dedede::4falcon::4pikachu::4zss:

Every newcomer is a possible main but I'm pretty confident I will main :4greninja::4littlemac::4robinm::4shulk:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
:4marth:- Doesn't matter if he is nerfed, he'll always be my main.

Other mains:

:4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink::4link::4zss::4villager::4palutena::4greninja::4kirby:

And Falco when he get's a proper reveal, if he does.

Big_Slim

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4076-0803
Robin, Shulk and the good ol' Doctor.

And I'll prob. end up having a secondary Ganondorf like always.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to try DHD, Bowser Jr (Or should I say Lemmy), Greninja and Robin

Although I'll only end up maining one and having a secondary. I like focusing on mostly just one character but having a second I can use in situations

It might end up being DHD and Bowser Jr because of their quirky playstyles even though I was hyped for Greninja and Robin

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit: PIT

:4palutena: PALUTENA

:4greninja: GRENINJA

:4lucina: LUCINA

:4robinf: ROBIN

:4falcon: CAPTAIN FALCON

:rosalina: ROSALINA AND LUMA

:4wiifit: WII FIT TRAINER

:4zss: ZERO SUIT SAMUS

:substitute: WARIO

:substitute: R.O.B.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My heart belongs to these 2: :4pit::4palutena: Which one will be my #1 will be a very hard choice, but there's nothing in the rule book that says I can't tie them for first. :p

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I'll try to main Robin. S/he looks like the kind of monster I'd use in Yu-Gi-Oh.
If I can't master her/him, I'll stay with Fox.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
:rosalina: Though obviously right now I have no idea who I will end up with as my main in the grand scheme,
I'm really hyped to play Rosalina!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
As per my name, I'm maining Yoshi, but I will definitely try out Little Mac as well.

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
The boring answer from me is Kirby again with Dedede & ZSS secondaries because of how much fun they were for me in Brawl, but i'll also try to incorporate Pac-Man, Greninja, Link, Mega Man and Villager at the very least.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Always planned to main :4robinm: and the more I've learned about him, the more he seems perfect for me.

Do want to give :4bowser:(Bowser Jr):4pit:(Dark Pit):4charizard::4lucina::4megaman::4villager::4luigi: and :4tlink: a try, however.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Mains::4kirby::4megaman:
Secondaries::ness2::4sonic::4lucina:

Oddpepsi

Smash Rookie
Main: Duck Hunt Dog

secondary main; Lemmy, :4yoshi::4bowser::4peach:

And I'll probably use them a lot so i may as well say, :drmario: and :rosalina:

Last edited:

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate Main:
:4jigglypuff:

Super Mains:
:4kirby::4drmario::4luigi::4falcon:

Mains:
:4lucina::4robinf::4gaw::4dedede::4palutena::4falco::4megaman::4marth:

Secondaries:
:4dk::4pacman::4tlink::4sheik::4bowser::4rob::4greninja::4wario2::4diddy::4ness::4pikachu:

I'll give them a chance to prove themselves:
:4pit::4darkpit::4samus::4ganondorf::4zelda::4metaknight::4charizard::4iggy::4fox::4duckhunt::4myfriends:

The others have no shot at making my lineup.

Last edited:

JiNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hydro_jin
Definitely gonna main :4marth::4greninja::4kirby::4robinm::ness2:

going to see how well i do with :pikachu::4link::4mii::4lucina::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi::4villager:

and my mess around/not serious characters will be :4bowser::4fox::4lucario::4luigi::4pacman:

Last edited:
Top Bottom