• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the best Lucas players on smashboards?

Levitas

the moon
I know stuff, but put galeon and APC above me for sure. They're prolly not the only ones better than me, either.

That said, I still know stuff, lol

rofa

Smash Journeyman
levitas, lucas ditto mm me next time we meet

Levitas

the moon
lol, ok. But the only one in my house who's been playing brawl within the last month is my pet rock, fred, so it's possible I might want to append a melee mm to that for even more fun.

PS, Fred's lost his touch lately. I keep 3 stocking him.

Trozz

Smash Ace
My Lucas makes other people lose their money. xD
I'd like to play against someone who can use him better.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Levitas is the only name I really remember. I want to say Earthbound360, but I think (key word, here) he uses Ness.
No no, you're right, I do use Lucas
I wont go around calling myself the best, but I thihnk Im pretty good. I wouldnt call myself the best Ness around here either [/humble]

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Saying who is best at Lucas at this point would be a complete shot in the dark. It's very hard to even judge a players ability yet because of how few Lucas players there are out there and how early in the developement of the metagame it is. Lucas still has quite a lot of potential yet to be unlocked and it will be a long while before someone truly explores and exploits his capabilities. He is a lower tier character. He will recieve the same neglect that characters like Yoshi, Ness and Mewtwo did in Melee. We just have to hope that a new Fumi, Simna or Taj will come around to make him look good.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Tyr, dont talk like that. Anyways, I highly doubt Lucas is a low tier character. From the views of other people, he seems mid tier. He's higher in my eyes of course. Im assuming your underrating is coming from the death grab right?

rel_12

Smash Apprentice

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Based off of some of the vids that i have seen, i like galeon.
not really sure if i could say he's the best, but he's pretty good in my opinion
Then again, i'm a newcomer around here so who am i to say much lol

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh yeah, Mindvirus plays a very mean Lucas. He's given me the hardest beatdown ever, but he's not very active here.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
The best Lucas I've played is my 2v2 Partner TJgamer. Here are some vids of them, please comment the vids I show you and comment on My partner's Lucas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMtwR3DdagA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUmThzRCGI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0SujYXgqQ&feature=related

Those ^^ Are our 1v1 Now here is our 2v2, kinda old but please read description

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLTP_cUizQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYfjlsD5uM&feature=related
that lucas isn't that good, but you have a solid team

blue_pizza

Smash Rookie
yea mekos is extremely good with lucas but im not sure if he comes to smashboards,if you want to try to beat him go to gamebattles.com and send him a msg or his aim is emekosa,im pretty sure hes one of the best

foxsmasher

Smash Cadet
Yes. Mindvirus is a very good lucas player the best from my clan. Although he has gotten lazy and lost interest in the game he still has some skills lol.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
He has?
Darn, I've been trying so hard to beat him at the top of his game. Now if I beat him, it wont be as nearly as satisfying lol.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Not dissing Tyr or anything, but I've played his Lucas with my Ness and Lucas and seem to win more. So if you really consider his Lucas one of the best, I guess I'd have to be up there also.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The matches against EB360 were online with ridiculous lag. I hardly consider them anywhere close to how I actually play. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd put myself up too high anyhow. Overswarm just completely destroyed my Lucas like 3 times in a row with ROB. He's crazy good. I beat his Captain Falcon though lol.

And Pika is definetly going to be higher tier than Lucas. I hate to break it to you all but Lucas is definetly low tier material. You have to be really good with him to stack up against good high tier characters. Accept it.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I've played against people who play like Anther. Siiiick. Then I discovered that my Rob murders Pikachus... but my Lucas still gets rocked by the odd pro one.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lol to the thought that lucas is higher tier than pikachu. pika has chain throws on heavy characters, has an uber recovery that is extremely difficult to gimp and has up b canceling. lucas can be chain thrown to infinity, has a recovery that is easily gimpable if you know how, and oh yeah, he is a little cry baby. if you think lucas is better than pikachu, try playing anther.

Trozz

Smash Ace
And as much as I'd like to play him, Anther never shows to the Western Canada tournaments. xD

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Lucas does more damage, faster, and can effectively combo and pressure and KO from a combo, and that's the short end of it. Lucas has better matchups vs. all of the top Tiers down to ROB except for Falco, and a good Lucas eats Pika for lunch in dittos due to stick 50% kills and magnet.

I've played Anther as well, and I picked up Pika at the start of the game, then recently again as a secondary. I can up-b cancel into whatever and all that jazz. Pika has good mixups and can present somewhat of a challenge to Snake, but his gameplay just isn't solid like Lucas', and his pokes and damage builders are generally weaker and have lower priority, and his main spammable moves, D-smash Jolt and Thunder, aren't as solid as Lucas' projectiles. Pika also has a neat grab game, chaingrabbing a lot of characters to 30-40% and following with a u-smash, and Captain Falcon to jesus and back, but Lucas has 20-30% grab combos at low % as well that can lead to gimps, as well as N-air to whatever juggles and smash setups, and PKT2!!!

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
if mekos was on here, he would probably be the best
Im the best Lucas in new england, at least that is active, and I beat mekos 3 out of the 4 times I played him. He is really good though and is probably better than me against certain characters because I choose wolf against marth and snake. I would hope and expect I wasnt the best lucas however since I only use him in like 75% of my tourney matches. Are there any Lucas ****** their local regions? Lucas ditto anyone?

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Seanson is the best lucas I've watched. and I've watched every video available.

Top Bottom