• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Are IC's Best and Worst Against?

IceZ

Smash Cadet
im not saying that, im saying that since he has started using it more... he has gone Down in rankings. You can link it or not i dc im just showing that this may be a correlation. I think it is but you dont have too again i dc.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Actually, Chu hasn't gone down in the rankings, PC just moved above him, and Ken. The fact that Chu has dropped is merely because PC moved above them. PC used to be third, no? I guess, since Chus started wobbling, PC has improved his playing.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
i already reffered to that, PC has been around for a while and was 3rd while chu was 2nd as u said. Chu Has gone down 2nd -> 3rd, this is because PC is doing better than him right? Ok but ur saying that it is because PC has gotten better rather than Chu has gotten worse. Well this is one point of view... but more likely the situation is the latter. Because as u can see in old videos Chu has lost to PC many times when he was 2nd.

Brookman

Smash Hero
PC vs. Chu has nothing to do with PC improving as a player. What you're saying is that PC hasn't improved, but Ken and Chu have gotten worse, is that correct?

IceZ

Smash Cadet
i am saying pc has been able to beat Chu for a while, the reason PC would move above Ken and Chu is because he has beaten more other opponents, which Ken and Chu have not been able to beat. Ken USED to be undefeated but now he has lost numerous matches is this because EVERYBODY has gotten better, or more reasonably that he is older doesnt practice as much nemore and has started to grow worse.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Everyone has gotten better, because you can't actually get worse at this game, considering the largest aspect of this game is mental(especially when you play marth). How is it unreasonable to think that PC/KDJ/M2K have improved? You say that EVERYBODY improved, and I don't see EVERYBODY having close matches/sets with top ranking players. Who has Ken lost to again? PC/KDJ/M2K/Azen. not EVERYBODY. They are all ridiculously skilled players.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
hmm

Actually, I am pretty sure he focuses too much on grabbing now. At least, that's how his matches with KDJ at cata 3 looked =/ He was desperate for grabs and kept falling for unspaced fair > reverse up b's.
U say here that Chu is doing worse do u not?

Brookman

Smash Hero
I said he focused too much on grabbing, not that he has gotten worse. Stay on point.

edit: I don't think Wes has gotten worse, he almost beat KDJ in tourny a month or so ago. Wes is a great player, and person and you shouldn't be insulting his skills if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
First of all doing worse is the point, and second u said "kept falling for unspaced fair" that IS doing worse.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
Wes has gotten worse that is well known in the Smash community.

"Once upon a time, HugS had to compete with Oro and Wes for the title of best Samus. The three went toe to toe, none of them pulling far ahead of the other. Since, Oro has retired and Wes has failed to place like he could in his prime. This left HugS as the premier Samus player in the United States."

Taken from Smash Wiki.

Brookman

Smash Hero
You are saying that he has gotten worse, as a player. What I mentioned was merely him being stupid, he was desperate for grabs and wasn't focusing on too much other than getting them. Also, KDJ/M2K now go Marth vs. him, as opposed to fox, which I suppose is also a result of Chu getting worse, rather than them playing smarter.

Do you not understand the concept of growth and improvement? Has PC/M2k/KDJ not improved, just everyone around them has gotten worse?

IceZ

Smash Cadet
First off, what else could worse as?

So what your saying is that Chu was never that good but because he was facing foxes he won, but when he plays vs other characters he has way more trouble winning? And also making stupid mistakes IS part of your playing... if you make them ur not as good it is VERY simple.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
OF COURSE THEYVE GOTTEN BETTER... can u understand that people can also get worse?

Brookman

Smash Hero
First off, what else could worse as?
HUH?

So what your saying is that Chu was never that good but because he was facing foxes he won, but when he plays vs other characters he has way more trouble winning?
I don't recall saying Chu was bad anywhere. Aside from those few words you put in my mouth, yes, Chu does MUCH better vs. Fox/Falco than he does vs. Marth.

And also making stupid mistakes IS part of your playing... if you make them ur not as good it is VERY simple.
Chu's mistakes aren't a matter of him getting worse though. Everyone has off days, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Chu, as I said before was focusing on wobbling, aka getting grabs. Which kdj took advantage of, making him the better player on that day/in that set, even though I do believe Chu put DJ into losers on that same day, along with PC, and many others.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
icez--for the love of god stop doubleposting you intolerable piece of nub. (no flame)

just stop. this thread is fastly become a flame war and its one that youre going to lose.

you dont know enough of Chu, Ken, Azen, KDJ, M2K, to make any kind of judgments on their game, rankings, and especially not on why. there are so many contributing factors that your are completely ignoring to make some ignorant comment like "PC is better than Chu now because..." why? cus Chu started wobbling? did PC get better? or did Chu get worse? or maybe Chu started playing Maple Story with Azen and are in a gay love journey together to find White Castle... who knows. and you dragged brookman (whose fox i love (no homo)) into it too. your arguments have already ruined this thread and is now completely off topic.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
LOLOLOL OK... Brookman u said "You are saying that he has gotten worse, as a player." (What else could he get worse as?). Also that day u r right he put dj into the losers bracket, but then lost to him after being defeated by mew2king.

"Chu's mistakes aren't a matter of him getting worse though. Everyone has off days, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes."

MISTAKES AFFECT THE OUTCOME JUST LIKE MOVES AFFECT THE OUTCOME... if ur gonna make awsome attacks but make bad mistakes ur not as good as others.

Now Buhhda u r a freaking ****** u dont make ANY points worthewhile.. its not a "flame war" we r arguing w/o insults. YOU on the other hand has to insult people to make ne point? You r saying that i am making random points... uhh no i have proven all my points. You have no proof except calling me a piece of nub... oohhh good insult and even better point (By the way that was sarcasm i know for some1 like you this may be hard to understand, BECAUSE you r a ******). And for being completely off topic HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A FORUM!!!!! Topics start out then LEAD to Different topics. PLEASE LEAVE NOW!!! you just ruined an actual arguement, by making using dumb petty insults.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
im leaving from this topic so u guys can argue but im gone u ruined it buhhda.

Aesir

Smash Master
you're no saint when it comes to the not insulting people thing..

also you're really not listening to anything we're saying so maybe its good that you leave.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Bottom line, the thing that makes players like KDJ so good is their ability to solve problems. KDJ struggles vs. Chu as fox, but sees m2k doing well with marth, so kdj tries it out, throwing in his own tricks and such. Chu will learn from the set and, hopefully do better next time. The top players are constantly improving, and the others have to improve if they want to keep up. No one is getting worse, since it's not like they become mentally challenged randomly. Also, the only area a player can get worse is is technique, since experience doesn't just disappear.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO, nobody should compare the top 7 players in the nation: ken, mew2king, pc chris, koreandj, chudat, azen, and isai. IMO they are all at ABOUT the same level and have nearly reached the limit of skill in smash, and they all beat each other. nobody's getting worse, it's just that they play each other differently at each tournament and what's important was the strategy/momentum they were using on the tournament day.

(and please, nobody refer to isai's recent singles results. he has never tried in any singles tournament ever since MLG vegas. he's still the #1 teams player in the US.)

also, buddha i agree with you now on great ic = great falcon. thanks for the insight. i've heard a lot about this matchup now and you're correct that it can certainly go both ways depending on the strategies used. i've realized that mindgammez is more important than character choice.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Ok you guys have had your fun

*CLOSED*

Edit: Oh wait, I don't have that authority... or any for that matter...

Top Bottom