• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which underrated character will be the next to break through?

Old Manondorf

Smash Rookie
Master Hand will make top tier. Just you wait..

On a serious note, G&W. BOMBSOLDIER ANNIHILATES WITH G&W.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Videos of Hack's Kirby will pop up soon enough, don't worry.

Anyway, I WANT a GaW to succeed, but I THINK that a Yoshi will do it.

Stev

Smash Ace
Why are people still mentioning Axe's Pika as if he hasn't done **** already. Pika's out of the conversation. Same with Taj's Mewtwo.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I want ganon. I really want ganon. Kage, where you at? Actually, **** that, you better not be on the internet. You better be training. In an igloo. Eating nails for breakfast. Without milk.

Also, when robots start playing smash in the distant future, yoshi will reign supreme.
I lol'd good at this!
hahahah so good!

I'm feeling Yoshi

Vectorman's got this
werd

Yoshi is top tier in Japan for a reason. I won't go into detail, but LOGIC and COMMON SENSE entails that a character based on defensively countering oppenents would be the LAST POSSIBLE THING TO DEVELOP in any game.
You can 't parry things if the metagame of what you're trying to parry against isn't evolved beyond some degree. (that's 1 of a billion examples but yeah, Yoshi IS and ALWAYS WAS viable. It can be determined through practicality.)
(Japan isn't exactly cambodia though, YL arpes harder)

Get@Will will make Falcon top tier.
Even passed Sheik :O

People don't know about 4pac yet.
LOL

It's too bad Ka Master doesn't really play anymore, I really believe he had the potential to beat a lot of great people and place extremely well with Luigi.
He did place extremely well with Luigi, even after not playing for almost a year (and getting 17th at Pound #?) and not even playing his best there. Luigi is viable, always has been. Again, logic could figure this out, it actually just make sense, but that's another derailer.

PLEASE... It sucks more when every shine you get leads to nothing... Except shine-spikes can be mad easy, lol.

Anyways, I'll say Young Link. He is top tier in Argentina or whatever....
Argentina probably has top tier Ness's that perma-jacket or something.

I intentionally ignored your joke and acted like a nazi for the sake of humor.
This got old after 0 times.

As far as I'm concerned... Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach, Jiggs, Falcon, Luigi, Pika, ICs, Doc, Mario, Ganon, Yoshi and Samus (at a minimum) have ALWAYS 'been good enough' to do VERY well at a top level (as in have 1 of each of those 15 in the top 30 players in the world at any and all given times) and it was just a matter of time and commitment from people to get there with them.

At the moment, I don't think any others can do it through 'the logic crap that is my messed up extremely excessively practicality based view of things'
BUT
There is always potential.

For characters breaking INTO that group...
G&W...? YL...maybe? M2 isn't quite there but?
Roy is messed up, but possibly close.
Some characters further than others, DK won't, Link doubt it. They've been at least developped to some point to realize 'oh they get arped'

METAKNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Mamoswine.
****ing EPIC POKEMON!!!

MULTIQUOTE!!!

leffen

Smash Champion
Yoshi is mostly tricks.
just like fox and falco. Just because techniques have flaws doesnt mean they are bad y'know, yoshi has so many variations of movement which gives him a endless amount of mixups.
They are in no way gimmicks that dont work once you've learned how to counter them lols.

Btw, yoshi ***** at breaking shields, when I started flowing I did atleast 1 per match vs good players @BEAST :D ( sadly none got recorded... possibly 1, a finnish player recorded like 1 match from his phone when they were taking turns getting ***** by my yoshi xD )

<3 Yoshis unexplored options.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm waiting on Luigi.

The mobility he has is great, and his attacks have potential as well. [generic] If only more people played him [/generic], I think he could move up a fair bit, at least to the top of Mid Tier.

The Star King

Smash Hero
just like fox and falco. Just because techniques have flaws doesnt mean they are bad y'know, yoshi has so many variations of movement which gives him a endless amount of mixups.
They are in no way gimmicks that dont work once you've learned how to counter them lols.

Btw, yoshi ***** at breaking shields, when I started flowing I did atleast 1 per match vs good players @BEAST :D ( sadly none got recorded... possibly 1, a finnish player recorded like 1 match from his phone when they were taking turns getting ***** by my yoshi xD )

<3 Yoshis unexplored options.
Breaking shields consistently in Melee, how.

Vids or it didn't happen.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This thread makes me feel like

An executive in a big corporation like Disney

Arguing over like the next pop star that they plan on introducing

"I think kids really want... Yoshi."

"No, I think Game & Watch is the next big thing. He's black. He fills a very important ethnic quota."

"Y'all are overlooking Young Link. He can light people on fire. That's in right now."

AXE 09

Smash Master
Vman usually shield stabs me before my shield can break, but he HAS broken my shield a few times lol. Not gonna lie. His shield pressure with Yoshi is like... ridiculous.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Characters I see being good are Yoshi, Game & Watch, Luigi and Kirby, not in that order.

G&W and Kirby both have situational 1HKOs while Luigi seems all round awesome if you can control him well and Yoshi has a fair bit going for him too.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ka master was awesome. Low tiers do have hidden potential, but it takes so much WORK to find it. what good player wants to lose and lose and lose, when they could just pick falco and ****? have you seen Axe's falco? DJ's samus? Smashmac's falcon? They know the game so well after maining low tiers for so long, they can beast with high tiers so easily.

AXE 09

Smash Master
^Actually, I've played Falco more than I have Pikachu. I don't know why, but somehow Pikachu just stays as my best character even if I don't play him as much as my other characters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
characters that recently proved themselves: kirby, fox, mario

i think next will be yoshi omggggg there neeeeds to be a yoshi who is on point

GO VMAN GO!

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
???
what is 'breaking out'?

Breaking into the group of tourney viable characters?
Does breaking into that group mean it happens or just that we know it's completely doable if someone did it?
Breaking into tourney winning calibur?

I'm confuzled as to what this is all about...

Top Bottom