• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which to use?

Holmboy

Smash Rookie
So, I'm wondering which character I should main? Toon Link or Wolf? I know they are both very good, and I'm having trouble deciding. Any opinions on who's the better character?

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I will tell you the same thing everyone else will. Try both and see which you feel most comfortable with. We do not know how the tiers will work out so its useless speculating. You do not have to play one exclusively so play the one you like best as your main and keep practicing with the other as well.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
I had the same thoughts on both characters. I played Wolf one night for 8 hours straight, Toon Link the next for 8 hours straight. I find Toon Link far more fun overall. He just has a lot more you can do with him speed wise and ranged wise. All in all I suggest a similar method if you're dead set on playing just one.

Fishin

Smash Rookie
"Whichever you like more" is a good sentiment, since you haven't actually stated your basis upon which your character choice is based besides the question at the end. As for that question of who's the better character, I'd say Toon Link. They both have similar speed but T.Link has better projectiles and seems to have more reach as well. Plus, he's got that amazing Up Smash.

Holmboy

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm just sorta looking for some of your opinions. I really like them both, but right now I'm sort of leaning toward Toon Link.

Thanks for all the replies so far though.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm wondering which character I should main? Toon Link or Wolf? I know they are both very good, and I'm having trouble deciding. Any opinions on who's the better character?

Why can't you choose them both? Take me for example, when my TL just can't seem to dish out the punishment to beat another player, I can always rely on my Marth to do the job. And vice versa.

Just don't limit yourself to one character :].

Nate the Grate

Smash Rookie
toon link.

wolf is just another clone, and spacies are annoying to begin with. every noob likes them

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Like people have posted before, it is your style of gameplay that determines which character you like. If you enjoy heavy hit KO's, then use Wolf. However, if you like to dish out some combo strats for the crowd to be impressed, not to mention some easy DAir Kills, then go with TL. Either way, they're both good characters and should not be overlooked.

Top Bottom