• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Smash 64 stage would you want as DLC?

Stage Selection

• Dream Land

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Hyrule Castle

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Mushroom Kingdom

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Peach's Castle

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Planet Zebes

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Saffron City

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Sector Z

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Yoshi's Island

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
So Congo Jungle 64 being included is pretty cool, although it was incredibly lazy not to completely remake it in HD.

If a classic stage were to return as DLC (hopefully with glorious HD facelifts, but not likely) which would you want the most, and why? I'd have to go with Planet Zebes. Norfair and Pyrosphere just aren't cutting it for me to represent Samus. Pyrosphere is fun the first time, and that's about it. Norfair's stage hazard is more annoying and intrusive than the old Zebes in my opinion.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Hyrule castle of course, not without the tornado though.

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
Either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City. I love the feel of fighting on top of high buildings/ castles.
I love omega Wrecking Crew for that reason. Hyrule Castle and Saffron City are obviously more interesting, but it just looks cool with the skyline in the background. I feel like there should be some basketball hoops and stands up there though.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Saffron City and Hyrule Castle for sure.

They'd have to be in HD though. I don't think those old pokemon would carry over well.

Khao

Smash Lord
My favorite two stages on the N64 were always Sector Z and Hyrule Castle by a landslide. Getting either of those back would be awesome, don't care if they want to update the graphics or keep them as-is, I'd just love being able to play on them once again.

xTeru

Smash Cadet
Dreamland because it's my favorite stage and hyrule castle because I played a lot on it

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Saffron City is a must. I want Kanto back! Hyrule Castle or Sector Z would be my 2nd pick.

Ideally I would love all of them to come back.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Them all. But Metal Cavern and Hyrule Castle are good too. Saffron City would be nice, although I do feel the two Pokemon League stages decently represented the "random Pokemon show up" aspect.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Don't make me choose between Dream Land and Hyrule Castle! D:
This, in a nutshell :) But to add something constructive, I actually like keeping the original designs rather than HD remakes like in PM3.5. It recalls the Past Stages from Melee and for some reason the fancy models juxtaposed onto the old stuff is a nice clash.

Even though I'm a Temple fan I'd much rather have 8 player Hyrule Castle than 8 player Temple. Seems like it would be more legit tournament wise if we were to go with the 4v4 format.

P.S. @ Nitric Acid Nitric Acid : How do you main Twilight Sparkle? I have Toph, Goku, Dexter, Tommy and Chuckie as potential mains so I assume she's a mii too but would like to know more specifics. What does she look like? What's her moveset?

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Zebes to make up for the lack of Brinstar. Even though I'm the only person in my friend circle who likes Brinstar.

Second choice would be Hyrule Castle, with Dream Land or Yoshi Story as my third choice candidates. Absolute last choice is Sector Z.

But honestly, why not just bring 'em all?

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
P.S. @ Nitric Acid Nitric Acid : How do you main Twilight Sparkle? I have Toph, Goku, Dexter, Tommy and Chuckie as potential mains so I assume she's a mii too but would like to know more specifics. What does she look like? What's her moveset?
It does look a bit like Twilight Sparkle, doesn't it? :laugh: It's actually Mewtwo, as illustrated by @ Khao Khao . Poor guy doesn't have an official icon yet, being a DLC character.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
It does look a bit like Twilight Sparkle, doesn't it? :laugh: It's actually Mewtwo, as illustrated by @ Khao Khao . Poor guy doesn't have an official icon yet, being a DLC character.
I thought it might have been, but those eyes, those cheeks, that...hair?

Edit: I found all of Khao's sprites, they're all super-deformed (and not in the chibi way), but I'm still calling him some amalgamation of Mewtwo and Twilight...Mewlight? Twitwo?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm just glad it was my favorite n64 stage that was in.

But I'd love to see Saffron City too.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Sector Z, followed by Hyrule Castle.

Darkwing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1864-0196
What stage, out of every stage to exist in a Smash title, regardless if it's 64, Melee, or Brawl, would you most want to return in Smash U Face?

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Personally I would like to see Peach have her own stage again.

But that's just favoritism talking.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's Island can't return, considering the stage's music is used in Melee's Yoshi's Island. Would be weird to have the stage but not the music.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
Probably Saffron City, but hyrule and dream land are a close second. If it were possible to get all 3 of these as DLC, i would be so happy

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Hyrule Castle, Dream Land and Fountain Of Dreams.

Lets just imagine those in HD for now.:love:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
It's awesome to have Congo Jungle in it's original glory, actually.

Also, Dream Land-Hyrule Castle tie for me.

Top Bottom