• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

justice

Smash Ace
Okay on the vote list why did Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun make it instead of Raichu who also co starred in a Pokemon movie?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
raichus ugly. We dont want to scare our younger smash fans do we?
anyway, lucario finally overtook that d4mn chiken (speaking of ugly pokemon)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Come on, Bulbasaur has been around way too long to be ignored again.

And where are THE REGI'S in all this? They were massive in R/S/E (go Registeel)

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
voted for meoth charizard and Grimer.
Did you look through the forums or some of the posts in this thread before voting? If you just like them, then ok. However, we can't just pop up ideas out of our heads and think that it's a miracle without any thought.

Meowth: small, weak, not many moves he owns (the ones he learns without tms or hms).

Charizard: a possibility, I mean come on: fire/flying/dragon (it's not a bird) can most certainly fit into the game as a playable character.

Grimer: small, weak, screwed once pushed off the ledge.

This is just IMO; of course there's more pros and cons we could list, but the real question is: Do they have what it takes to make it into Brawl?

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Jacker i have to thank you for a great question of should they make it into brawl.

i think there shouldn't be any more electric pokemon, why not some grass pokemon, or a fighting pokemon???

something awesome, not a really gay pokemon.... sorry you little sparky babies*pika is ok*

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
:urg: Swampert's not doing so well. See my swampert thread here.http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90614

I say swampert paras and missigno. Oh, and lucario. Meganium is my other favorite, but not there.
Hi marthsword! I totally agree, I'm still fully supportive of Swampert! BTW, I'm glad I could help with the Swampert moveset (I would've posted this on your thread, but it got killed... pity...:( )

What would make Swampert so great? I won't go into the 'becuz he's cool' thing, although I think Swampert is an awesome Poke'mon.:p

Let's look at it like this... Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ness, Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Link, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, and Roy (*gasp of air*) all use fire power in some way, shape, or form in their attacks. Blaziken, a fire/fighting type, would simply be another addition to that.

Now then, how many characters use water?

Exactly my point. True, the Ice Climbers use FROZEN water, and Mr. Game and Watch has oil, but that isn't a TRUE form of actual water usage. Swampert would be an excellent addition if Brawl was looking to add some true water-elemental fighters.

Granted, though, I don't think any starter Poke'mon will make it in. Poor Miko (Swampert):( . At least that means Blaziken wouldn't get in.:)

I think probably the most LOGICAL choices would be Deoxys and Lucario. One to represent the third gen, and one to represent the fourth. Was Lucario legendary? I don't remember, but if he is that would be another plus for him.

Meowth also could stand a decent chance. In the Poke'mon games, the star (well, besides the trainer technically) would be your starter Poke'mon. Yet Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita, or any of their evolutions didn't make it into the star slots for SSB/SSBM. Same thing will probably be true for Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic, Pocchama, Naetoru, and Hikozaru.

The current Poke'mon that made it into Melee (Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo) had popularity gained through the anime series (Although Pikachu was the starter in Yellow and Mewtwo was the legendary/"final boss" Poke'mon in R/B/Y).

Pikachu was just an ordinary Poke'mon in Red/Blue, but we all know what a significant role he plays in the anime as the lead/favorite Poke'mon of Satoshi.

Jigglypuff followed the trio of heroes around almost everywhere, singing into her cute little microphone that also doubled as a marker to scribble on the faces of her sleeping audience. I always enjoyed her little doodles.;) :laugh:

Mewtwo had three movies (Origin of Mewtwo, Poke'mon the First Movie, and Mewtwo Strikes Back) and is commonly seen in the opening music segments for the anime series.

Pichu has had several mini-movies (including a fairly enjoyable one, I thought, on Poke'mon Channel) and being related to Pikachu was also a boost for her popularity.

The smaller cat Poke'mon has been on 99.9%-if not all- of the episodes of the anime since episode 2, and has been in all the movies. He is also one of the most popular Poke'mon (especially in Japan), and almost had his own videogame for the Cube, like Pikachu did (it was cancelled for America, but I'm not sure if it was still released in Japan). With that much popularity, he could also be an easy choice for Brawl, along with the legendaries... Meowth, that's right! XD

Oh, and I agree with justice, I would've liked to see Raichu on the poll; he should have made it into Melee rather than Pichu.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Hi marthsword! I totally agree, I'm still fully supportive of Swampert! BTW, I'm glad I could help with the Swampert moveset (I would've posted this on your thread, but it got killed... pity...:( )

What would make Swampert so great? I won't go into the 'becuz he's cool' thing, although I think Swampert is an awesome Poke'mon.:p

Let's look at it like this... Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ness, Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Link, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, and Roy (*gasp of air*) all use fire power in some way, shape, or form in their attacks. Blaziken, a fire/fighting type, would simply be another addition to that.

Now then, how many characters use water?

Exactly my point. True, the Ice Climbers use FROZEN water, and Mr. Game and Watch has oil, but that isn't a TRUE form of actual water usage. Swampert would be an excellent addition if Brawl was looking to add some true water-elemental fighters.
Yes that's a valid point you bring up for Swampert: no other water characters. Even the trailer didn't reveal anything about water.

I think probably the most LOGICAL choices would be Deoxys and Lucario. One to represent the third gen, and one to represent the fourth. Was Lucario legendary? I don't remember, but if he is that would be another plus for him.
Yes definetly the most logical choices here for pokemon character suggestions. However, like xian said: you can't use generations as a reason to put them into brawl. Sorry, but Lucario wasn't a legendary ;).

Meowth also could stand a decent chance. In the Poke'mon games, the star (well, besides the trainer technically) would be your starter Poke'mon. Yet Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita, or any of their evolutions didn't make it into the star slots for SSB/SSBM. Same thing will probably be true for Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic, Pocchama, Naetoru, and Hikozaru.

The current Poke'mon that made it into Melee (Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo) had popularity gained through the anime series (Although Pikachu was the starter in Yellow and Mewtwo was the legendary/"final boss" Poke'mon in R/B/Y).

Pikachu was just an ordinary Poke'mon in Red/Blue, but we all know what a significant role he plays in the anime as the lead/favorite Poke'mon of Satoshi.

Jigglypuff followed the trio of heroes around almost everywhere, singing into her cute little microphone that also doubled as a marker to scribble on the faces of her sleeping audience. I always enjoyed her little doodles.;) :laugh:

Mewtwo had three movies (Origin of Mewtwo, Poke'mon the First Movie, and Mewtwo Strikes Back) and is commonly seen in the opening music segments for the anime series.

Pichu has had several mini-movies (including a fairly enjoyable one, I thought, on Poke'mon Channel) and being related to Pikachu was also a boost for her popularity.

The smaller cat Poke'mon has been on 99.9%-if not all- of the episodes of the anime since episode 2, and has been in all the movies. He is also one of the most popular Poke'mon (especially in Japan), and almost had his own videogame for the Cube, like Pikachu did (it was cancelled for America, but I'm not sure if it was still released in Japan). With that much popularity, he could also be an easy choice for Brawl, along with the legendaries... Meowth, that's right! XD

Oh, and I agree with justice, I would've liked to see Raichu on the poll; he should have made it into Melee rather than Pichu.
Yes popularity is a huge element in this decision. IMO, Meowth wasn't that popular. He never really did much on Team Rocket and they did one episode on his background, then re-mentioned it maybe once or twice. Jigglypuff however, doesn't really play an important role in the show. That is exactly why Jigglypuff is important: when she showed up, you had to expect something special to happen. The other pokemon in the bros series are in by default.

If there's anything else on Jigglypuff or other info I forgot to mention, don't be afraid to let me know ;).

Justice sorry, but we already have Zapdos as a pokeball :p. Though while we're talking about pokeball suggestions, I'll post my friend's idea on a pokeball option:

Jirachi: When released, it flys around the air for two, three seconds. After this time, it calls down oh 10, 20 warp stars (he never specified how many) to plunge from the sky into the ground and they hit around the area Jirachi is floating within.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
A new poll must be made in replacement of this one as soon as Diamond and Pearl are released in every region of the world and the 10th movie is announced. Polls this early mean nothing, and Pokémon mentioned at Sakurai's poll mean nothing, either. That was during June and July, and even Japanese people didn't have a solid knowledge of new-generation Pokémon.

I'd love to see Deoxys in Super Smash Bros. Brawl because of his form versatility. The same way the transforming concept was introduced with Zelda, and the tag-team concept was introduced with Popo & Nana, Deoxys has the potential to innovate the Super Smash Bros. standards in his own way as a very unique and innovative playable character. His 4 forms -Attack, Defense, Speed, Normal- can be implemented in these ways:
  • Make them appear as short-lasting forms inside battles when using specific moves.
  • Let them be stat-wise/move-wise different Deoxys transformations inside battle, changeable either by using a special move or any another way (perhaps by taunting or defending).
  • Let them be non-functional "costumes" selectable before battle.
  • Let them be stat-wise/move-wise different characters, selectable before battle
The bad thing about Deoxys is that he is getting old. His movie star appearance happened long ago, so there's almost nothing for Nintendo to promote Deoxys besides 3rd generation's RPG games and RPG spin-offs. Still, Deoxys is one of my answers to my interpretation of this poll's question, "what Pokémon should be in Brawl".

I can almost guarantee that Lucario will be in SSBB. No game plot supports this much from what I know. It's a rare Pokémon, though. And the heavy animé influences in the Pokémon selected for SSB games make valid the assumption that Lucario can be there because of his animé fame. He seems like a fourth-generation Pokémon very suitable to fight, and can learn many Pokémon moves that can be translated to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (including the non-contact move Pulse Bomb). Probably not in a fashion as creative as Deoxys's, but he can. He has also been featured in miscellaneous Pokémon banners, not only from the movie. I'm sure many people like what he looks like.

No RPG starters (besides Pikachu) have been featured as playable, since they have to beat their colleagues to make it to a SSB game roster. And those colleagues keep appearing, and Blaziken has another lookalike now (in terms of appearance and Pokémon type), which happens to be Sinnoh's Fire-type starter. Plus, starter Pokémon should keep appearing from Poké Balls, no matter how much "Fighting-type" they are if Nintendo wants to keep being impartial to what was the first Pokémon the gamers chose when playing all of the 4 generations of games. This goes for Blaziken, Swampert, Bulbasaur & evolutions, Charizard, and Sceptile.

Goukazaru​

Meowth? Of course he can make it!! He's almost as iconic as Pikachu when it comes to Pokémon overall, and not only of the animé. Meowth is a good alternative I could think for Jigglypuff if they ever decided to replace it (don't punish me for that Jigglypuff comment... Think for a moment about foundations of SSB character selection instead of its excellence as a SSBM character). Contrary to what many non-Pokémon fans think, he doesn't have to be seen as a human-voiced Meowth, or a Meowth who organizes parties for all Pokémon and has a guitar. Meowth should use standard Pokémon moves, and there are tons of them for the Meowth species. Slashes, Scratches, Faint attacks, Bites, Fake Out, Pay Day, Thief... And even new moves like Repeat and Blade Test. Please, please, don't be deceived by that SSBM trophy: it was obviously made to promote Meowth's appearance as an important character in spin-offs. That has weight, and his protagonism in the animé has weight, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have to use moves that Team Rocket's Meowth couldn't use (like Pay Day).

Heracross is very used in online battles and everybody knows he PWNs everyone. But there's nothing relevant on it in game plots or animé movies. The same goes for Scyther. Bugs is what inspired Tajiri to create Pokémon. But even though I can see all of them fighting as SSB standard characters, I don't see them making it to SSBB.

Dragonite is a uber Pokémon with many plot-wise important appearances in animé and games, and is also very rare. But that's not enough for it to be selected instead of other potential Pokémon playable characters. Dragonite will never be major enough unless you're talking about a Pokémon-only SSB-like game (where stuff like its stats and Pokédex position will favor it).

Poliwhirl is Tajiri's favorite Pokémon. It's a Water-type Pokémon that could fight well as a standard SSB character. He's featured very often in logos, artworks, and banners. Water-type moves, Normal-type moves, Ice-type moves, Ground-type moves, and a Hypnosis plus Awaken Slap can be given to it if you wish. But other than its moveset versatility and the fact that he's the teacher's favorite, that's all.

I don't understand why are Sandslash, Paras, Sneasel, Grimer, or MissingNo. there. I guess some of them are jokes.

Buoysel has nothing relevant to it, unless you're still infected by the "first shown, most important" virus. The same goes for Weavile.

Munchlax is beyond that virus :). It's been said that Munchlax was intended to be the new Pikachu as the flagship Pokémon character. Munchlax has been one of the protagonists in the animé and has been given unique roles in pre-fourth generation games. A character as important as Snorlax could be thought as one with low-to-medium chances to appear in a SSB game, but it's too qualitatively big. Munchlax isn't, but it's still like a mini-Snorlax. I can see this guy competing with Meowth and Jigglypuff for a slot in the SSBB roster; not only due to their importance, but also because of their Pokémon type.

Lugia is an interesting pick; I had never thought of it. Its appearance as XD001 (aka Shadow Lugia) may give it some weight... Or might have given that weight to it, if only SSBB had appeared right after Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. That was almost the only thing that made Lugia different from Ho-Oh in terms of importance. We learn later that it can indeed be purified, so the "important Lugia" was just a temporary status of that regular Lugia we know (unless you count that uber moveset it gained when purified, which is something minor anyway). Maybe Lugia looks more suitable to fight than Ho-Oh, but that doesn't really matter as they share almost the same animé and game importance.

I don't understand why Kadabra appeared in this poll instead of Alakazam. Isn't Alakazam more powerful, important, and a better representative of Psychic-type Pokémon? Alakazam has never been sued unlike Kadabra, and has had bigger roles than Kadabra in animé and games. Still not that major anyway.

Gengar would also be a good representative of Ghost-type Pokémon, and has a lot of compatible moves. It has legs, which can make it seem like a more standard SSB character than other Ghost-type Pokémon like Haunter (for example). It kicks ***** in Pokémon battles, and has been given big roles in animé and games. But they're not that major, either.

No need for Pichu Bros., or at least not for them named like that (Pichu Big and Pichu Little). In fact, Pichu Bros. already were in Super Smash Bros. Melee, under the standard Pichu character as avatar; Event 48 shows it. The same way as Mewtwo can be seen as animé's Mewtwo (because of the Shadow Ball), and Pikachu can be seen as Ash's Pikachu (because of Red's hat), and Jigglypuff can be seen as animé's Jigglypuff (because of its song), Pichu can be seen as Pichu Big or Pichu Little from the animé and spin-off games. Plus I'm sure most Pokémon fans or SSBM experts dislike Pichu being in SSBM. A nerd part of me makes me feel happy that Pichu makes honor to its Pokédex description by hurting itself in battle, but that's all. Nintendo, please remove Pichu.

About Plusle & Minun, with all respect, the one who made this poll needs a serious scolding for showing them at the same level of "dirty rat" as Pichu Bros. are. WTF, people. Plusle & Minun could indeed make it to Super Smash Bros. Brawl! No, they are not random colored Pichus! I've seen people disagreeing with the idea of a potential Plusle & Minun tag team. Some people argue that we've had enough with Ice Climbers, and I'm not sure if those people had originally played Ice Climber to begin with. Sure, that tag-team concept in SSBM was beautiful. Two characters in one, with no lag, and by giving you the chance to control them both and enhance your moves when you have both of them alive. But they weren't originally that teamed-up to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not despising them; I loved having them in SSBM because Ice Climber was one of my favorite classic NES games at that time; I'm just saying why Plusle & Minun should not be seen conceptually as a "copy" of Ice Climbers, since they are not. Plusle & Minun are the tag team by excellence. They need each other to be powerful, they have attacks that help each other to become more powerful, and ultimately, they look like a conceptual pair, even more logical than a girlfriend-boyfriend or cat-dog pair; they are pure opposite electrical poles. Plus and Minus, Plusle and Minun. Two Pokémon that serve as the first-to-come-to-mind symbol for Pokémon Double Battles, an important Pokémon concept that appeared in 3rd Generation, right after SSBM, unfortunately. It's unfortunate, because I'm sure Plusle & Minun would have been the absolute pioneers of that tag-team concept. Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong? It could work, and they would be cool to use, but Dixie and Diddy are so unique and different that the chances to make them lone characters shouldn't be wasted. What makes more sense for a graceful and true-to-the-game tag team than Plusle & Minun? Few Pokémon would, and these days you see Plusle & Minun replacing Pichu in official Pokémon merchandise and banners. No more Pichu accompaining Pikachu. It's Plusle and Minun now. Protagonists of movies and spin-offs, always together. Plus they don't have to be hurt after making a move unlike Pichu (for those who are still thinking so). The only bad thing I see on Plusle & Minun is the fact that Electric-type Pokémon would be being over-represented. That's in a set of about 5 Pokémon, though. In a set of 6, it wouldn't be that bad.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan would have almost the same problem as the starters, or a group of TLoZ sages. Fan favoritism would be paid or punished here. Do you need a Fighting-type Pokémon? Go with Lucario! And remember, these two characters are often seen a pair, especially if you only refer to the Kanto plot, but there's also Hitmontop even since before SSBM appeared.

Eevee is an important Pokémon, as it has so many evolved forms (a total of 7 at the time SSBB appears). It was also your starter Pokémon in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, and the pre-evolved form of your starters from Pokémon Colosseum. Definitely a symbol of the entire Pokémon franchise. Its plot-wise importance is so high, I'm sure it would deserve a slot in SSBB if the Pokémon roster was based strictly on games. Which is not what has happened until SSBM; a heavy animé influence has been seen there, evidenced by cameos and references to the first three Pokémon movies. Some guy I knew suggested a tag team of Espeon and Umbreon as a reference to Pokémon Colosseum, but then again, Plusle and Minun are better for that.

Cubone seems as random as Paras, Sneasel, Weavile, and Grimer. It seems suitable to fight, though (as well as Sneasel and Weavile). Why I'm mentioning it separately? Because its evolved form, Marowak, has a bit of more importance than an average Pokémon. Remember the Marowak ghost from Pokémon Tower? That's already some important role Marowak has been given in games. That makes Marowak as important as Snorlax, Sudowoodo, and Kecleon, as the four of them are Pokémon species you must meet in order to continue to some places in your adventure.

So I suggest making a new poll for this later, when the characters to appear in the 10th Pokémon movie are announced, around February or March. I suspect Pachirisu and Darkrai, two Sinnoh Pokémon, might be given some importance in the future. Remember SSBB's release date is months ahead. This is pure speculation of my own.

Summarizing, if I had to classify those Pokémon in tiers, I'd give them these rankings, as of December, 2006 (remember, threads and opinions like these get old with time):

Very high chances:
Lucario

High chances:
Munchlax, Plusle & Minun

Medium chances:
Deoxys, Meowth

Low chances:
Starters, Poliwhirl, blockers

Very low chances:
Anybody else in the poll

Get ready to Brawl!​

Corinth

Smash Cadet
I agree with you for the most part, Johans

But, I don't think Plusle & Minun has THAT much of a chance. Lucario or Deoxys will definetley be considered before Plusle&Minun

(Lucario is beating Blaziken! Yey!)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Lucario and Blaziken both should be in the game. Both characters are very cool and would fit the game perfect I think. I mean both fighting and are bulit perfect for the game. I think Blaziken would be awsome in the game personally. I love him he would be my vote for sure to be in Brawl.

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
Lucario's one of the best new Pokemon there are. He's got a huge movepool, including some rareties like Extremespeed and Anticipate, as well as Pulse Bomb. Actually, Pulse bomb can be learned by Mew, Mewtwo, Togetic's evo and the two new flagship legendaries. Although Lucario's the only one that has a reasonable time to get it, the legendaries get it at Lv:99, and Togetic's evo gets it at Lv:1, meaning you have to use that move tutor guy.

Lucario, although not legendary, is actually a one-off still, you have to hatch the egg you get from Steel Isle, then evolve the hatched Rioru.

Funny thing about the fire argument. Did you know that Lucario can learn Blaze Kick? I didn't think so. In fact, Deoxys and Munchlax can learn Fire type moves too. Darkrai can learn Will-o-Wisp, due to being a Ghost type. Most Pokemon's movepools have received a siginificant boost in some way or another. On the other hand, there's only 5 new Fire types, three are the starters, one's Magmar's evo and the last is the Fire/Steel legendary Hiidoran. Unless you count Aruseus of course, but he's Normal type by default.

Weavile doesn't entirely fit into the first shown argument. He's also the last non-legendary in the Shinou Pokedex and it's strength is on par with Lucario (and that's saying something). He's aso featured in the anime occasionally.

With representing of types, yes, I'd think a Water type would be interesting. However, grass, dark, dragon, steel, flying, poison, bug, ice, ground, rock, ghost, fighting and fire are all yet to have a Pokemon representing their type, so don't get your hopes up. I just hope no more electric types are included.

Just another thought I had. Although it's yet to make an anime appearance and is reletively unknown, I tihnk Erureido would suit Smash well. It's a Psychic/Fighting type, and has high physical attack and high sp. def. Put simply, a special sweeper killer. It's also as fast as Blaziken. Erureido is actually a swordsman Pokemon, and can learn every move to do with a blade in the book (Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Blade Test, Psycho Cutter and Slash). Mind you, he would be another swordsman. But they still haven't shown the Fire Emblem characters, so what they've shown isn't all the swordsmen yet.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Well, here are a few 4th generation pokemon that could be plausible:
Gregguru/Dokurogu (poison/fighting frog thing)
I think Brock owns a Gregguru, its a poison type and a poison type could be unique and interesting, plus its also a fighting type and its humanoid. It could be awsome.
I think Brock has been on the episode for the 2nd longest time next to Ash so him having a pokemon on Brawl could be nice.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
dash it, im gonna make a dokurogu thread. that pokemon auctually looks pretty cool, like a punk. who knows, a few emos might want to buy ssbb because they like the look of it XD

BladeofKeyZ

Smash Rookie
I'm anticipating MissingNo at the moment. I can't wait to see it's move set in action which probably includes Item Replica, Flight, Random Move Exploit, Quick Attack, and the ever infamous Game Glitch Out.

Battle Fire

Smash Rookie
bra even though paras is good and all and so is hitmonlee....the fact of the matter is still that everyone would rather have the rarer and most better pokemon in there like lucario.

just for the record im answering to the first post on pg 1

cba

Smash Master
munchlax, missigno, lucario, deoxys.
and probably the pichu bros. they would be like the ice climbers.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I agree with you for the most part, Johans

But, I don't think Plusle & Minun has THAT much of a chance. Lucario or Deoxys will definetley be considered before Plusle&Minun
An expert anti-Deoxys would probably argue that Deoxys is not like Mewtwo, and that he is more like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Shyem, since Mewtwo's inmediate availability gives him more recognition among gamers. If HAL has taken as a rule that translation from availability difficulty to legendary Poké Ball Pokémon that do nothing besides giving you bonus points (Mew, Celebi), then there's nothing we can do.

However, he fits better in what the Super Smash Bros. series has but must keep besting in: innovation. The Pokémon Universe is so big, its creatures can make a difference. And Deoxys seems good for that.

I favor Deoxys because of that, and that's why I mentioned him first, but let's not forget the SSBB producers must choose Pokémon that are flagships for Pokémon and its various concepts and those that are used to promote recent or future merchandise, and not only those who are humanshape / powerful / most used in online battles.

If Deoxys is still considered important at that time (7th movie vs. 8th, 9th, and 10th movie) or they want to recreate Destiny Deoxys with a Pikachu & Pichu-like event match, then that would mean good news.

(Lucario is beating Blaziken! Yey!)
People who want Blaziken as a SSBB playable character should research on Goukazaru (and vice-versa). People who want Gardevoir as a SSBB playable character should go research on Erlade (and vice-versa).

Again, the best thing would be a new poll around next February or March. Not even Japanese gamers can predict the Pokémon sub-roster properly for now. After that, bet money if you wish.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I really want Ditto in Brawl. He would add a whole new dimension to Brawl and would be a really cool character to play as. Or any of the ghost pokemon (Gengar, Misdreavus, Shedinja)

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
I chose Sandslash and Cubone, why? They are small, light, and agile units perfect for super smash. When you think about it, what is dragonite's walk and attack animations? Picture it, you can't see dragonite running through the screen can you? Well you could... Sandslash has fast speed and quick scratches and everything, I see combos :D For Cubone it would be cool if he throws his bone and comes back to him like Link's boomerang. But when it hits an enemy, it bounces off of them and hits the floor, then Cubone must retrieve it to use it again. If the bone falls to the endless pit outside the stage then it will come back to the edge of the stage or something in like 2 seconds or something like that and if Cubone dies before he gets his bone back then it will just dissapear like how the Ice Climber dies then Nana just dissapears. I didn't choose Lucario, Blaizeken, or Deoxys because frankly I don't like them. I fail to see why everyone likes them so much, they don't even look cool >< The original pokemon are so much better than the other generations, cause after the original pokemon, they just base their new pokemon off of old ones, and having baby pokemon and even higher evolutions. (Onix to Steelix, Pichu, etc...)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
umm.. well i would picture Dragonite gliding over the ground in his dashing animation. Marowak looks cool and i would enjoy using him but I dont think Sandslash is popular at all. anyway click on my picture of Dragonite in my sig if you cant picture him in SSBB

kaid

Smash Master
Question: If the poll was reset with the following choices, what would you pick?

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Pichu Bros/Plusle Minun pair
"Meowth! the TV show was AWESOME!"
"Who the he77 are these? I quit after the first 151!"

Sulphur

Smash Rookie
Meowth should be in there with pikachu, instead of pichu who's just a watered down pikachu clone. Pichu is cool in the pokemon games and all, but in melee he didn't have any distinctive qualities seperating him from pikachu. Meowth has more character development and would be a completely different fighter.

Also, they should have the meowth as the talking one from the series. When he attacks he can say snippets like "meeOWTH!" or "take this!"

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Question: If the poll was reset with the following choices, what would you pick?

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Deoxys and Meowth FTW. If I could only pick one.... meh, I'd pick Deoxys. We need some 3rd gen rep in the game.:)

Blaziken FTL!:p

Jacker128

Smash Cadet

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Oh come on you know what I'm going to say, but I mind as well say it anyways...

Lucario > Other possible choices

Reason: your thread ;).

cba

Smash Master
talking on one of the 3rd gen. i would pick lucario then munchlax
(even though kaid didnt mention him)

Emersai_the_Prophet

Smash Apprentice
seeing that i dont know many pokemon after the first 151 and although his is not on the list i would also have to say sandshrew would be an awesome pokemon to be in ssbb. reason in point. In episode 8 of the first pokemon series Ash met a trainer who had a sandshrew of unbelieveable power that could even withstand swimming in a pool of water while wearing some kind of appendige pulling device. and sandshrew easily overtook all the pokemon that he was pitted agenst. these might not be the best reasons but comeon sandshrew is cute and bada$$ a lethal combo.... much like puerto rican women (not ment as a racial slur at all)

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
Mew anyone? No maybe yes....cmon people it would be mewtwos similar character! ok maybe not

Jesus is the last unlockable character in ssbb, He gets resurrected after 3 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom