• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I really feel like they don't need to add any Pokemon to Brawl. Pokemon isn't as popular as it was when Melee came out. As long as Jigglypuff is still in the game, I can rest easy when it comes to Pokemon.

Now, the pokemon in pokeballs, that's a different story.

mwinship1

Smash Rookie
Missingno?? heck no!!

I seriously doubt they're gonna put Missingno in the game since 1. there arent many people who even know about this so-called Pokemon 2. it isn't even a real Pokemon 3. it's just a glitch in the game, and 4. I don't see how it could possibly be a playable character in Brawl since it's just a bunch of random pixles. I think they should definetly put Blaziken in Brawl, I think he would probably have the same attributes as C. Falcon and Ganondorf.

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt they're gonna put Missingno in the game since 1. there arent many people who even know about this so-called Pokemon 2. it isn't even a real Pokemon 3. it's just a glitch in the game, and 4. I don't see how it could possibly be a playable character in Brawl since it's just a bunch of random pixles. I think they should definetly put Blaziken in Brawl, I think he would probably have the same attributes as C. Falcon and Ganondorf.
i think it was only supposed to be a joke. obviously missingno will not get in

Makaris

Smash Rookie
Duh! Charizard. Hell, Charizard would be easy and you could make Ridley a clone of him. That's two birds with one stone. Next.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Charizard? I doubt he will be in the game. There is way more better choices to pick from. Thats like saying add Blastoise in the game.

Makaris

Smash Rookie
Many people want Ridley. Adding Charizard could practically be done as an afterthought.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Why?

It makes no sense to have charazard in the game. When there are much better pokemon to be picked from. Can you see Blastoise being in the game no. Well Charizard isn't much different. I think you just needed to think about this longer before you replied.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It didn't make sense since your logic was based on opinion.

Edit: Blastoise and Charizard both being starter pokemon doesn't mean anything. If you had said, "Putting Charizard in the game would be as bad of an idea as putting Blastoise in," that would have made sense.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Well thanks for clairifying that. I can see what you mean now. And yes it was based on opinion. Yet it still would be a bad idea putting either in the game.

Abhorsen

Smash Cadet
I haven't read through however many pages and i'm not going to but this is just what I think may happen...

Pikachu is already confirmed and Jiggly "should" be coming back. I will be extremely surprised if Jiggly doesn't make a comeback. Pichu asked to die since his creation in SSBM and Mewtwo is well... borderline. They either need to redo Mewtwo completely for him to stay or take him out altogether. I'm thinking we're either gonna get 6 ot 7 Pokemon in Brawl. I'm betting it will go something like: 1-3 is going to be R/B/Y pokemon (Pikachu, Jiggly, possibly Mewtwo), 1-2 going to be R/S (since they didn't include them in Melee), 1-2 going to be from D/P.

Since SSBB is coming out in 07, late 07 i'm presuming, then Diamond and Pearl are going to have been out for a while then. Lucario's popularity from being an early released D/P character and being a main character in the 8th/9th/10th whatever pokemon movie along with his human-like shape makes him a very likely candidate. Weavile also has a chance, being released early too and has an easily created moveset simply based on its shape and moveset.

For R/S though, the most logical character is Blaziken. Sceptile and Swampert are likely too, but so is Deoxys. It's very likely 1 or 2 of those 4 will be in Brawl. If they choose Blaziken they might be compelled to have Swampert and Sceptile to keep the starters together, but that's just a guess. As for G/S/C, it could be anything. They might not choose anything to add in from this generation since there is not many things that can be worked on easily I think.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I don't mind who gets in and who doesn't, as long as we don't get Raichu, Plusle/Minun or that new electric squirrel from D/P. We don't need more Pikaclones for Brawl and frankly, Pichu pushed it too far. One Pikchu is enough, no more electrics Nintendo.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Beh, what is all this new-gen bullcocky. What ever happened to respect for the original 150? While I was on my way out of colecting I had gotten a decent amount of the next 100 they released as well, and I have to admit they weren't too bad and didn't stray too far from the originals. But now all this new stuff, it's just not even right. Hell, I thought adding two new types was blasphemey...

Well this is all good and aside from the topic at hand, so to be more relevant... I think they should scrap all pokemon other than Pikachu (and Jigglypuff... for the sake of being an original character) and they should go about making a Pokemon Smash game. Pretty much the exact same concept as Smash... except with only Pokemon. Maybe a system of evolving them as well... possibly through play time with specific Pokemon.

I just think it would be an all around good idea?

kaid

Smash Master
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold over 1.5 million games and a half million DSes in a single weekend. Even NSMB took a week to reach the 1 million sales mark. Expect as many pokemon as there are mario/zelda characters.

Mr5star

Smash Rookie
Well since hes not on the list i nominate Rattata it's kind of an inside joke but it htikn makes a good character or at leat a pokeball item.

cpt eli

Smash Rookie
I agree with the whole Pokemon Smash and maybe like warios fart you could store up energy and use it to evolve later. So you could either use energy doing special moves or save it up to have a stronger fighter and it could add a whole new level of thinking and strategizing.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the whole Pokemon Smash and maybe like warios fart you could store up energy and use it to evolve later. So you could either use energy doing special moves or save it up to have a stronger fighter and it could add a whole new level of thinking and strategizing.
I see what you're saying, but I was thinking more along the lines of a permanent evolution after playing a Pokemon for a certain period of time. For example, you unlock various basic or baby Pokemon depending on what you accomplish in the game... and by just playing a certain Pokemon for a period of time will get it to evolve. That ensures that everyone has to have a certain amount of experience with each one. And the evolution would have to be permanent... or even better, you're given the option to play any stage of that Pokemon's evolution chain after you've gotten it to that point.

Aw crap I'm tried and I'm rambling again.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not but since I don't have the time to read 45 pages of posts, here goes: Snorlax! That's right, Snorlax. Why? Because he would bring in the opposite spectrum of the Pokémon scale. Sure you can have Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo (all medium/very fast/agile Pokémon) but on the other side, have a Pokémon more like Bowser or DK. Plus he could have some really cool moves. Rollout (this would definitely be interesting: Snorlax is big meaning big Rollout, as well as it being fast compared to slow-moving Snorlax), Rest could be incorporated. If Snorlax used rest his stock percentage would go down to zero and he would be un-grabable as well as being extremely rooted (ie: smash attacks -barely- move him, etc) though he would be like the Sandbag, still able to take on damage. You could also give him everyone's favourite, Hyper Beam! (:p After all, a Snorlax without Hyper Beam isn't really a Snorlax) As well as some other interesting moves/abilities.

Anyway, just my two cents.

GreenCarrot

Smash Cadet
i vote scizor, his steel would provide some great smashing.. and he coudl have a claw like bowsers.. and a quick attack like pikachus.. that'd be kickass would it not?

DevilRoseFoxMcCloud

Smash Cadet
Lucario with out a doubt. He's a Steel and FIGHTING type pokemon. And what Pokemon is better for a fighting game than a fighting type that can actually stand up and punch/kick etc etc.

Ermine

Smash Ace
lol awww Buoysel rocks -.-

So does Lucario so its ok

FYI Buoysel has a much higher chance than some of the joke pokes on the list but thats ok.

I am glad Lucario is in the lead -.-

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity, but where are we going with this? Are we just going to keep making more debates or this getting submitted somewhere or what? Sakurai's probably nearly done or actually done with making the game by now, but either way I'm still on Lucario's side.

Lucario > all other candidates on list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom