• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
ever since the first game i've always picked the fire type for my starter pokemon
but now i'm caught between ivysaur and squirtle..... hmmmm.....
probably going to have to say Squirtle cause he's so cute and tiny
withdraw ftw

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Charizard is a dragon...

"Dragons are big, scaly, fire breathing, often times flying creatures of wondrous beauty and power. I mean, what's cooler than a dragon?...Dragons are awesome, I know it, you know it... heck... even Ness players know it"

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
i'd have to say Ivesaur

Squirtle seems really fast but kinda weak
charzards strong but slow
Ivesaurs right in the middle and i kinda like being in the middle;)
Earlier i said i wanted to be Ivysaur but i suddently realised you can't really pick just one
It's when you use them all at the right time that you get to see there true power
plus i also think charzard and squirtle are awesome!!:p

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
my favorite is bulbasaur, but since he is ivysaur i pretty much like them equal. i'm going to really try to use them as equally as possible in how i play.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Ah, my favorite Pokemon out of the three. What I like that they have done is put three different stages of the three first starters. The best part is, they are each my favorite stages out of each of the Pokemon. Charmander's final stage, Charizard, is my favorite of the small flaming lizard line. Ivysaur is my favorite from Bulbasaur's line, while Squirtle is my favorite from the Squirtle line.

I like all three, but alas, not all to the same extent as each other. Charizard has to be my top favorite from the group. I've always loved the fiery dragon Pokemon since I had first seen him, and used him ever since the original Red version. My second favorite would be Ivysaur. Now, from what I've read, it seems Ivysaur isn't getting the proper loving that I feel it deserves, though that could be because my love for the small green toadling came from a friend.

You see, I have a Ivysaur action figure back from when it was the #1 ting to collect. I got him from a friend, whom I don't think I've seen since. They gave me the Ivysaur. One of my other friends pointed out one day that his eyes were the wrong color, and he had brown markings along the bottom part of him as though he'd sat in a puddle of mud.

Jokingly, we gave him a Stormtrooper helmet and shoved it onto his bulb, and decided to name him Mud. Since then, due to how 'incredibly powerful' he was when we used the figures to fight each other, he became a favorite of mine. That is also the story of my first username, Mud the Ivysaur.

Squirtle. I was never fond of the line, due to how hideous the line became as it evolved. So I have taken a liking to only the first stage of the small blue turtle Pokemon.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur. Especially after seeing his grab/throw (or what looks like his grab/throw) in the one Japanese commercial.

Zsy

Smash Rookie
Squirtle is lightweight and Charizard is heavyweight so Ivysaur must be just right!

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
squirtle. chris lurv the water pokemon, especially squirtle. [/lurvingwaterpokemon]
then charizard. he is a beast [/admiringfirepokemon]
but i still like ivysaur, just dissapointed with him [/dissapointmentwithgrasspokemon]

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
As my favorite Pokémon of all time is Charmander, I can't really say anything but Charizard. However, I've always loved the designs of both Squirtle and Ivysaur. I guess if I had to put them in order, it'd be Charizard, then Squirtle, then Ivysaur. Note that this doesn't mean I dislike Ivysaur. That's not true in the slightest. I just don't like it more than the other two.

If I had to pick one to play as, and completely ignore the others, it would be Squirtle. I mean, who wouldn't want to beat people up as Squirtle? It's just an awesome Pokémon. Not as cool as Charizard, but excellent in a Smash setting (from what little we know about the playstyles of Pokémon Trainer's team).

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Charizard, no doubt, then a tie for 2nd.
But I literally laugh at every who told me Charizard can't/won't be playable. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!I've had my victory.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
1)Squirtle-my first and favorite starter
2) Charizard- Badass, and black charizard FTW (hopefully an alt)
3) Ivysaur- meh, didnt care for ivysaur. i prefer both Bulbasaur and Venusaur to ivy

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Turtle = speed type? Lol you are probably correct.
Well my favorite is Squirtle out of the three. I would prefer Wartortle because he's a man-and-a-half, but Squirtle is still awesome. Squirtle was my first pokemon, after all. Not that I expect to try to play Squirtle any more than the others... but he's my favorite.

A short side note: I may boycott the character if sunglasses isn't one of the alt costumes. Come on, Squirtle Squad!

Another side note, do you think you could change this into a poll, OP? It would be much more effective that way.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
Well, the criteria you're using to judge the pokemon doesn't favor Ivysaur. From a strictly "who's going to be easiest to win with" stand point, Ivysaur may not be the best option, but I'm sure that's not why people like him.

Personally, Ivysaur is ABSOLUTELY my favorite of the three, purely because I legitimately like him as a pokemon, and he looks like a breath of fresh air compared to the other two pokemon. He may technically be the most useless in a Smash battle, but I genuinely like him regardless of his moveset or statistics. He was my favorite the day PT was revealed.

But on the technical note, I fail to see why anyone likes Charizard. Based on the very limited information released about him, he seems slow, and his Rock Smash attack looks utterly useless. He's the one I'm least excited about.
so are you trying to say that squirtle is your fovorite couse you didn't say anything about him. i think he'll be the best becouse he's gonna be small, agile and fast. and is his running A gonna be him sliding on his shell??

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
Well, Bulbasaur has always been my favourite out of the Kanto starters so Ivysaur is my Pokemon of choice. He's also great as he is the only character in Smash to battle on all fours. I'm looking forward to playing as Charizard as well though.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Well, thanks to Whobby, we now know that Ivy's average (better than what I thought), Squirt's fast and weak (****...), and Zard is slow and powerful (expected). Can't wait to play PT!

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I looove grass type just cause my favorite attack is in that type (Leech Seed). But Ivysaur just doesn't cut it for me. I guess I just like starting forms soooooo Squirtle, squirt. If it was bulbasaur it would be a different story.

ch987

Smash Rookie
Ummmmmmmmmm

probably gonna go with charizar becuse of the his power and hopefully flight or glide ability. By the way does any one know if falco is being included with his alternate green color from melee?:confused:

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
definately Charizard for me. i've been a charizard fan since i had him in Red Version. i still think he's cooler than the fire starter pokemon from the later generations.
But... i'm looking forward to playing as Ivysaur, he looks pretty fun.

Top Bottom