• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which player will have the most potential?

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Which players will be kicked and which will be added to brawl if they remade it or who deserved to be in brawl?
(was about SSB4 but was changed so it wasnt locked)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I was going to post something about the difference between players and characters but, nah.

Too early to argue about that, if you ask me.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I think Captain Falcon may be kicked. Doubt it, but he's likely. More likely are the Ice Climbers probably.

I'm shocked Megaman didn't get into Brawl.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
If there ever is a Smash 4, I cant see many characters from Brawl not being in it.

Id like to see the removal of Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, Falco, and Ganondorf

But that would NEVER happen

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
i agree Rob and ganondorf and maybe iceclimbers will be dumped but i think lucario, lucas wolf and captain falcon will stay

Also ness is gone lucas will take his spot megaman will take robs spot king k rool might get on and issac will probably get on
Maybe theyll make a agreement with microsoft and get rid of snake and put Master Chief on there but that is just a fantasy that is most likely not gonna happen

DragonRider-ofSmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Grinnell, IA...... or something like that
Im thinking that all of the newer clones will get kicked out (they usually are) maybe add some more third parties..... get rid of snake I think, mostly cuz hes not that...... well I think you all know what I mean. (or maybe not..... *borrows anti-flame suit) but other than that, I think that if they made it to this game from another one, they will probably stay

R i p

Smash Cadet
Usually these threads have no evidence. This thread is especially bad since people are making outrageous claims.

I'd say the only character who has any likely chance of being kicked would be Ike, but only if they continue the trend of removing a second Fire Emblem character and replacing him with a newer protagonist.

They could end just end this trend, or perhaps add another Fire Emblem character without removing any. It's even possible they release a new SSB before a FE game other than the DS remake of 1/3(Marth's game) comes out(I haven't heard of any others being planned).

Characters like Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers have little to no chance of being kicked out. Same could be said for Ness or Ganondorf. Until it's implied they are shrinking the overall roster size(kind of like what mortal kombat did when jumping to 3d) saying these things seems really silly.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
What "trend"? There is no "trend". There's only been 1 time where characters were removed.
There's no reason to remove any of the characters that aren't clones. I can see some big changes with movesets with Wolf,Toon Link, and maybe Falco. Pokemon is a faster moving franchise than any other one Nintendo has, with each potential character never being important in the first place. They are just "popular", which can easily sway. This makes it interesting to see the roster from the franchise, since it has to move somewhat with it. Jigglypuff seems like a candidate, and I can't see more Lucario fans after more and more generations coming out passing through the 5 years until next console.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, let's hope noone's getting axed this time! But if you think about it... Brawl really takes much space at the disc... Can it even get any better/more things? They should delete all those unneeded stuff and just add some characters and stages. Now that game would be the REAL Brawl we all hoped for.

I'm hoping Mewtwo will strike back... and I'd care about Dixie/K. Rool, but only if they looked much better than the trophys >_> (at least for K. Rool, I hate his new design)

Don't really care about any others, I just really hope the characters we already have will stay.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
I have a idea for the next game this is a joke of course but here it is

Super Smash Bros Legends

Veterans

Link
Kirby
Mario
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/Zero Suit
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Peach
Marth
Luigi
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Lucario
Mr. Game & Watch
Wolf
Toon Link
Pit
Pokemon Trainer/ Blaziken/Mudkip/Grovyle
Diddy Kong
Metaknight
Lucas
Sonic

Newcomers

Megaman
Isaac
King k Rool
Shadow
Gotenks
Goku
Rayman
Ichigo
Erika And Ephraim
Ashnard
The Black Knight
Krystal
Midna
Mewtwo
Knuckles
Tails

New levels

Internet level

Golden Sun Level
Eggman Fortress Level
Bunny Stadium Level

Old Levels

Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Bridge of Eldin
Smashville
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Warioware
Halberd
Shadow Moses Island
New Pork City
Pictochat
Summit
Mario Circuit
Port Town Aero Dive
Final Destination
Mario Bros
Luigis Mansion
Spear Pillar
75m
Flat zone 2
Pirate ship
All Former melee stages that were put in brawl

Super Smash Bros. Legends

R i p

Smash Cadet
What "trend"? There is no "trend".
You're right, I might be too generous to call it a trend, but I think you aren't focusing on what I meant because you said "once".

The "trend" is the second character being the latest Fire Emblem protagonist. It happened with Roy, then Ike.

Also I don't think Jigglypuff is ever going anywhere. She is one of the originals.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I don't think that there will be a "next" smash game. If there is I'm not sure if anyone will be dropped, Sakurai seems pride of his "clone free all star cast" (yeah right LOL more clones than melee). So I am unsure if there is another if any characters will get boot, I can't really think of any that might.

chili

Smash Cadet
I would think Knuckles could work in the next smash. He could be like a Sonic clone with less speed and more power.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
first off there will be a ssb4 because nintendo likes money, SSb makes money, and the fans will want a new one.

i can see no one actually going aside from a pokemon "because of the fack that the popular ones get into it" but unlikely that thy'll get rid of pika-jiggs, PT might get a pokeswap and or they might add in "rivalPT", lucario might make it back and mewtwo might join him, or we'll get the next gen Mew2.

TL and Gannon might get a move swap but i doubt it.

all other character will probally stay in with minor move changes "including ROB"

probally get some more 3rd party characters in "geno, Megaman, Ryu, bomberman, ect

add king k r, half the AT's, waluigi? issac, little mac, knuklejoe, ect

bring back some old series

hopefully a metroid rep but doubtful :(

and hopefully add some more femal and villian characters

not all of this is nessisarly true but itseems like the most logical path for team sora to take

Zevox

Smash Lord
The "trend" is the second character being the latest Fire Emblem protagonist. It happened with Roy, then Ike.
Except that that isn't the rational for their inclusion, its just a coincidence. Roy was included as advertising, pure and simple - his game wasn't even out yet when Melee released, but there was a large advertising campaign for it going on in Japan, and since he was easy to clone from Marth, they decided to make Melee part of that. This is also why he was removed from Brawl - such advertising is no longer needed, and he had nothing else to recommend him as a Smash character. With Ike, hes a genuinely deserving character. Hes one of the three most popular FE characters in Japan (alongside Marth and Sigurd) and likely the most popular outside Japan, and hes one of the only two to star in more than one game (Marth being the other, of course). Ike won't be removed from any future SSB game unless another character eclipses him in importance to the series and the developers decide the series can't have 3 characters. Which is unlikely.

At this point, the characters in Brawl are generally all deserving of it. I'm especially baffled by the people saying Captain Falcon and Ganondorf could go. Falcon is one of the original 12, and the only playable character of the F-Zero series - theres no way he'd be removed. Similarly, Ganondorf is the main villain of the Zelda series, one of Nintendo's three biggest series, which pretty much guarantees him his spot, no matter what. The only characters I'd worry about are the Pokèmon (because, except for Pikachu and to a lesser degree Jigglypuff, their popularity tends to fluctuate, and thats all they can really go on when it comes to deciding which of them get in) and Snake (because he got in mostly due to his creator being a friend of Sakurai's, which means that if Sakurai doesn't develop the next SSB, there could easily be issues with his inclusion). I'd also hope personally Toon Link and Wolf get kicked, but I wouldn't bet on it - Toon Link is too popular, and I expect the only change a fourth SSB would see to the Star Fox roster is the addition of Krystal, to finally get all four of its deserving characters in.

Zevox

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows there will be a SSB4 nintendo likes money and they will do anything to get it
New name of game Super Smash Bros Apocolypse

6footninja

Smash Ace
I have a idea for the next game this is a joke of course but here it is

SUPER SMASH BROS Apocalypse

Veterans

Link
Kirby
Mario
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/Zero Suit
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Peach
Marth
Luigi
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Lucario
Mr. Game & Watch
Wolf
Toon Link
Pit
Pokemon Trainer/ Blaziken/Mudkip/Grovyle
Diddy Kong
Metaknight
Lucas
Sonic

Newcomers

Megaman
Master Chief
Issac
King k Rool
Shadow
Rayman
Ichigo
Jack Sparrow
Luke Skywalker
Etc.

New levels

Internet level
Halo Level
Golden Sun Level
Eggman Fortress Level
Bunny Stadium Level
The Flying Dutchman Level
Death Star level

Old Levels

Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Bridge of Eldin
Smashville
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Warioware
Halberd
Shadow Moses Island
New Pork City
Pictochat
Summit
Mario Curcuit
Port Town Aero Dive
Final Destination
Mario Bros
Luigis Mansion
Spear Pillar
75m
Flat zone 2
Pirate ship
All Former melee stages that were put in brawl

SUPER SMASH BROS Apocalypse
Hm, not bad. You should consider making new threads with neat little things like this. Like, I remember another post of yours was like that. An immediate subject change within a thread made by you. Maybe consider instead of switching subjects, make a new thread for it. (of course you'll have to take precautions to what your saying, don't want these next ones to be locked as well :) )

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Hm, not bad. You should consider making new threads with neat little things like this. Like, I remember another post of yours was like that. An immediate subject change within a thread made by you. Maybe consider instead of switching subjects, make a new thread for it. (of course you'll have to take precautions to what your saying, don't want these next ones to be locked as well :) )
i did and i made a poll so you guys can find out who will be most wanted to join the smash in Super Smash Bros Apocalypse or SSB4

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
stop making threads about smash 4. There is no smash 4 (yet) and brawl came out only a month ago. Either talk about brawl or shut up.
HA the only thing on the brawl forums is brawl vs. melee i wanted to make some variety but i guess it is to early for a next smash game it hasnt even came out worldwide but im still gonna talk about it
(Also brawl did come out 1.5 months ago but it got really boring quickly i actually think in the last week ive played more melee than brawl)

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you all say "Ganon is out," just cuz' he's bad. Mewtwo was bumped off, true, and him bieng bad was a large part of it, but Mewtwo was a replaceable character since the series has so many other Pokemon to pull from and wanted newer representation.

Who would replace Ganon? Zant? Vaati? (sure a character doesn't have to be replaced, but every kicked char was either a clone or had a spiritual successor, like Ike and Lucario). Ganon consistently appears in new Zelda games and is an icon of old Zelda games. I hope for the love of God he gets a move swap for the next game though.

I doubt anyone who has appeared twice is going to get the boot, hence we have Jigglypuff (though there was also no character that could be the spiritual succesor of him/her so that might of helped her return)

Game&Watch stayed from melee, ROB is staying for the next one, simple as that.

I don't expect Toon Link to be booted since he is good in this game and has a lot of games that he is in.

The chars that I fear may be in for a boot:

Sheik- they could think of a spiritual succesor for her since she isn't important to the Zelda series, but then again she was an icon of melee (not for Brawl though) and she HAS appeared 2 times, so iffy

Falco- semi-cloned moveset of Fox, though it IS noteable different, is still remarkably similar to fox's (he also stole a move from sonic :p), and there's not too much you could do to give him an uncloned moveset. He DID however appear twice and is reasonablly the second most important character in the series, which gives him better chances than the next character :p

Wolf- LANDMASTER! Sure he has a unique moveset, but all his specials resemble Fox's and 2 of his moves were taken from Sonic, and 1 from Diddy (dair). The fact that he has a unique moveset and that he has no spiritual successor helps his chances to return though.

3rd party chars, sonic and snake- They might have been a one time thing, but nintendo is the only one who knows if they'll bring them back. If they DO bring back 3rd parties, Sonic has a significantly higher chance to return than snake, but if they come back they will probably do so together.

Chars that might join SSB:

Geno- there was a lot of speculation and basis for saying that Geno was going to be in but Square called the show off, if their relation is better when the next SSB comes out, Geno is possible

Krystal- I was actually quite surprised that she was outprioritized by Wolf, if one of the spacies is kicked, I assume she will take his place

Ridley- Big mabye here, he is deadly important to the Metroid series BUT the "too big" thing actually DID play a role in Brawl and caused him to be a boss, will it play a role in the next one? I expect another metroid rep, mabye Dark Samus if not Ridley?

Toon Zelda- I thought there was a document stating that Toon Zelda was intended for Brawl, she is likely if there are a lot of chars in SSB4

Pokemon Rival or some Pokemon Traineresque character- Genius idea for adding another pokemon rep, as it will represent a newer game and ALSO give 3 new pokemon to appear.

all i can think of for now

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Sonic
Snake
Rob
Lucario dpending on when the game comes out
Pokemon trainner although he may get an update to his roster.
Ike
Gannon depending on if the next game is a rush job or some work is put into it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think they'll be hard pushed next time to get rid of characters...

But I think Lucario might face the same fate as Mewtwo and Wolf might get replaced.

As for characters getting added...

Krystal: This was actually the biggest shocker of Brawl for me the fact that she wasn't in......I seriously thought she would.....I mean how many times do we need to say Krystal has lot's of potential of being the only staff wielder for Nintendo to get the picture?

Stafy: If Stafy makes it outside Japan by the time the next smash comes out(which is possible since it's the best selling fanchise that's japan only) and is popular then I can see Stafy making it in. However if he doesn't make it outside japan I can see him having less chance but still be in the running.

Mii: Who knows? Depending on if the next smash is on the wii or the next nintendo console has some form of miis then they might be in. If not they might appear as the WTF character (like gaw and Rob) with six different costumes for different mii looks.

Birdo: Ok so maybe this is just me getting ahead of myself but I do see potential in Birdo's Egg shooting Antics......

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Have you thought how Mewtwo would be classified in the next Smash game?
Returning Newcomer?
New Veteran?
Or just Veteran

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'm -hoping- for ROB to get kicked. As others have said, Lucario will most likely get replaced with a newer Gen Pokemon. Although unlikely, Jiggly should be replaced with Meowth because Jigglypuff was only Pokemon for 1 series while Meowth always has and always will be a main character of Pokemon.

Yoshi and CF are looking kinda lonely, being the only original 12 with no one else from their series. I want Samurai Goro and Baby Mario. And Baby Mario wouldn't have to be the Toon Link of Mario, he can have his own unique moveset. Like his B would be him kicking a projectile turtle shell like he does in Partners of Time, etc. *Imagines a Baby Mario Fsmash as a scream where the sound waves hurt you*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
why are some people saying lucario will be kicked? It makes no sense at all especially hearing that from some clone mainers. lucario has a new moveset so he wont likely be kicked like mewtwo was in melee(it was only because instead of making a updated mewtwo it would be better just to have a 4th gen rep thats sorta like him). Plus I dont think he will be replaced by a 5th gen as he has a new moveset and if that was the case then the would have kicked falco for krystal.

as for kicks, even though most people would kick ganondorf I dont think that would happen same with falco as If they were going to be kicked it would have been in brawls.

though there is the fact that its likey sakurai wont be directing the new smash.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Kicked off- Ike, ROB, Lucas, Toon Link, Lucario, and Diddy
Added: Geno, Megaman, Isaac,Tails, Animal Crossing guy, Balloon Man, Lyn and another WTF character like... one of the cartoon Tetris cpus from Tetris and DR. Mario

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
The ONLY characters that have a chance of being kicked are Ike and Lucario.

They were put in as advertisments, just like Pichu and Roy.

As for new characters it's hard to say who will get it but Ridley definetly won't be in.

Top Bottom