• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which one?

Teba94

Smash Rookie
I usually play with Ice Climbers, Sheik or Link?

I can play with them all but i like to play only one of them. So help me. Which one you prefer and why?

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik is the best of them, and the easiest to use at low and high levels of competition. I love ice climbers but if you want to win tournaments they can be really stressful because Ice Climbers have many TERRIBLE match ups including Peach, Marth, Fox, sometimes Falco, and I have a lot of trouble with Jiggs.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
There is nothing wrong with having secondaries. You don't have to play exclusively with anyone. As far as your MAIN main goes, I see you have the ICs listed first, as well as having their icon on your profile. Am I safe to assume you like them the most? If so, go with them as your first pick.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I have four characters I play consistantly,
1.Link (main)
2.Sheik
3.Marth
4.Fox

I play them because their fun, thats what your main focus should be.

Characters I have had as secondaries are these

Young Link
Roy
Dr.Mario
Falco
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

thats four characters I can play in tournaments with confidence (Mostly Link and sheik) and 8 that I have had as secondaries and was pretty good with them to.

so there your have it, you dont have to concentrate on one charcter if you dont want to, what I do is split up my practice into ssmash sessions.

Smash day 1 - Link all day
Smash day 2 - Marth all day
Smash day 3 -Sheik all day
Smash day 4 - Fox all day

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
It doesn't hurt to use multiple characters. I personally use Falcon, Sheik, Marth, and Falco (in order of decreasing skill). You should "main" whoever gives you the best chance of winning. It doesn't matter if it's Fox or Pichu, go with the one that gives you the best edge.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Go pick up a Fastfaller XD Link sucks and ICs have bad matchups and Sheik is good if you're starting out and when you're at a higher caliber.

That's too much practice XD just try like like 30m-1hr every other day and you'll be good

battousai555

Smash Ace
I usually play with Ice Climbers, Sheik or Link?

I can play with them all but i like to play only one of them. So help me. Which one you prefer and why?
It depends what the objective is. For me, winning doesn't necessarily equal fun. I perform best with Sheik, but don't really like using her. ICs are more fun and creative, IMHO.

Binx

Smash Master
At low levels against friends I could understand not enjoying sheik as much, actually thats why I quit using Marth as my main back in the day, I decided I just wanted to main a character that would make me laugh every time. Yay ICS! but the better my friends and I got the more difficult it became to win with ICs even though I am much better with them I still had an easier time using Fox or Sheik against them because of available options. Not that ICs are bad but if you want to place high in tourneys your giving yourself a crutch, although if you get very technical I have to believe that ICs have the most potential in the game.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You will probably see the most success using Shiek but that doesn't mean you can't with Link or the Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom