• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which melee stages should have made it but didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

potemkant

Smash Rookie
I wanted Fountain of Dreams in until I realized it's basically a pretty battlefield where the platforms sometimes move.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
PokeFloats should've been brought back considering they remade a 2nd Pokemon Stadium anyhow. Though I prefer the original to the 2nd one, since the changes don't actually change the way a character moves, like the super floatiness change or the conveyor belt one in PS2. Saffron City would've been really cool to bring back, since that was one of my favorite stages in 64.

I loved Onett, so I have no complaints. I liked Fourside a lot too, would've been nice to see it back.

Temple was an excellent stage, especially for 4 players, and was definitely the best Zelda stage. Great Bay was also good, but it was too small for larger battles.

Green Greens was bland, and bad for me, since I played as Ness, and I could get trapped in the tiny holes, unable to recover with PK Thunder. Dreamland would've been awesome to return, since the music, along with the close quarters, made it really intense. It was also very neutral and had no major hazards. Fountain of Dreams was too dark and was a little hard to see.

Yoshi's Island was annoying with the rotating blocks. Yoshi's Island 64, or the other Yoshi's Island level, the tiny one with Battlefield style platforms, would've been better choices.

Rainbow Cruise was awful, considering there were so many better Mario stages. Peach's Castle was a good level, and so was the 64 level. I can understand why they brought back Rainbow Cruise, considering Peach's Castle was rather forgettable. Mushroom Kingdom was alright, as Mushroom Kingdom 2, but none of them were truly spectacular. Mushroom Kingdm 64 would've been cool, with the pipes, as would've the other Mario 64 stage, which I think, is the best Mario stage in all of Smash, close with Delfino Island.

Big Blue was a good choice, considering they remade Mute City into crappier Port Town Aero Drive anyway.

Jungle Japes was definitely not as good as Kongo Jungle, Melee & 64, but it's fine. The small side platforms are annoying, as the rushing water & klaptraps, but it's fun for big battles, with the tight quarters.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I would like Port Town better if the cars didn't kill you so easily. Mute City was better since there was a warning sign.

Peach's Castle: Four reasons why Peach's Castle should have been brought back.
1) It's the most popular Mario location.
2) We already have Mushroomy Kingdom/Delfino Plaza as the Mario scrollers (both of which are actually cool).
3) They had to change the name of Rainbow Cruise to Rainbow Ride because we already had Lylat Cruise...
4) Nobody wants to play on Rainbow Ride. Whoever said Peach's Castle is forgettable as opposed to Rainbow Ride...what on Earth are you talking about?

Great Bay: I actually like Temple a little better but with swimming physics put in Brawl, I would have expected this to be in.

Flat Zone: Only because of Flat Zone 2. I guess it doesn't matter since both stages suck anyway.

The reason Greens Greens came back instead of FoD was because it's the most recent "cheerful" Kirby stage since the Halberd really suits to Meta-Knight. And I'll never get why people want Poke'Floats. Not only do we already have the music, but Poke'Floats didn't come from any Poke'mon game and it was gay.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Please don't necrobump. This thread was over two years old, and that wasn't much of a contribution to warrant bringing it back to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom