• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which KI Character Will Be Added Next? (in any Smash game)

Which KI character will be added next?

• Medusa

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Hades

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Viridi

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Dark Pit

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Magnus

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I've been thinking a lot about Kid Icarus lately.

The series was successfully revived with Uprising, which was a massively popular game for what it was. So we can assume that there will be more KI games to come, and that KI will become a staple Nintendo series alongside Kirby and whatnot. With Sakurai developing both the KI series and Smash Bros., we can assume that more KI characters will be added in the future. That being said, which character do you think will be added next? This can be your prediction, or your personal preference if you so choose. But I only included characters who seem realistic at this time.

Also, this question extends to any Smash game, even Smash 4 if you're optimistic.

Last edited:
Well sakurai sure isn't making a sequel (he has specifically said that so it woul be up to nintendo to continue sakurai's masterpiece baby
regardless while I wish it would be Viridi because bias, Medusa is probably the most likely andthen hades (unless dark pit is a clone. . . blegh)

EDIT I also kind of expect there to be a 3rd KI secret rep just because sakurai bias. No evidence but just a weird, baseless, feeeling

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we're assuming there is a third Kid Icarus character...

Then Medusa is a lock.

She's the main antagonist in 2/3 games in the series, could be a clone of Palutena whilst being very visual distinct from her, and, most importantly, looks awesome.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well sakurai sure isn't making a sequel (he has specifically said that so it woul be up to nintendo to continue sakurai's masterpiece baby
regardless while I wish it would be Viridi because bias Medusa is probably the most likely andthen hades (unless dark pit is a clone. . . blegh)

EDIT I also kind of expect there to be a 3rd KI secret rep just because sakurai bias. No evidence but just a weird, baseless, feeeling
I really hope Nintendo and Sakurai would do a sequel to uprising at some point.

Other than that, if I were to pick out of the list, I would go for Viridi or Magnus.

Last edited:
I really hope Nintendo and Sakurai would do a sequel to uprising at some point.

Other than that, if I were to pick out of the list, I would go for Viridi or Magnus.
Me too (current favorite game ever). Unfortunately Sakurai is done with the series so I can only hope that whoever takes over does it right.
Also I find it strange phosphora isn't on this list after being confirmed as an assist trophy (even if she isn't super important she still has a fanbase)

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It depends on whether we get another Kid Icarus game before the next Smash Bros. That could seal the deal depending on who the main villain is (Hades? Medusa?). At the moment, I see Medusa winning out since she has history with the series despite her more minor role in KI:U compared to Hades. Dark Pit would be great if done well (with completely different weapons), especially if we get another Kid Icarus game that he's featured in and expanded upon (part of me fears/is hyped for him being a Lucina-like clone in SSB4, but while I'd love that, I'd hate the backlash that I'd see). Personally, I think that Magnus is too minor and that Viridi, while a fan favorite, doesn't have the impact that Hades and Medusa would have.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Assuming Dark Pit is in, we'll probably get Hades in the next KI games and the next Smash Bros, I have a feeling Medusa is slowly fading away from the series right now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
For the love of **** I hope it's Medusa. I'd like some Kid Icarus love for something other than purely Uprising. My goddamn childhood demands it. Yes, I am that old.

Assuming Dark Pit is in, we'll probably get Hades in the next KI games and the next Smash Bros, I have a feeling Medusa is slowly fading away from the series right now.
How does someone slowly fade from a series that was dead and buried for twenty years?

Morbi

Scavenger
If we are rationalizing this sentiment with evidence alone, Dark Pit for certain.

I suppose my personal preference would put Hades above Dark Pit. However, that seems more likely for another Smash.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Right now I'd say Medusa. She's the only other major characters besides Pit and Palutena to have appeared in more than one game and was even the villain of said game. Her role was reduced to a pawn in Uprising, but she was still amongst 'The Big Three' within Uprising's inner boxart and even helped out against Hades by the end of the game.

Though, I think it depends on where Kid Icarus goes from this point. As in, if some more games are made with Hades as the big bad and Medusa is nowhere to be seen, we'd probably get the former instead. :troll:

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Dark Pit will be the next appearing KI character...... as an alt for Pit :troll:

I voted for Medusa.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm the only one who voted Magnus.
*cries real tears*

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I will personally hope for Hades. His character was just hilarious in KI:Uprising.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't expect another KI rep, but I'm guessing that it would be Medusa, with Hades being after her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Medusa hands down due to her classic status in the first game and being a reoccurring villain alone. Sure Hades is a cool villain and all, but he only appeared in one of all three games unlike the dark gorgon. So that's why I'll give my vote to her in order to be be more realistic.

andimidna

Smash Master
A reluctant vote for Medusa.

While she used to rival Palutenas popularity, well, that's not the case anymore. She is the next most deserving, yes. And the next most iconic too. Possibly even the next most unique. However, there are 2 things that keep me from being too sure of this.

1. For some odd reason, Dark Pit might actually be his own character in Smash 4

It doesn't make any sense given he's not that big of a deal, not that popular, and what would his colors even be?
Dark versions of Pit's? Dark shades of Gray and Purple? No clue.
But still, I'm not too sure he was deconfirmed. I think he's definitely possible. But if he doesn't happen now, he's not gonna happen next time either.

2. Viridi's popularity

She seems especially popular in Japan and is even Sakurai's favorite. She was pretty prominent in Uprising, yet she wasn't all that requested. Still, I think her popularity is only rising, and I think she'll easily rival Medusa for a chance in the next game.

Still, voted Medusa. But we'll see.
Oh, and sorry Hades. I dont think you're next in line in any way. But you're still in a way better position than Magnus. lol who voted for Magnus? If a KI assist got upgraded I'd expect Phosphora before him. I love how the announcers that work at Nintendo during SDCC called him "guy with a sword" when his assist appeared during a battle. That really is all he is. A guy with a sword. "I'm no ordinary swordsman!" -Robin 2014 VS "Guy with a sword" ...see the difference? He's like Ike but with a bigger sword, who was already made stronger. And the club with his swords abilities is an item I don't see leaving tbh... so just why? If anybody will be the new Little Mac next game it will be Takamaru.
/rant

Mars-

Smash Champion
I would like to point out that Sakurai also said that he wasn't going to make a new smash bros after melee, and then again said that after brawl. In the end if nintendo is waving money in front of his face to make a new KI game it will happen.

I can see the next KI character being probably Hades, Medusa or both. It's hard for me to decide, Hades is certainly the most recent main villain but Medusa was plastered all over Uprising, even if it was just to throw people off. I still think this gives her a bit of leverage. I think the KI trio has been defined as Palutena, Pit and Medusa, just look at the backside of the Uprising case art.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It absolutely has to be Fulgore. Too bad he's from a fighting game owned by Micro$oft...

Ohwhoops, wrong KI. I'd put my bold wager at none, and if any, Dark Pit. As much as I'd love Viridi.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Currently, outside of a situation wherein Dark Pit is added as some clone/semi-clone/alternative skin, I'd say Medusa.

That said, this is all based on the current circumstances of the Kid Icarus series, as currently of the characters present Medusa is the next most recurring and next most deserving of inclusion. If there were another Kid Icarus game though, which could go on to feature the Uprising cast once again within prominent roles, that could affect Medusa's chances, particularly if she doesn't play much of a part in this theoretical sequel. In such an instance it'd depend on the sequel itself, though I feel Viridi would in turn be featured a lot and thus have her chances raised most of all.

So for now, I vote for Medusa as most likely, and in any circumstance would prefer this to be the case for a 3rd Kid Icarus rep.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personality-wise, mine favourite Kid Icarus characters are Palutena and Arlon the Serene.

Looking at the matter from an un-biased perspective, I think the character whom would be the most unique is Viridi, Goddess of Nature. Her moveset could consist of an amalgam of the attacks used by her children and her commanders, Cragalanche, Arlon, and Phosphora. Also, her scythe-like staff would give her unconventional melee attacks. Her Final Smash, obviously, would be a Reset Bomb. I also see her as more likely because she is an original character and not a mythology-derived character.

Though Medusa does have seniority over Viridi, personally I do not see her being much more than a generic magick user. I have the same view on Magnus and Dark Pit. With so little canon material to work with, Magnus would just be a plain sword wielder like Marth, Lucina, and Ike. Also, if Dark Pit uses his Silver Bow (or any bow, for that matter), then I think he should just be an alternate costume--otherwise, I really think he should wield a different weapon (preferably his Dark Pit Staff) if he is to be unique.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Oh, and sorry Hades. I dont think you're next in line in any way. But you're still in a way better position than Magnus. lol who voted for Magnus? If a KI assist got upgraded I'd expect Phosphora before him. I love how the announcers that work at Nintendo during SDCC called him "guy with a sword" when his assist appeared during a battle. That really is all he is. A guy with a sword. "I'm no ordinary swordsman!" -Robin 2014 VS "Guy with a sword" ...see the difference? He's like Ike but with a bigger sword, who was already made stronger. And the club with his swords abilities is an item I don't see leaving tbh... so just why? If anybody will be the new Little Mac next game it will be Takamaru.
/rant
I put him in because Chuggaaconroy wanted him playable in Smash really badly, so I figured he had a fanbase. He's also the only playable character besides Pit and Dark Pit. Though I agree that he's unlikely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I voted for Medusa. When Uprising was first announced, I immediately supported for both Palutena and Medusa. I got Palutena now so Medusa is next on my wish list. If she's playable, she absolutely needs to have the stone gaze.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'd say Dark Pit mainly because of that hint from the Palutena trailer. Although, I think the most deserving is probably Medusa and Hades.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't think Kid Icarus is a big enough franchise yet to have another character. Maybe by SSB5 another Kid Icarus game would have come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom