• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which game is better? SSB4 or Melee

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you're advertising a video please post it in the media board. That said, Melee vs. Smash 4 is a frowned upon topic, so don't be surprised if this thread is locked.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Watching threads like these get locked is much more enjoyable than either.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Why do we even have a thread for this? It's all opinion in the end.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
From experience
I would say 4
sure melee has a lot of good but the issue is many of the characters arent ballenced well enough which is why there was a meme
"no items final destination fox only" thanks to the rather large overuse of fox because of just how powerful he was in the meta

EDIT: sorry I said something wrong, the meme was made because of the overruse of fox not specifically because of the balance issues

Edit: Woops I should elaborate on why I chose 4: Personally I perfer 4 because all characters are viable, they can all fight well, some better than others, the game runs at a moderate pace too meaning newbs and vets (I am an intermediate I guess? When Ifix my problem of getting nervous online I will TRY to be a vet) alike can play this game, also in feel it reminds me of both Melee and brawl so I like that, though I wish that Ice climbers were still in, they were an iconic part of the series much like jigglypuff (jiggs being moreso)

TL;DR 4 takes the good of two great smash games and improves on them

Last edited:
Top Bottom