• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which game has a better stage selection?

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Though I like all the stages in both versions, I really like the ones in the 3DS version.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We'll both versions have awesome stages to choose from but I do like the ones on the Wii U version.

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
In my opinion, the 3DS version has more stages where you can see what's going on when it's going on, while the Wii U version has more chaotic, OMGHOWDIDIGETTHERE stages. If you like playing 1-on-1 without items, I'd say 3DS, but if you prefer having a great laugh with seven other people in the room, Wii U all the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both games have cool stages but I'll go with the Wii U.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
I have to say the 3DS version got the better deal.

Wii U suffers from redundancy and a lack of variety. We don't need two Animal Crossing stages that both take place on a floating platform above the town, we certainly don't need two Mario Circuits, Kid Icarus doesn't need two stages in Skyworld (especially given that the original is utter garbage), and they couldn't be bothered to change Big Battlefield's aesthetic even a little bit to differentiate it from the original.

We've got only one scrolling stage (and an ugly and poorly-conceived one at that), but FIVE where a floating platform takes you to different areas (Delfino Plaza, the new Mario Circuit, Port Town, Wuhu Island and Skyloft). The 3DS version has 3 scrolling stages, why couldn't they do the same for the Wii U?

A lot of the returning stages also leave a lot to be desired. I mentioned Skyworld already, 75m is...well, 75m, Yoshi's Island is too small and the spinning blocks are obnoxious beyond all reason, and the Shy Guys on Brawl Mario Circuit are incredibly disruptive. And speaking of disruptive, stage bosses are awful and there should be an off switch for them. The Yellow Devil is the worst, ruining Wily Castle by spawning every twenty seconds and taking up half the stage.

Overall, there's barely any stages in the Wii U version I actually enjoy. There are some I'm indifferent to and some I absolutely hate, but very few that I genuinely like playing on. And that's a shame.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Both versions got their ups and downs, but in this case I support the Wii U ones. 3DS has too many past stages that represent entire franchises, and this shouldn't be the case. But, if we discount this problem, I would say both are pretty equal.

Top Bottom