• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which DLCs did you buy? (Updated with September 30th DLCs)

Of all current released DLC so far, which of them did you get on either version?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 147 91.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 140 87.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 145 90.1%
  • Ryu + Suzaku Catle stage

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • Dream Land stage

Votes: 130 80.7%
  • Peach's castle stage

Votes: 111 68.9%
  • Hyrule Castle stage

Votes: 113 70.2%
  • SSB T-shirt Mii outfit

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Link Mii costume

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Majora's Mask Mii hat

Votes: 28 17.4%
  • Mega Man X Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Proto Man Mii costume

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Dunban Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Cat Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Monkey Mii costume

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Isabelle Mii costume

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • MegaMan.EXE Mii costume

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Zero Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Inkling Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Inkling squid Mii hat

• Akira Mii costume

• Jacky Mii costume

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Heihachi Mii costume

• Hoodie Mii outfit

• Bear Mii costume

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • King K. Rool Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Flying Man Mii costume

• Chrom Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Black Knight Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Lloyd Mii costume

• Samus Mii costume

• I didn't download any DLC

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Super Mario Maker stage

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Pirate Ship stage

• Business Mii outfit

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Toad Mii costume

• Viridi Mii costume

• Monster Hunter Mii costume

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Rathalos Mii costume

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Fox Mii costume

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Captain Falcon Mii costume

• Total voters

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Nothing :sadeyes: I have no Credit Card... at least not yet.
Do you have eShop cards in stores in your region, by chance? Here in the states, they were originally only in $20 and $35 variants, but now thankfully they come in the much more sensible $10 form, as I have noticed recently. The downside is that you will always have some leftover balance remaining, but the upside is that it beats tying a console to a credit card for security reasons.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but the upside is that it beats tying a console to a credit card for security reasons.
In all fairness, neither the 3DS or Wii U require you to do this anyway. There is an option to store credit card details, but that's all it is - optional (and it requires you to set a password as well).

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Do you have eShop cards in stores in your region, by chance? Here in the states, they were originally only in $20 and $35 variants, but now thankfully they come in the much more sensible $10 form, as I have noticed recently. The downside is that you will always have some leftover balance remaining, but the upside is that it beats tying a console to a credit card for security reasons.
Nope... Nintendo doesn't sell anything officially on Brazil anymore. There is always importing, however! Thanks for the tip, I completely about the Pre-Paid cards!

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
There's a lot of people who'd want to collect ALL the DLC for these games, and I'm no exception.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I didn't buy any DLC because...

I don't care about characters besides my main, at least not enough to spend money.

I keep getting sent to reported hell and that makes me not want to give money to Nintendo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
All characters with the free Mewtwo, all stages, and only a handful of Mii costumes that I'm interested in.
Hm from the top of my head,
-Black Knight
-Flying Man
-Inklings
-Dunban
-Bear
-Chrom just to make him goofy to spite the tryhards who try to make him all accurate and ****. How boring.
I'll buy any character that comes out just to have them all. Even if they're the nonsense characters like Daisy, Krystal, or K.Rool.
There don't seem to be any more stages on the way and I'll only buy the Mii costumes that interest me so whatever.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides Mewtwo, whom I got for free for registering both versions of Sm4sh at Club Nintendo, I bought all the characters and the stages and I do plan on buying more of those in the future (hoping one of them is Wolf). I have bought several Mii costumes based on Link, Mega Man X, Mega Man.EXE, Proto Man, Chrom, Dunban and the Inklings (which I got a free download code for it for pre-ordering Splatoon at GameStop).

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I have some friends who play the game with me a LOT helping me with the DLC.

Collectively, we opted to buy all the characters, and stages that have come out thus far.

There was talk about Mii customs, but we all decided that we don't use them enough, and likely if we did pay for them most would go unused.

I ended up telling people "If you want one of those, hand me $0.75 and buy it for everyone." Thus far no takers... which is fine.

There are a few costumes I would consider...

It won't happen but if somehow they could get an NFL license, I'd think about buying a football helmet/jersey of my team.

If they had a martial arts gi for Mii Brawler, I might think about it as a throwback to a part of my life where I trained

Side note: That Smash T shirt... they need to make that for real, as I would like to buy one of those for me... (me, not to be confused with mii)

Last edited:

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
I would exchange every single costume they've made (and will make) for a new character and stage instead. Haven't and won't buy any of the costumes, but I'll buy everything else.

None yet. I played around with the characters and stages on my friend's Wii U, so there is less desire for me to buy it myself. If I get anything, it will be the characters and stages; I only use the Mii fighters occasionally and not enough to justify buying all those costumes I'd never use.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I got all the stages and new characters. I don't have much interest in the new costumes other than the Smash Hoodie, mostly because I love hoodies and would totally buy said Smash Hoodie in real life. Though I'd definitely buy the other costumes if I had the extra money, but as of now, I'd rather use that money for an eShop game if anything.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Besides Mewtwo, whom I got through the Club Nintendo distribution, I've bought all of the characters.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
All the current DLC characters (:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4mewtwo:) thanks to my brother, and my friend gave me the Inkling costumes because he had some extra codes for it.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All characters (free Mewtwo) and stages. I'm really not big on the Miis, and I don't know if I'll ever get any. Maybe if K.Rool doesn't end up in, but I don't play Miis ever.

For the rest, I'm getting all stages unless it's something like Hanenbow, and all characters unless I really hate that specific character. I love DLC.

If they eventually made DLC alt costumes for the characters or certain licensed Miis (Avengers, plz), then those would also get bought.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I bought all the characters for both versions (Mewtwo was free), plus Dream Land, Hyrule Castle, and Peach's Castle for the Wii U version only.

No Mii fighters, though. They're gross

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I bought all the characters plus Dreamland. I hate that I have to have all the characters, but it's in my nature.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo (for free), Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Dreamland, and the Chrom costume.
I would have bought more stages but I'm tight on money and I haven't been playing Smash a lot anyway due to me being sick lately.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Only the 3DS + Wii U versions of Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and the Dream Land stage. I only have the 3DS version of Smash right now as I currently lack a Wii U; I bought the two for one DLCs so I can later use the given codes on the Wii U version.

Khao

Smash Lord
I bought all characters for both versions of the game, and I'll likely keep doing the same for every character they release from now on.

Stages? I bought all of them, but only for Wii U. I only do short sessions on 3DS, so I don't really need a large selection of stages. On Wii U, though, the more the merrier.

Costumes? **** them. I'm not gonna pay for something that adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
Ryu + stage, Roy and Mewtwo and the N64 stages. Some costumes as well but that's about it. Don't care about Lucas. ^^

I bought them all O - O
That Samus drawing is soooo cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
i haven't "bought" anything at all, and I probably won't. Mii Costumes are just completely pointless, lol. Also, I don't care about any of the DLC characters, especially Lucas. I'm not buying any stages either, because I'm fine with all of the stages already in the game. I have Mewtwo, though - only because he was free. I also sold the 3DS version around that time, because I just need the Wii U Version.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Everything stage and character related, but none of the Mii outfits simply because I have no use for them personally.

D

Deleted member

All content barring the Mii costumes. However, I don't have all four downloadable stages (and :4ryu:) on 3DS yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I got the Main dlcs. who cares for mii costumes? (except Lloyd, link, and majora's mask) thk K. Rool outfit hurt so much, it seemed like nintendo rejected him.

Top Bottom