• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters have the best grab game?

HonorBasquiat

Smash Rookie
I miss my Ice Climbers. What characters have the best grab range, and the best follow ups as far as grabs go. I'm looking to play characters that benefit from following up and combing from grabs frequently. Sheik comes to mind for obvious reasons, but who else? Why?

Light-Kratos

Smash Cadet
Dedede is a really solid pick with his great grab range and Nair / Fair follow up until mid high percents.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
ZSS is much like Sheik in terms of grab options. The Mario Bros are surprisingly solid too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I miss my Ice Climbers. What characters have the best grab range, and the best follow ups as far as grabs go. I'm looking to play characters that benefit from following up and combing from grabs frequently. Sheik comes to mind for obvious reasons, but who else? Why?
I missed Ice Climbers too, so that's why I choose Rosalina as my main.

Nasreth

Smash Cadet
Lucina/Marth

Throw anybody in the air or off the stage and they're easy pickings for their great aerial play.

greenfield

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5155-3332-7260
Falcon's boosted grab range is pretty freaking ridiculous, and I'd say it's a pretty solid way to start chains/combos with him. He also can usually get (at minimum) a guaranteed uair on most of the cast with either a uthrow or a dthrow. There's a lot you can do off of a grab with Falcon, not too unlike previous installments of smash

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Samus i suck with grabbing but its much easier to grab with her and not a lot of miss lag so Samus for me

HonorBasquiat

Smash Rookie
Yeah Doctor Mario does seem to have a very good grab game and a pretty solid grab in general. I haven't played Dedede in this version yet.

Top Bottom