• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters have the best AI?

BackwardCap

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-0407-6208
I noticed that some computers (mostly the ones with dive attacks) just can't help killing themselves while other characters like Luigi and Diddy Kong are just terrifying to go up against.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Certainly not Fox and Falco. Fox often kills himself by fast-falling and attacking while I am below the stage. Falco has SD'd himself an alarming amount of times by side-b-ing instead of up-b-ing to grab to ledge above him. Happens on WarioWare the most, I think. Hm...
Luigi and D3 have pretty good AI. Lucas is tough.

I hope that the AI are better and harder in 3.0.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Jiggs is overall not all that challenging but she does land Rest more than expected.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget Zelda. Ever fought her with bowser? She loves sticking them stilletos in my face. That wench.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Marth and Puff are the only two CPUs I've ever lost to so far (twice each or something like that). And I haven't played Melee competitively, so I pretty much suck at this game right now.
So yeah. They're not the 'best', they're the 'least bad'.

I heard the PMBR is working on it though. That'd be great, especially in regions like mine where PM is not as active as I'd want it to be.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I wish the computers would learn to tech in random fashions, whether it be neutral, back, or forward. And of course more stage techs, which they do do a bit, surprisingly. It would help us people trying to practice frame traps, etc.

Also, Snake is a terrible computer, as is Fox and Falco.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Just use Snake and stick any computer with a C4 and then they start just rolling back and forth for an easy stock. I hope that gets changed lol.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oo man, I almost never fight the AI. What makes Luigi and Diddy so tough? I'm really curious now, I wanna try. : D

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Here's a silly thing to do
-Pick Link
-Fight against lvl 9 falco
-Spam rang at close range
-4 stock 0%

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
I played against plenty of lvl. 4 opponents, all of which made braindead decisions all the time. The greatest example was when Dedede thought, "Hey! That winged boy is escaping the stage! Clearly, the best solution is to hit him with my ground slam that I have no way of recovering from". They were all trivially easy to beat, so I know that this continues the proud Smash tradition of having positively awful AI.

That is, until I faced adult Link, twice. I used Sheik, Zelda, and C. Falcon. Both times, he walloped my backside far more than the others did, being far faster and more aggressive. Zelda managed to barely win (on Skyloft), while the Captain suffered a sizable defeat (on Dracula's Castle).

Ace55

Smash Lord
Falco quadruple (or more) shining after a stock then jumping out of it onto a platform and doing it again is still the most hilarious thing I've seen. 2050 techskill right there.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It is certainly not Pikachu, he keeps killing himself. I would say Mario, Luigi, the Kongs, and Snake.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I don't know how you can call PM AI bad when you compare it to the other games. It's not even close, some of the characters are halfway decent by human standards.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Meta Knight's the worst AI, has no idea what he's doing.
The best would probably be Mario, too good

BEES

Smash Lord
Mario seems stronger than the other ones I've tried. Still fairly routine to get rid of him once you get used to what he's doing, since he doesn't pressure or approach as well as a human could, but his reaction time and his choice of response is autistically good, and everything about the way he attacks seems pretty tight. He knows exactly when f-smash will work, to the frame. So he'll always do it when it works.

The spacies are ********. Large characters are still troublesome for the AI.

Top Bottom