• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters can stall out MK?

Crow!

Smash Lord
Hypothetical question:

Suppose at the beginning of a match, a MK player accidentally SDs with his opponent at 0%. How many (and which) characters can virtually guarantee a win by simply defending and running away from MK for 8 minutes and taking no more than 1 stock's worth of damage?

My instinct says that MK is too fast and too good off stage to allow any character other than a planking MK at a tournament without a ledge grab limit to auto-win this way, or even to improve thier odds of winning over simply pressing their 1-stock advantage with normal play. But I'm not really that good, and I'm certainly not experienced at stalling. What do people who know more than I do think?

Edit: added emphasis on something people seemed to be missing about my question.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Use MK, kill yourself at the start of a good MM and find out.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Well if we are talking hypnotically here then Sheik could

Perfect jump into chain camp for 8 minutes...it could happen.
Doesn't work, unless Shiek has a mechanic I'm not familiar with. Tether recoveries don't grab the ledge anymore after 3 successful connects unless you touch the ground. Same problem applies to Link and other Zair tetherers trying to ledgestall or edgehog indefinitely.

Also, I think you meant hypothetically rather than hypnotically. If you hypnotize your opponent, winning becomes kind of trivial, lol.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't work, unless Shiek has a mechanic I'm not familiar with. Tether recoveries don't grab the ledge anymore after 3 successful connects unless you touch the ground. Same problem applies to Link and other Zair tetherers trying to ledgestall or edgehog indefinitely.

Also, I think you meant hypothetically rather than hypnotically. If you hypnotize your opponent, winning becomes kind of trivial, lol.
Chain camp = throw out chain onstage and wait for opponent to run into it

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Funfact, no one can guarantee a win by stalling.
You have to be able to predict your opponent.
Its easier on some characters, but just because you use stalling does not mean you instant win.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol.

Characters with a reasonable chance at this:

Wario
Jiggs
MK
Sonic

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He would have a chance if the stage is huge.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Characters who could do this-

MK- duh
Wario- he could do it
G&W- plank more
Olimar- Don't let him near!
Sonic- run awaaaay
Snake- nade shield
Falco- play gayer

^most likely it won't work though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
also depends on the stage. the only non mk character i think that has the closest chance is jiggz tbh

all other characters lack the off stage maneuverability they need to achieve success

jiggs just wouldnt be able to on large stages like fd, though smashville or bf would have a higher chance of success.

Luigi player

Smash Master
This is stupid -__-
If the MK SDs and you're still at about 0% just play normally and you should still win if you're not a worse player than the MK. Just don't risk anything...

gm jack

Smash Lord
... Yeah. I'm about 99% sure MK can get through that.
Actually, the chain can outrange/out prioritise all of MK's attacks. It is the same reason Sheik destroys Ganondorf. However, MK is a lot quicker with longer range, so the Sheik has to be perfect to chain camp the mk.

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
No character. Since stalling is illegal?

Playing defensive or campy however, hypothetically any character could do it given enough skill.

Characters who have a high chance at doing this though are the characters we already recognize with really good defensive/camp games:

Snake, Marth,Wario, Falco, Jiggz, Sonic, Diddy, ICs, DDD, and MK.

Again though, hypothetically any character could do it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Captain Falcon and Squirtle.

Actually, any of the cast that can move relatively quickly.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Technically speaking Bowser. He's have to be frame perfect with his Up B timing, but he could.

Ledge grab -> drop down -> Up B for the 5 frames of invincibility -> ledge grab on 6th frame -> repeat.

If a Bowser Main can keep that up for 8 minutes straight, I say let him have the win. >_>

OverLade

Smash Hero
On Norfair/Weegees/Delphino it might be possible. Otherwise it would be difficult to outstall a really good MK.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
with people taking a topic like this seriously, why isn't MK at least soft banned...

The 30% of the people who place that use MK are going to be the ones breaking the soft ban, lol.

Also, no sharking stage is viable for stalling MK.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu can easily out camp MK!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.

You don't understand.
He meant to *Chain Camp*.
It's where you pull out your chain and don't let people touch you by keeping them off ya ***.
Very effective IMO. I made a video about it, I need upload it. lol It's just sittin in my CPU. XD
Lol.

Characters with a reasonable chance at this:

Wario
Jiggs
MK
Sonic
I second this mans wisdom
I've outcamped an MK with chef before, dmg. I think G&W has a chance at least ;)
I would believe that....
Ganondorf!
*said be saviorslegacy* who believe what I said below?
^^^^^^^^^^
He just answered your question. Play as Ganon, be gay and you'll never lose.

Top Bottom