• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the best edge game?

Which character has the best edge game?

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doctor Mario

• Donkey Kong

• Game & Watch

• Ice Climbers

• Kirby

• Link

• Luigi

• Mario

• Mewtwo

• Ness

• Peach

• Pichu

• Pikachu

• Roy

• Samus

• Young Link

• Zelda

• Total voters

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Who do you think it is and why?

I actually think it's Yoshi. He can run off up b or double jump into the ledge quickly. He can spam eggs invincibly from edge. Can hax dash, double jump has super armor and has a decent invincible ledge dash.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ganondorf has a double jump made for the ledge. He has a long ledgedash with ledgedash jab being INV (fp), as well as ledgehop (NIL) jab and even ledgehop grab (fp for INV). He has the ledgedrop ff dj regrab ledge infinite, as well as the reverse ledgedash ff regrab ledge infinite. He has ledgehop uair regrab ledge. He has reverse ledgedash dj waveland on bf/ys platforms (pseudo dash). Ledgehop uair covers all ledge grab attempts that aren't absolutely pixel-perfect. Definitely a candidate for best ledge game.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
I think Marth is overrated on the ledge because his options for getting back onto stage pretty much suck
I agree that Marth's options from the ledge are severely lacking compared to other characters but I wouldn't say they "suck". He does have a few fully invincible ledge options that are decent if they aren't used too much.

Delta Chae

The Observer
Like what?
Spotdodge, roll, and jab. Done perfectly Marth gets 4 frames of actionable invincibility from the ledge, spotdodge comes out on frame 2 and both roll and jab come out on frame 4. Nothing stellar by any means but decent as mixups provided that they aren't overused.

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Spotdodge, roll, and jab. Done perfectly Marth gets 4 frames of actionable invincibility from the ledge, spotdodge comes out on frame 2 and both roll and jab come out on frame 4. Nothing stellar by any means but decent as mixups provided that they aren't overused.
Slightly off topic but I'm actually wondering what characters don't have an invincible roll or spot dodge from the ledge. I'm guessing like Peach, Zelda, Mewtwo, and Yoshi maybe?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Fox definitely has the best edgeguard in the game. But Bowser's is also extremely good. The only thing holding him back is how slow he is, so that's rip.

-Bair edgeguards well and sends at Sheik's fair angle. But it's slow to come out. Invincible bair from ledge tho.
-Ftilt is amazing and tilted down reaches below the ledge and sends aat Sheik's fair angle. Comes out frame 12 tho rip.
-Fair is good to send away and edgeguard off stage.
-Marth killer hard to do, but works extremely well because ''below''
-You can Koopa Klaw back throw from the ledge. Works super well against Falcon, Sheik, Marth, Ganon and others.
-Nair comes out quick and beats illusion and Luigi's side B.
-Fsmash oh dem.

Optimally I think Bowser has the best edgeguard in the game. But Fox is faster so easier to pull off.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Puff, here's why.
>5 "double" jumps
>Disjointed bair
>Nair stays out forEVER
>Rest punish if opponent recovers on stage
>Throws at ledge can lead into aerial, which can lead to another aerial, and so on
>Dair has crazy priority (similar to mario's and doc's)
>Side b sends opponent at wonky angle and can even stage spike if they di it right (or wrong)

Oh, and now her options if she finds herself off stage
:GCY::GCUL::GCB::GCY::GCUL::GCB::GCY::GCUL::GCB:

Top Bottom