• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you think is TOO cheap

Zantetsu2

Smash Apprentice
You can't say a character is cheap. It depends on how people USE a character.

Also... No johns :p

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
it must be link
he is insanely fast
also can recover from halfway across the screen
has bombs
AND RANGS
no other character has 2 projectiles
also owns the master blade
not to mention when he shields
its a real SHIELD under that bubble
also when his shield breaks he becomes drunken master
also green tunic is great camouflage
great for mindgames because of his swordsmanship
also z cancels very efficiently and shorthop is easy
you can also curve his boomerang in any direction
down air move is overpowered

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Ness's recovery is too ******** for him to be cheap. If you can get him off the level it should be a stock.

DK is the cheap one.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming you mean overpowered. Although there are ways around them, that doesn't make them weaker. For example: There are plenty of ways around Peach's down smash, but would you still consider it overpowered? Anyways that's enough anachronisms.
I'd go with Kirby or Pikachu.
Kirby-Up Tilt, Forward Smash, Dair
Pikachu-Up B, Throw, ALL AERIALS (cept maybe dair/fair), his forward smash is a little strong.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Samus is the cheapest by far... her roll takes like 3 seconds, so it's amazing for mindgames. Plus, she has a projectile that you can charge. That's like if Fox had a laser that you could charge. Or what if Kirby had a projectile that you could charge?

God, Samus is cheap.

_kSo_

Smash Master
lolz i agree with mooseproduce

samus is too cheap, she has a gunzz that canz be chargzed and god her bombs go through everything and don't even hurt her! 0_o

also she combos so well!!!! omfg u can keep hitting people up and then down again with dair, but then again they could tech it, but teching stuff is so hard so no one does it anyway rofl

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Samus is the cheapest by far... her roll takes like 3 seconds, so it's amazing for mindgames. Plus, she has a projectile that you can charge. That's like if Fox had a laser that you could charge. Or what if Kirby had a projectile that you could charge?

God, Samus is cheap.
You must be DavyJones' twin brother.
Samus is too cheap just charge her shot, damage the enemy to 100, and hit them.....

Edit: KSO have you ever made a funny post in your life?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
AlexBarry, stop your trolling. I've not seen you make a funny post, either, so stop trying to incite a reaction from KSO.

the Shadow Knite

Smash Rookie
Link would probably have to be the 'least' cheapest character, its that way people use him typically always usmash to up-b, i hate playing those players because they always DO THE SAME THING.

difference between Typical Players and Cheap Players

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
Kirby is only slightly cheaper than other characters. I think we should go based on moves, not entire characters.

Jigglypuff = Dair - Down-B = stupid. That whole down-B is just plain cheap. That is not why I use her though.

All characters have weaknesses and can be countered, take Kirby for example. I, a very avid kirby user, find kirby easy to destroy with C. Falcon. C. Falcons' always own me, and I always own kirbys when I'm C Falcon, even though I'm way better with kirby than CF.

DK has cheap moves, his stupid grab move, his freakishly long range. To bad he can be wiped out by kirby/pikachu/jiggly/any good player who can Z-cancel or zero-to-death effectively.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
link is over powered to no end..

even samus has to cook steak for him.

l0telephone0l

Smash Cadet
Kirby is only slightly cheaper than other characters. I think we should go based on moves, not entire characters.

Jigglypuff = Dair - Down-B = stupid. That whole down-B is just plain cheap. That is not why I use her though.

All characters have weaknesses and can be countered, take Kirby for example. I, a very avid kirby user, find kirby easy to destroy with C. Falcon. C. Falcons' always own me, and I always own kirbys when I'm C Falcon, even though I'm way better with kirby than CF.

DK has cheap moves, his stupid grab move, his freakishly long range. To bad he can be wiped out by kirby/pikachu/jiggly/any good player who can Z-cancel or zero-to-death effectively.
dair - down-b can be avoided easily as dair is a horrid approach (and if you do get hit, DI away...)

Also, I find the most cheap character to be yoshi. srsly, utilt -> dair OMG! i hate when ppl do that so cheap! plus he has counter! gamebreaking!

Or fox's dtilt -> dair -> utilt -> dair -> utilt -> dair -> jab -> dair -> jab -> dair (etc.) Fun stuff...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
dair - down-b can be avoided easily as dair is a horrid approach (and if you do get hit, DI away...)

Also, I find the most cheap character to be yoshi. srsly, utilt -> dair OMG! i hate when ppl do that so cheap! plus he has counter! gamebreaking!

Or fox's dtilt -> dair -> utilt -> dair -> utilt -> dair -> jab -> dair -> jab -> dair (etc.) Fun stuff...
Fox's combos are easier to DI out of then jigglys so :p i still say MH is cheap, everyone else has thier own little cheap tech so ssb64 is cheap (9.95$ on ebay)

hambread

Smash Apprentice
masterhand is broken to no end. hes got 300HP and cannot be stun. who the hell needs a sheild. and and and and all his moves are executed in extreme speed and you will never beat him rawr.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
masterhand is broken to no end. hes got 300HP and cannot be stun. who the hell needs a sheild. and and and and all his moves are executed in extreme speed and you will never beat him rawr.
lol thanks for your support :p

after concideration i decided to say this, i dont think any char is CHEAPER then another but i will say which one i find most irritating to play...Ness...you get a good Ness player and man o man i feels like breaking my controler xD thats pointed at you TigerBombz for picking up Ness randomly then almost 3stocking my pika D:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I can't believe almost no one said PIKACHU PIKACHU PIKACHU PIKACHU PIKACHU PIKACHU PIKACHU etc
This is mainly because its not really pikachu, but the person who plays pikachu...ex Campers, throw spammers, and Tilt spammers..play my pika i use none of them and still im not TOO bad :p

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
You must be DavyJones' twin brother.
Wat!

Who is DaveyJones?

Edit: Pikachu is cheap because of his "turn around" animation. If you stand still and just tilt left, right, left, right, etc. he rotates in place... best mindgame ever. "I'M CHARGING MY PIKACHU TORNADO!!" "OH SHI-- !"

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Wat!

Who is DaveyJones?

Edit: Pikachu is cheap because of his "turn around" animation. If you stand still and just tilt left, right, left, right, etc. he rotates in place... best mindgame ever. "I'M CHARGING MY PIKACHU TORNADO!!" "OH SHI-- !"
lol thats awesome :p and it really does screw peopel up too o.o;;

hambread

Smash Apprentice
wow a frame perfect tas video of kirby handing butts to everyone like santa.
thino is correct. you can learn more *** from that video than reading volume over volume of shonen jump. plus you get to learn awesome dance moves. cant wait to use it on that chick at school.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
If the topic doesn't get back on track in five posts, it's getting closed.

I think everyone's given their cheapest character and why, so it's just spam land.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
has no one said Fox yet?

Have you peopl ever played a fox? I dont even know where to begin.

GOPrincessPeach

Smash Cadet
Mario isn't cheap because he is just a well-balanced character.
DK is kind of cheap because of his power.
Link isn't cheap because he is too awful to be cheap.
Samus I guess is cheap because she can combo easy.
Yoshi is not very cheap.
Kirby is cheap because he is so easy to use.
Fox is a bit cheap because he can combo well.
Pikachu of course is cheap because he can edge-guard and combo well. His recovery is great too.
Luigi, same as Mario.
Captain Falcon is sometimes cheap because he is fast and has good power.
Ness is very cheap because he is too powerful, but is slow.
Jigglypuff is kinda cheap with her rest move.

That is just what I think.

Top Bottom