• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character do you HATE to fight?

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
grab someone in midair offstage with wario's bite attack, both you and them fall to your doom if their damage is high enough to stay stuck in the bite long enough....not as easy as kirby or king ddd's but still very much possible.
Great as a insult kill when the opponent is trying to recover and you're a stock(or two...) ahead of em.

I've heard it can be done with Ganondorf but I'm too lazy to try it. Can it be done?

link2702

Smash Champion
ganon's one of the easiest ones to do ti with....

just fall from the ledge, jump back up, immediatly use his side special.

if your opponent is dumb enough to be near the ledge at the time, you will take em down with you, unlike kirby ddd and wario, they can't break free of ganon's grab, he doesn't stop plummeting down unless he hits solid ground, or...kills both himself and you off stage.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Dude, that Ike was just not good enough to say that it's possible.
I mean, not so professional players like me would found this amazing, really.

But people like M2K would be like "...meh." And wipe you off with anything quick.

So it's not all that great.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
Dude, that Ike was just not good enough to say that it's possible.
I mean, not so professional players like me would found this amazing, really.

But people like M2K would be like "...meh." And wipe you off with anything quick.

So it's not all that great.
Dude...

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Then who the **** was this Ike player?

Any good player wouldn't let himself get "combo'ed" like that, let alone get hit by that dair in the first place.

link2702

Smash Champion
the main point i think that should be noticed is that it is indeed possible(....i'm surprised anyone really would question it though, if you can grab hold of someone midair like wario bowser kirby king ddd and ganon can, its possible to suicide while holding em to take them out with you)

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I think the better question we should ask ourselves is why does he keep babbling about?
It's starting to be annoying...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Olimar- Majority just throw Pikmin out and do nothing but that. But when I go Olimar myself against them, oh man, it doesn't bode well for them :3

Diddy Kong - The bananas. An item on the list that's banned, yet he uses 'em. And worse, they're nothing like other projectiles like Snake's nades or Peach's turnips that vanish in a respectable amount of time.

And that's pretty much it. I love going up against Snake because it gives me a chance to be Bomb Kirby (or at least, the closest to it).

SuperBluey2749

Smash Rookie
I mostly hate fighting Ike, because his moves are so strong that he can kill you in like 2 moves only. I realize that his attacks are slow, but I can't sidestep dodge them in the right moment.

link2702

Smash Champion
I mostly hate fighting Ike, because his moves are so strong that he can kill you in like 2 moves only. I realize that his attacks are slow, but I can't sidestep dodge them in the right moment.
you know half the time you dont' even have to side step dodge, majority of noob ikes you find in things like basic brawl, will start charging ike's smashs from like clear across the stage, just stand there out of reach and watch as the ike player looks like an idiot holding a charged smash, then wait for the sword to hit the ground, THEN go and counter the poor ike. Remember he has like a crap ton of ending lag as well aas start up lag on those moves, so once it misses he's dead.

you can also just shield most of the time, you'll still have enough time to counter him after it hits the shield.

alternatively you could also just jab him when he starts the move. Ike's not invincible when he starts the smash animation so you still have time to poke him with a quicker move and make him flinch.

SuperBluey2749

Smash Rookie
you know half the time you dont' even have to side step dodge, majority of noob ikes you find in things like basic brawl, will start charging ike's smashs from like clear across the stage, just stand there out of reach and watch as the ike player looks like an idiot holding a charged smash, then wait for the sword to hit the ground, THEN go and counter the poor ike. Remember he has like a crap ton of ending lag as well aas start up lag on those moves, so once it misses he's dead.

you can also just shield most of the time, you'll still have enough time to counter him after it hits the shield.

alternatively you could also just jab him when he starts the move. Ike's not invincible when he starts the smash animation so you still have time to poke him with a quicker move and make him flinch.

I barely even KO in basic brawl, because of button lag(I still have yet to get used to it).

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played brawl in a long time but I remember always hating to go against Diddy Kong.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
-King Dedede- said:
Lol, Why Do You Hate Diddy Kong?
I think the reason I didn't like going against Diddy Kong was because of the way I would play and my opponents playstyle. As I said, it was a long time ago (and I wasn't learning the metagame or many advanced techniques). If I remember right, I would do a terrible job of reading my opponent so I would make stupid mistakes and fall victim to a lot of c-stick smashes.

-King Dedede-

Smash Cadet
I think the reason I didn't like going against Diddy Kong was because of the way I would play and my opponents playstyle. As I said, it was a long time ago (and I wasn't learning the metagame or many advanced techniques). If I remember right, I would do a terrible job of reading my opponent so I would make stupid mistakes and fall victim to a lot of c-stick smashes.
Lol, I Like Fighting Diddy Kong

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Lol, I Like Fighting Diddy Kong
Surprisingly I agree, but I never use my main against him because he's one of Pika's worst MUs, I usually go Marth or ZSS against Diddy because they can use his bananas against very effectively.

Guard Break

Smash Rookie
I really hate fighting Olimar and Craptain Falcon.

Olimar is really hard to master both when playing as him or fighting against him. He's really unpredictable and has a lot of unexpected ranged attacks.

Craptain Falcon is also quite unpredictable. He jumps around a lot and doesn't have a detectable attack pattern.

Pooketard

Smash Rookie
Olimar all the way.
Most players spam with him and his smashes are so subtle you're bound to get hit. #godieolimar -__-

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Also hate Wolf... Annoying against also I suck if I'm not ToonLink.
PS: I suck in general lol.
PSS: But idgaf i enjoy playing lol.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
After reading this thread, I decided to try out some match-ups against lvl 9 CPUs on 3 stocks (using G&W).
First tried Olimar on FD but got defeated in seconds flat. Rematched him in Flat Zone 2 and defeated him with thanks to FZ2's lion tamers. Then I fought Luigi on the same stage. He KO'd me first but then walked off into the side he threw me to, SD'ing himself. I defeated him also, this time getting damage assistance from the food from FZ2's chef. Finished both matches with only one stock left.
Then went up against Meta-Knight, the highest in the high tiers, also in FZ2. Started the match with a 9 hammer, costing MK a stock. Then from that point on, things went quickly downhill for him. A final smash later and he was defeated. The ironic part is that I lost no stocks in this match, and got only 16% damage. Either the CPU's reasoning is rather poor, or :gw: is a lot more powerful than people think.

link2702

Smash Champion
i thought it was common knowledge by now, even by casual players that the cpus were ********.

@windozeNT
you're facing a computer, not a real person, think about that for a second....have you ever seen the cpu ice climbers do their death grab?

exactly.... CPUS in smash have never been very intelligent, trying to gauge how good/bad a character is from how the cpu plays them is kinda foolish.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Only one character: Falco.
It's not enough that he's my most hated character on the roster, but he also has to be my least favorite to fight in a match.

I see MK as a challenge and actually find it fun. Snake and Diddy make things interesting trying to work around the nades, mines, and peelz. I respect the execution that I know it takes to be good with ICs.
Falco? No. Salt will be had.

Top Bottom